Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$28.35
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$61.49
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrival 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pretty Woman (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 04-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
If you want the 3d, I strongly recommend you get in now for $35-37aud (from target or sanity). Disney doesn't go cheaper then that with any of there newer 3d releases sadly.

There is also zavii for $41aud including shipping with 3d and the steelbook (though currently sold out, not sure fi they do more stock) . You may now all this already, just thought i'd post for you or anyone else interested.

https://www.zavvi.com.au/blu-ray/rog.../11387240.html
So Target have the $35 as well? I'll check it out.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #82
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
So Target have the $35 as well? I'll check it out.
My local Target had the 3D version when I dropped in last, and it was priced at $35:

If you can visit a JB store, just ask them to price match Target or Big W.

Edit: I thought I might add that I've seen brand new copies of the local 3D version on EBay for around $32 with free shipping.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One s & 360 s, Sony PS4 Pro & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub

Last edited by Cevolution; 04-09-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #83

Dec 2009
Melbourne, Australia
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
This:

Looks nicer than this in my opinion:

The red banner and border look rather hideous, as usual. The blue banner and blue classification logo on ours blends in better.
I know where you're coming from re colour, though I think that the red in the photo is exaggerated (it will probably be foil), and will actually look OK.
I wish I had pre-ordered the Sanity digibook and forgotten about the 3D. They are now sold out and the only one I can find on Ebay, has an outrageous asking price of $70!
The hideousness of the Aus covers is the censorship logo.
I am a collector of posters and that logo just ruins the artwork. Think I have an inbuilt hate of it in all contexts!
Luckily, the most important thing is the film itself
Thanks given by:
L-Rouge (09-19-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 07:24 AM   #84
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia
Default Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

The red border on the slip is a foil finish from what I've seen (but the red banner on the actual Blu-ray case is not), but a bit of shiny cardboard doesn't change my opinion about the blue on our version blending in better:

Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One s & 360 s, Sony PS4 Pro & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub

Last edited by Cevolution; 04-09-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #85
Power Member

Feb 2016

The steelbook is mercifully devoid of classification logos, they're only on the cardboard slip.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #86
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

I was going to wait until the next 20% off to get the steelbook from JB which is supposed to be this coming Friday, but thought better not risk it and picked up last week. Glad I did as it appears stock levels are dropping quickly, the store I bought from had like 20 copies easily but now on the website when I look compared to a couple of days ago the stores with stock for pickup has drastically reduced to just a few and the store I bought from isn't even in the list... I was in the city today also at Bourke St store and they didn't seem to have any in stock on shelf, although they still show as one of the stores with stock on the website...
Looking to Trade or Buy: A Trip to the Moon Steelbook, I have a spare copy of Twilight Time Releases (As good as it gets & The Egyptian) also have a spare Aussie release of The Avengers on Steelbook (sealed).
Old 04-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #87
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

I haven't seen any photos in this thread of this JB exclusive version, so I thought I would post one:

Setup:
Thanks given by:
jedidaniel (04-11-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:09 AM   #88
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

I see that the steelbook has disappeared from JB's website so wouldn't have been able to buy in the online 20% off sale tomorrow afterall. That was my worry that it wouldn't be there by the time we got to the sale.
Looking to Trade or Buy: A Trip to the Moon Steelbook, I have a spare copy of Twilight Time Releases (As good as it gets & The Egyptian) also have a spare Aussie release of The Avengers on Steelbook (sealed).
Old 04-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #89
Special Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueherring View Post
I see that the steelbook has disappeared from JB's website so wouldn't have been able to buy in the online 20% off sale tomorrow afterall. That was my worry that it wouldn't be there by the time we got to the sale.
Does the Aussie JB allow the discount on new releases? In NZ it can't be used on advertised lines, including Rogue One (since we do still have the SB online).
Old 04-13-2017, 02:18 AM   #90
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
Does the Aussie JB allow the discount on new releases? In NZ it can't be used on advertised lines, including Rogue One (since we do still have the SB online).
Yeah when there is 20% off at JB in Aus you can generally use it on any blu ray except pre-orders. So if it was still on the website tomorrow could have ordered for pickup in a store and got for $32. But now that it isn't online, there may be a couple of copies floating around in stores still but with no stores open for the 20% sale can't get it at that price.

Glad I picked it up on release now even if it was at full price... Shame it wasn't $34 like a lot of the new release steelbooks, $40 is just a lot to spend for a release...
Thanks given by:
bell_packet (04-13-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #91
Expert Member

Jul 2008
Australia

My local JB has three copies of the Rogue One steel on shelf if anyone is interested. Happy to help any members, just send a pm. Cheers
Old 04-17-2017, 02:52 AM   #92
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

I was at my local on Saturday and they didn't have one copy, I had bought from there when released and they got 24 copies in. They moved pretty quick...
Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #93

May 2011
Sydney

1 month late, I know but any sightings of the steel?
Old 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #94

May 2017
melbourne aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_boy001 View Post
1 month late, I know but any sightings of the steel?
I think it must be close to sold out, both jb stores I had seen a few copies at, seem to of gone, probably with the 20% off sale jbhifi had last week.
Ebay might be your best friend now.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #95

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Question: Does anyone know if they are going to re-release the 3D version as a Collector's Edition like they did with The Force Awakens?
Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #96
Special Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moysey1969 View Post
Question: Does anyone know if they are going to re-release the 3D version as a Collector's Edition like they did with The Force Awakens?
I'd say a 4K re-release for this is more likely now that Disney's in the game, and we know the director recorded a commentary that wasn't present on the current edition. The 3D collector's edition was only made because 3D wasn't included initially, so it wouldn't make sense for RO to get a second 3D release (although who knows for sure when it comes to Star Wars and its multiple editions).

I'm still waiting for 4K to get this since while I enjoyed it, it's not something I want to double-dip on, and I'd rather get 4K than 3D for this in particular.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:21 AM   #97
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Kind of wishing I picked up the Sanity digibook version now as well.. Was just looking at it again on here and it looks pretty nice

Edit. looks like I might still be able to pickup at Sanity. Does anyone remember how much it was when originally released at Sanity?

Last edited by Blueherring; 09-20-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #98

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Here is a better look at the Sanity exclusive version:

DAMN, I would have preferred to buy this digibook that the JB steelbook.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:23 AM   #99
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Just picked up a copy of the digibook sealed from a sanity store they had another copy or maybe 2 but they were not sealed. The shelf copies always seem to look worn at sanity when opened. They also had couple of copies of Wonder Woman but not sealed either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2017, 04:13 AM   #100

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueherring View Post
Just picked up a copy of the digibook sealed from a sanity store they had another copy or maybe 2 but they were not sealed. The shelf copies always seem to look worn at sanity when opened. They also had couple of copies of Wonder Woman but not sealed either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just think its plain stupid opening them and putting on display why not open one keep rest sealed. My local which was pre ordered was sealed but has a small bend in the corner,looks like it maybe was dropped or something. But i may have secured another sealed for exchange.
But my local had like 7 other copies all open daft if you ask me and another store also.
They will still sell them regardless but im sure they might sell quicker if still sealed.
My preference is a sealed copy just unlucky it has a small bend in one corner but i should be able to exchange this.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia