Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Free State of Jones (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
X-Men Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Bridget Jones's Baby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
Special Member

Jan 2014
Lipari, Aeolian Islands, Italy
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholkavich View Post
SoR2 has an amazing soundtrack as well as a really deep gameplay. Theres different move sets and combos you can use to your advantage, grabs, elbow smashes, knee drops, throws, specials.

Golden Axe is a fun beat'em up but more of a button masher IMO.

If you want any tips for hidden gems on the system, hit me up
Well, what can I say... I like fantasy.

For now I'll stick to the games I ordered (they should arrive next week) as I have things like the Doctor Who blu rays to buy next month, and most Mega Drive games cost around twenty Euros with manual and box, I was actually surprised to discover tha insane amount of cart-only listings on eBay and Amazon, some would think that those plastic boxes they came in would survive a couple od decades as my games did and if kids as obnoxiously destructive like I was remembered to put the manual back in the box most people did back in the day, right?
Sincerely buying only the carts when the game had those perfect plastic cases feels very wrong, it's not like they had those useless paper boxes pre-DS Nintendo games came in.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:25 PM   #22
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
UK

Before we had a PlayStation, the Mega Drive was the console of choice in our household. Loved it. The forty-game compilation that they released for the PS3 is amazing because it enables me to play favourites like Kid Chameleon and Sonic the Hedgehog.
"An angel should never enter the kingdom of heaven without a gift."

"Another person to ignore and GLADLY. dallywhitty, dallyunwhitty, he's the expert on posting etiquette." - bootsy
Old 01-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #23
Banned

Feb 2010

Imagine what Sega consoles would be like today if the dream cast didn't kill them.

Last edited by Slim Jim; 01-31-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:30 AM   #24
Power Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
Imagine what Sega consoles would be like today if the dream cast didn't kill them.
Did the Dreamcast really kill Sega? It was a great system, I just thought the PS2 and Xbox were too much competition for Sega to compete.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:45 AM   #25

Jul 2014

I think the Genesis 32x, mega cd, and Gensis combo did a lot of damage to Sega because it was such a mess. It didn't help that each component had its own power adapter.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:07 AM   #26
Banned

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Did the Dreamcast really kill Sega? It was a great system, I just thought the PS2 and Xbox were too much competition for Sega to compete.
From what I heard is that the dream cast killed it plus with the ps2 and Xbox. people that I knew that had it when it came out said it sucked and that they returned it and got the ps2.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:13 AM   #27
Power Member

Aug 2008
San Fransokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
From what I heard is that the dream cast killed it plus with the ps2 and Xbox. people that I knew that had it when it came out said it sucked and that they returned it and got the ps2.
I don't believe the XBox was even out before Sega stopped making consoles, let alone helped in Sega's decision, to stop making consoles. It was PS1 and N64 for the kill, long before PS2, and GameCube announcements nailed it home....
JackKnight_Starman Profiler List
Mitsubishi WD65835 65" DLP RPTV
Oppo BDP-93
Onkyo TX-SR609 A/V Reciever
Old 02-01-2016, 06:08 AM   #28
Banned

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKnightStarman View Post
I don't believe the XBox was even out before Sega stopped making consoles, let alone helped in Sega's decision, to stop making consoles. It was PS1 and N64 for the kill, long before PS2, and GameCube announcements nailed it home....
For some reason I thought the ps2 was out at the same time as the dream cast
Old 02-01-2016, 06:33 AM   #29
Power Member

Jan 2011

U.S. release dates:

Sega Dreamcast - September 9, 1999
Sony PS2 - March 4, 2000
Microsoft Xbox - November 15, 2001
Nintendo Gamecube - November 18, 2001

According to Google, Sega discontinued the Dreamcast on ‎March 31, 2001. I had all four systems and really enjoyed the Dreamcast, but the PS2 was the best imo. Having a DVD drive was a big driving force behind its popularity. DVD players were very expensive to purchase at that time.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
England
United Kingdom

I loved the mega drive had such a fun time playing

and

Thor: We know each other. He's a friend from work.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:02 AM   #31

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholkavich View Post
SoR2 has an amazing soundtrack...
I agree, one of the best in videogames and really surprising considering the sound output on a Mega Drive wasn't quite as good as the SNES.

I grew up with a SNES but my Uncle had a Mega Drive. He had Streets of Rage 2 and the game was just amazing and so addictive. I also used to play Pete Sampras Tennis.

I did have an Amstrad computer with a Mega Drive combo at one point, but weirdly it didn't play all Mega Drive games I seem to recall. I had loads of fun playing The Terminator (a REALLY short game) and European Club Soccer. I did play some Sonic but never could get into them like Mario.

I got rid of the Amstrad not long after and missed out on Castlevania: New Generation (aka Bloodlines). YEARS later I bought a second-hand Mega Drive and played that game, which ranks up there with Streets of Rage 2 for me. I also bought Robocop vs. Terminator (which I had rented years before) and that game is a lot of fun too.
Favourite Movies: Superman: The Movie, Jaws, 'Salem's Lot (1979), The Exorcist, Alien, Creepshow, In The Mouth of Madness.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming