Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Gator $12.49 (5 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Old 03-10-2016, 05:09 AM   #1
Expert Member

Sep 2015
USA
Default What is that game?

Hello, I'm not sure if this qualifies as retro but I am looking for the name of a game that had a character with red spiky hair. Im not too sure its Crash Bandicoot either, but possibly. It may've been Sega Saturn or PS1. Red spiky hair, possibly a cutesy animal with attitude. The ground in at least one level was checkerboard red and yellow colors like the purina dog chow emblem lol. Every once in a while, a flying saucer would appear and it would make a strange hum like a hair blow dryer. Kind of a 3d landscape if menory serves me. Anybody have an idea on the name of this game?
WISH LIST:Spring Forward, Lone Star, Stakeout, Tin Men, Ordinary People, Hangin' with the Homeboys, Just one of the Guys, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, The Station Agent, Lisbon Story, Box of Moonlight, Summer School, Hunter's Blood, White Hunter Black Heart, Critters, Maximum Overdrive (Collector Edition), What Happened Was..., Split (1989 - Dir Chris Shaw), Seedpeople, The Sword and the Sorcerer, Out of Bounds.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
Banned

Dec 2015

Spike, The main protagonist of Ape Escape or Tomba, The pink-haired protagonist from the Tomba series maybe.
Thanks given by:
nikon76 (03-11-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Expert Member

Sep 2015
USA

Unfortunately, no. This game wasn't as chunky of graphics meaning, not as "big". It was more compact looking. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog. I mean, maybe it was a different version? All I remember is the main character you used ran through these 3d landscape worlds where, on at least 1 level, the ground was yellow and red square checkerboard...big, open landscape. Once in a while, during a level, a small UFO would appear in the sky and make a whirring sound like a hair dryer (blow dryer).
WISH LIST:Spring Forward, Lone Star, Stakeout, Tin Men, Ordinary People, Hangin' with the Homeboys, Just one of the Guys, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, The Station Agent, Lisbon Story, Box of Moonlight, Summer School, Hunter's Blood, White Hunter Black Heart, Critters, Maximum Overdrive (Collector Edition), What Happened Was..., Split (1989 - Dir Chris Shaw), Seedpeople, The Sword and the Sorcerer, Out of Bounds.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
Banned

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon76 View Post
Unfortunately, no. This game wasn't as chunky of graphics meaning, not as "big". It was more compact looking. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog. I mean, maybe it was a different version? All I remember is the main character you used ran through these 3d landscape worlds where, on at least 1 level, the ground was yellow and red square checkerboard...big, open landscape. Once in a while, during a level, a small UFO would appear in the sky and make a whirring sound like a hair dryer (blow dryer).
Is it Rocky the Rodent?

Thanks given by:
nikon76 (03-11-2016)
Old 03-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #5
Expert Member

Sep 2015
USA

I found it! The name of the game is Bubsy 3d. Naturally, my obsession happens to be with one of the worst rated video games of all time but...I think it's good. It has atmosphere.

Last edited by nikon76; 03-11-2016 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:02 AM   #6
Banned

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon76 View Post
I found it! The name of the game is Bubsy 3d. Naturally, my obsession happens to be with one of the worst rated video games of all time but...I think it's good. It has atmosphere.
Bubsy 3d? How the hell did I miss that? Probably because I didn't think anyone would play that lol

If you're looking for a good platformer I highly recommend Plok
Old 03-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

Bubsy was orange.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
Expert Member

Sep 2015
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMaster64 View Post
Bubsy 3d? How the hell did I miss that? Probably because I didn't think anyone would play that lol

If you're looking for a good platformer I highly recommend Plok

Hahaha, yeah, it's got a bad rap. If there was a way to lower the music, I could play that game. I like the atmophere. The colors are completely LSD, though. Thanks for the recommend!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

If you liked Bubsy you'd probably like Blasto (if you haven't tried it yet). From what I remember it was a good idea but had a lot of mechanical problems.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #10
Expert Member

Sep 2015
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
If you liked Bubsy you'd probably like Blasto (if you haven't tried it yet). From what I remember it was a good idea but had a lot of mechanical problems.
Thanks for the head's up! I enjoyed Clockwork Knight back in the day. Not sure how that rated with the community? Pepperouchau is such a cool/strange name! lol
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming