Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$27.99
John Wick 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.00
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Red Dwarf XII (Blu-ray)
$18.97
Supernatural: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #41
Special Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taknakhan View Post
Digipaks eh? Just to confirm, is that like, the Se7en case, with the book attached to it? Or is that a digibook? Or am I completely off the mark?

...what the hell is a digipak?!
Digipaks are basically a cardboard style packaging, where you just flip open, and the disc is usually on a plastic tray attached to the cardboard. The digibook is basically a variation of a digipak.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #42

Jul 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ofclubs View Post
Just wanted to vent my hatred of digipaks, I have all my blu-rays alphabetically arranged in genres, all nice & neatly shelved & have even made genre indexes in blu-ray cases, & then some studio brings out a must have release only available as a digipak, OCD overload.

I can live live with different colour & thickness cases, but digipaks is just pushing things too far.
I know exactly what you mean, but then again the only digipak I have is Fight Club. When I had it in with my amarays it drove me insane, but I'm sure if I had more in the same packaging I'd be fine and would probably separate them from the amarays. For now I just have Fight Club on display because, well, it's Fight Club.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #43
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

I've just got the one digipak that being the JB exlcusive Harry Potter set, couldn't resist at the price. Annoying how they couldn't release Harry Potter with matching artwork.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
The digibook is basically a variation of a digipak.

Not really. I think a digipak is the least like a book of all the variants on Blu-ray housing. The digibook and digistak are much more alike, as is the US format that I've taken to calling digisleeves, like the US Alien set or JB's new release of Spartacus: Vengeance.

I know cardboard tends to fray over time, but I personally like all of those more than the standard plastic amaray case. (Well, maybe not the clacky digistak! ) Plastic just always seems a bit cheap and nasty to me. And it's obvious why a Blu-ray amaray is the colour it is, but blue is probably the ugliest possible colour for plastic. So ... yukk.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #45

Jun 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Digipak

digipak.jpg

Digibook

digibook.jpg
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Wow, where'd that Alien set come from, hdgfs? That's so noice !!

(I've got the UK set, which is also a digipak — or was, when it was first released — but it doesn't look like that one.)
Old 09-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Wow, where'd that Alien set come from, hdgfs? That's so noice !!

(I've got the UK set, which is also a digipak or was, when it was first released but it doesn't look like that one.)
im pretty sure its just a mockup before they released Aliens. Would of been nice
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Oh, ta, Nick.

The dimensions are a bit strange, though. Looks odd. And the artwork on the digipak we did get is pretty lush, I think, so it's not like we got dudded.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Sheesh, careful what you say to Amazon.

Last night I wrote an enquiry to Amazon UK's help desk, asking about the possibility of adding items to orders that have been placed but not yet packed, and I got a reply saying that the operative "understood" that I wanted to combine my orders, and so had combined three standing orders, one of which involved items that won't be released until October 22nd. And I have just been informed it can't be undone. So several items that should be shipping to me tomorrow now won't be arriving until the second week of November.

Wow, helpdesks sometimes aren't so helpful.

Time for me to cancel a few orders and start again, I think. But I think it's going to cost me my pre-order price guarantee on a couple of them.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #50

Jul 2012

Quote:

Last night I wrote an enquiry to Amazon UK's help desk, asking about the possibility of adding items to orders that have been placed but not yet packed, and I got a reply saying that the operative "understood" that I wanted to combine my orders, and so had combined three standing orders, one of which involved items that won't be released until October 22nd. And I have just been informed it can't be undone. So several items that should be shipping to me tomorrow now won't be arriving until the second week of November.

Time for me to cancel a few orders and start again, I think. But I think it's going to cost me my pre-order price guarantee on a couple of them.
I have also thought that would be a great idea. I would love to add lightning deals & specials to existing orders, as they're not so special when there's nothing else you want & you have to pay 5 quid shipping. It would be great to tack them onto existing orders.................which I always have because of their price guarantee pre-orders. I always end up searching for at least 4-5 extra titles to add to each order to make it worthwhile.

Maybe I'll contact them about combining orders, have two due to be packed, 15 & 22 Oct. Then again it's a lot of mucking about to save 3.50....
Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Cool if that's what you want. But I actually didn't even mention combining orders. :frustrated:

The downside of having your helpdesk staffed by people who don't seem to have English as their first language, I guess, and then give them a straitjacket of limited allowed options for responding to enquiries.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #52
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:

That sucks! I was going to get them to combine a couple of mine, but not now...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
That sucks! I was going to get them to combine a couple of mine, but not now...
I think if that's what you actually want them to do, then you'll be okay!

I'm only worried about losing the pre-order price because I had to (or chose to) cancel and re-order.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #54
Power Member

Mar 2011

Thought y'all might like this!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #55
Power Member

Mar 2011

This isn't too bad either:

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #56

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
This isn't too bad either:

Lol that's awesome!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #57

Aug 2012
Australia

Quote:
[Show spoiler]

I've practically given up with them. Never had a single issue with Amazon.com after a couple years of using them, but countless problems with Amazon.co.uk. Items not getting sent on time, items never arriving, items arriving damaged. I had a DVD sent several months ago which never arrived, and was issued a refund as it was no longer in stock. Re-ordered it around three weeks ago, and it was shipped the next day via iParcel (whom I've never had an issue with before - they do the expedited shipping for Amazon.com). The tracking showed it leaving the UK to Belgium, after which the tracking never updated again. Waited two weeks, and decided to contact them when it reached the estimated delivery date. Explained everything in plain English, it wasn't hard to understand at all. I was asked to standby while they looked into it, and then replied saying they could confirm it was in transit to Australia but could not say where it was from where the tracking stopped. Received an email from a different customer service agent a day later saying they had contacted iParcel and "could confirm my parcel was in transit to Australia, and was currently in Belgium". Yeah, way to not actually read what my problem was.

I used to order a lot from them because they were generally cheaper than the US site, but I don't think I'll bother anymore. This is just one of a few examples I have of their rather poor customer service and inability to understand what the problem is.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-

And ... it gets worse.

I've just noticed that two items — The Core, due for release on Sept 17, and the Resident Evil quad set, due for release on Sep 24 — have now been hived off into a separate delivery, with an estimated despatch date of Novermber 27.

Amazon can't tell me why, but claims it's correct.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #59
Expert Member

Jul 2008
Australia

Just picked up Indy and Titanic from JB. Night set!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #60

Jun 2009
Australia

anyone know if there was a problem with Conan The Barbarian Remake 2D/3D disc having audio problems have tried on different players
and the audio starts skipping at certain points
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia