Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$10.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Black Lagoon: Complete Collection Season 1 and 2 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Major keys to the genius of Final Fantasy VII

- Simple but magical music made characters and moments memorable

- Simple yet ultra satisfying gameplay

- cool hero and villain

- *the scene*

- the Gold Saucer and a wealth of mini games

- prerendered backgrounds and blocky characters gave the game a unique, warm, cuddly feel that gamers will never forget

- deep story that you could probe and discuss to no end

- epic moments like viewing the floating city of Midgar from its gates when your leaving it for the first time or WEAPON's escape

I could go on and on but this game is just so wonderful. Call it overrated or whatever else, but sadly I do not believe there will ever be a game this good again. Not because I have grown so attached to VII but because I believe game studios restrict creativity too much now days. One of the rules when the developers were making VII was that "anything goes". Hard to find that in today's games.
4K > 1080p
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
New Zealand

I played FF VII one week after Phantasy Star 4 on Mega Drive, I must say I preferred PS 4 in terms of emotional connection (I am a HUGE Shinning Force fan). I felt FF tapered off toward the end and felt rushed.

However, what incredible visuals. I still recall fondly the Japanese Spiral shell that you could walk through. Of course I kept hankering for the Full Motion Video scenes. My mate had a copy of GameFan magazine that had the entire review of it, and it's screen shots built up so much anticipation for me, I couldn't believe I was about to partake in this epic world (the only game that ever gave me an emotional high to pick up from the shop and take home). No I wasn't disappointed in the end, I just found it a little too linear and repeat visits became quite boring.

Loved Chocobo breeding, Getting the golden Chokobo made me happy. Chokobo racing was awesome as well.

Anybody able to beat Ruby Weapon?. I don't think I can recall ever having a satisfying duel with it what so ever.
"Do not try to use what you learn from Buddhism to be a Buddist; use it to be a better whatever you are already"

The Dalai Lama XIV
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rouge View Post
I am a HUGE Shinning Force fan
Have you played Shining Force 3? You can actually play the whole 3-disc game in English now.

Of course, if Sega re-made Shining Force 3 for PS3, PSP, or Vita I'd definitely get it.
PSN: SuprSaiynMusashi

DVD/BD Collection: 781 discs on 349 products: 261 movies + 2,476 Episodes.
Game Collection: 618
Born and raised blu-blood

Trivia: What is Becky going to do when she gets home from school?
Trivia Archive: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=169794
Old 12-15-2011, 05:14 AM   #24

Dec 2011

I still consider this the greatest RPG of all-time. It's perfect.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rouge View Post
I played FF VII one week after Phantasy Star 4 on Mega Drive, I must say I preferred PS 4 in terms of emotional connection (I am a HUGE Shinning Force fan). I felt FF tapered off toward the end and felt rushed.

However, what incredible visuals. I still recall fondly the Japanese Spiral shell that you could walk through. Of course I kept hankering for the Full Motion Video scenes. My mate had a copy of GameFan magazine that had the entire review of it, and it's screen shots built up so much anticipation for me, I couldn't believe I was about to partake in this epic world (the only game that ever gave me an emotional high to pick up from the shop and take home). No I wasn't disappointed in the end, I just found it a little too linear and repeat visits became quite boring.

Loved Chocobo breeding, Getting the golden Chokobo made me happy. Chokobo racing was awesome as well.

Anybody able to beat Ruby Weapon?. I don't think I can recall ever having a satisfying duel with it what so ever.
You have to KO two members of your party then use Final Attack + Phoenix + Knights of the Round to beat it. Oh right and you need a bit of luck.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #26

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

Not my favorite Final Fantasy, even of the big three on the first PlayStation...but man what a classic. Not much can be said about it these days, but it was one of those RPGs that really got me into the genre and made me play more from the past and moving forward. I don't NEED the HD remake everyone wants, but I know I would be in line on day one to pick it up
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #27

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
With all the games getting HD console upgrades over the past year or so a Final Fantasy VII upgrade would make sense. Thing is I'm not sure if I trust Square Enix to not F it up. Let's face it, Square isn't anywhere near the quality video game eveloper it was back when they created Final Fantasy VII. The quality of their games had really fallen off these days.
Good point. Probably just better to leave it alone.

I agree that the company is a shell of its former self and one that doesn't interest me anymore. FFXIII was an ok game, but their games have been lacking for years now. I'll probably give a new next gen FF game a try, but if it is no good and missing a lot of the magic that makes a FF game a FF game, I'll have no problem forgetting about them for awhile.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #28
Special Member

May 2010
Netherlands

Anybody interested in a NTSC black label? Found one in my closet.
LG Oled C7
Oppo Udp-203
Old 09-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #29
Expert Member

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman marz View Post
i still consider this the greatest rpg of all-time. It's perfect.
+1
Old 09-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #30

Feb 2011

The iOS port was released recently. I'm about 3 hours in, still as good as ever. Love the music so much.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming