Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Carrie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.98
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$12.97
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.22
Superman: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Trailer Trauma 3: 80's Horror-Thon (Blu-ray)
$21.95
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Wailing (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$22.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 09-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #21

Apr 2009
Australia

Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)

I'm probably a bit late to the game on this one, but that it some quite disheartening info regarding the UHD release. I personally don't find the real 4K movies I have now all that mind blowing over regular Blu - but an upscale? hmm. May possibly wait for reviews for this one.
Visual: LG OLED65G6T
Players: OPPO BDP-105/UDP-203, PS4 Pro, Intel NUC i7
AVR: Pioneer SC-LX701
Speakers: 7.1.2 Mongrel mix of Bowen & Wilkins, JBL and Jamo Dolby Atmos
Old 09-06-2017, 02:28 AM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTrix View Post
Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)

I'm probably a bit late to the game on this one, but that it some quite disheartening info regarding the UHD release. I personally don't find the real 4K movies I have now all that mind blowing over regular Blu - but an upscale? hmm. May possibly wait for reviews for this one.
Most films are still made at 2k. However the uhd/4k format should have better compression and hdr is a very nice add. Outside of botched transfers or way to high of a premium being asked, the uhd disc is the way to go in terms of 2d options. Personally i'm going 3d as I find even average current 3d presentations to add more then what 4k does (3d consistency is up massively over just a few years ago). But if you're wanting it in 2d and you're a fan, the uhd is likely the way to go (once again, just like blu-ray vs dvd there are some botched transfers where the lesser format is the better release, but I think that is very unlikely for this one).

Essentially the uhd release should in theory give you the best 2d option of a film. Though with films designed for 3d (Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or Fantastic Beasts and where to find them for two recent examples) it to me is a notable downgrade as the extra clarity and colour uhd provides isn't close to what quality 3d does.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 09-06-2017, 02:54 AM   #23

Apr 2009
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
hdr is a very nice add
Until we get 12 bit panels, we haven't even breached the surface on what HDR is capable of yet. It terms of what's on offer now, I'm not overly impressed to be honest.

I was thinking of the UHD blu in terms of future proofing. While I do grab the 3D disc if it's available for any of the movies I buy, one day the TV will say goodnight and I will have no way of ever playing the 3D disc's again.
Visual: LG OLED65G6T
Players: OPPO BDP-105/UDP-203, PS4 Pro, Intel NUC i7
AVR: Pioneer SC-LX701
Speakers: 7.1.2 Mongrel mix of Bowen & Wilkins, JBL and Jamo Dolby Atmos
Old 09-06-2017, 03:22 AM   #24

Mar 2011
Sydney, Australia.

Flash in the pan.

I don't want to have to put on glasses to watch a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
Wake me up when the 3d release gets announced.

Last edited by dean1700; 09-06-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean1700 View Post
Flash in the pan.

I don't want to have to put on glasses to watch a movie.
Which is far enough. I use to have to wear glasses when I watched a movie etc and no longer need to. So I don't find it to be even a little annoying (I have found myself brilliantly putting on my 3d glasses briefly if I have watched several 3d films recently when I go to watch some 2d content). Maybe give it another look in a few years when the inevitable glasses free displays start showing up. 3d at home with glasses will only ever be a niche, it needs to be glasses free or be glasses that are the display (a really small vr/ar headset the likes of which are 10+ years away).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTrix View Post
Until we get 12 bit panels, we haven't even breached the surface on what HDR is capable of yet. It terms of what's on offer now, I'm not overly impressed to be honest.

I was thinking of the UHD blu in terms of future proofing. While I do grab the 3D disc if it's available for any of the movies I buy, one day the TV will say goodnight and I will have no way of ever playing the 3D disc's again.
Sure, I still think HDR is a nice add, it just never has the wow factor of something like the 3d in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I would be shocked if 3d isn't added back in for some models in the coming years and eventually glasses free is certainly going to happen. 8k vs glasses free 3d for what tv's push next, the one with more content and the immediately obvious difference is certainly not 8k, though higher bit panels may come first.

Still with vr/ar headsets developing the way they are, I can see in 20+ years them replacing how we view material at home. It will be interesting indeed.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 09-10-2017, 01:23 AM   #26
Special Member

Dec 2011
Gotham

The Digibook doesn't seem to be appearing on Sanity's main Wonder Woman page any more...
The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams... ♪
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #27

Sep 2010

digibook already sold out couple of weeks ago...
Old 09-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #28
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Bugger, should have pre-ordered it looked good
Looking to Trade or Buy: A Trip to the Moon Steelbook, I have a spare copy of Twilight Time Releases (As good as it gets & The Egyptian) also have a spare Aussie release of The Avengers on Steelbook (sealed).
Old 09-18-2017, 10:33 AM   #29
Special Member

Dec 2011
Gotham

Picked up the digibook at my local Sanity. They only had 3 copies though. I didn't preorder, just went in store and grabbed it. So even though it's not on their website, just go in store and check it out personally if you're after one. Seems like they have very limited amounts of the digibook though so get in quick!!

And yes, it's awesome.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #30

Oct 2010

Wonder why the buggers have not called me today to pick up, did you just grab this from shelf? Saying that im in wa maybe they not got there stock yet over here.
Can you post up pics.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #31

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Looks like I'm late to the party for the Digibook, will try my local Sanity in the morning though... got to try.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:33 AM   #32

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Lucky, managed to pick up the Wonder Woman Digibook from Sanity in Blacktown. They had about 3-4 copies left, if anyone is interested.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 AM   #33

Mar 2015

How much Moysey?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:06 AM   #34

Oct 2010

I have mine on pre order so picking up later but my i contacted my jb about my steelbook as could pick up same time even though its not out till tomorrow they tell me been delay in stock not be till Thursdays or friday. So much for a pre order in store looks like i get it after release date lol.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #35

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqhuynh View Post
How much Moysey?
$39.99 which is what I expected for this. But had to have the Digibooks to match Batman vs Superman & Suicide Squad copies I already have.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #36
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Managed to pick up a copy of the Wonder Woman digibook from Sanity this afternoon. If anyone is after one and is in Melbourne, Chirnside Park has about 6 copies in store behind counter.

Unfortunately there are no sanitys close to the city anymore, its a long way to get to any of them...

The packaging looks very nice, haven't opened yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking to Trade or Buy: A Trip to the Moon Steelbook, I have a spare copy of Twilight Time Releases (As good as it gets & The Egyptian) also have a spare Aussie release of The Avengers on Steelbook (sealed).
Old 09-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #37

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueherring View Post
Managed to pick up a copy of the Wonder Woman digibook from Sanity this afternoon. If anyone is after one and is in Melbourne, Chirnside Park has about 6 copies in store behind counter.

Unfortunately there are no sanitys close to the city anymore, its a long way to get to any of them...

The packaging looks very nice, haven't opened yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they have 4K on the shelves?
Old 09-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #38

Oct 2010

What i dont get about sanity is why the unseal there copies take out the discs and stick then out front to get damaged,most would want to get a sealed copy. Why not keep most of there sealed copies behind counter and stick one on display.
Mine was pre ordered so all good, but if i was buying from them in store iv would be buying one from over counter. They had about 5 or 6 i think all unsealed. Even a star wars digibook all banged up being on display. Such a shame really.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #39
Special Member

Dec 2011
Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt99 View Post
Wonder why the buggers have not called me today to pick up, did you just grab this from shelf? Saying that im in wa maybe they not got there stock yet over here.
Can you post up pics.
No, I called them first thing in the morning and asked if they had any of the digibooks. They told me they had 3 so I asked them to hold 2 copies for me (one for me and one for my mum). Here are some pics...

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg
Thanks given by:
Anamnesis (09-19-2017), Blueherring (09-20-2017), Hucksta G (09-19-2017), Pieter V (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #40

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Crap, didn't know they released a Man of Steel digibook.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia