Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Rock-a-Doodle (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.22
Young Mr. Lincoln (Blu-ray)
$28.35
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$12.97
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Carrie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Trailer Trauma 2: Drive-In Monsterama (Blu-ray)
$17.50
Superman: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.98
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 AM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem71 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, pre-ordered. I wonder if any US based etailers will carry this, though? I've checked a few places online so far and no luck, they just have the US dvd only.
Yeah, gotta love that in 2017 newly produced films are still getting DVD-ONLY releases. Seriously?

Well no matter, will gladly spend the extra money and import it then.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Thanks given by:
Gomephrus (08-26-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #22
Expert Member

Aug 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Monster View Post
Region-free but heads up, any American & Canadian collectors, some of the special features have been produced at 25fps so be mindful of that that when ordering.

This is the content at 25fps:

- Raw À Votre Goût – an in-discussion featurette with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Film Critic Emma Westwood
- Australian Premiere Introduction with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Monster Fest 2016 Festival Director Kier-La Janisse
- Australian Premiere Q&A with Writer/Director Julia Ducournau & Monster Fest 2016 Festival Director Kier-La Janisse
-Quick Bites with Julia Ducournau & Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
What issues will a US TV and bluray player have with this?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #23
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog Foot View Post
What issues will a US TV and bluray player have with this?
Those features will be unwatchable (you'll probably see a blue screen or an error screen if you try to play them).
Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #24

Jan 2012
Madison, WV

My order from JB Hi-Fi shipped out yesterday!! Anyone from the US know how long it usually takes for delivery? The site says 2-4 (rare occasions 6) weeks. Hoping some of you with experience can give me some good news about your previous orders arriving closer to 2 weeks than 4.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #25

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by danforth44 View Post
My order from JB Hi-Fi shipped out yesterday!! Anyone from the US know how long it usually takes for delivery? The site says 2-4 (rare occasions 6) weeks. Hoping some of you with experience can give me some good news about your previous orders arriving closer to 2 weeks than 4.
Yes, I'm curious too. I'm in the US as well and this is my first ever order with them. I assume it will take least 2 weeks to arrive. I just hope it doesn't arrive mangled from Oz.
Major bummer too that people in the US won't be able to watch 4 of the special features on the Blu-ray. Ah well, First World problems...
Old 09-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #26
Power Member

Feb 2016

It usually takes about 3 to 4 weeks for my orders from JB to get to NZ from Australia so good luck with the timeframe You may be able to watch the special features on a BD-ROM drive if you have one.
Thanks given by:
danforth44 (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Connecticut

If I have a region-free player, should I be all set to watch the bonus features in the US? Would I need to set my player to region B?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
It usually takes about 3 to 4 weeks for my orders from JB to get to NZ from Australia so good luck with the timeframe You may be able to watch the special features on a BD-ROM drive if you have one.
How does it take almost a month for something to travel from Australia to New Zealand?
"A lust for Blu-rays keeps us alive."

HD Digital Codes For Sale (PM me): The Cabin in the Woods, The Duff, The Edge of Seventeen, The Guest, It Follows, Nocturnal Animals, Reality Bites, Star Trek: Into Darkness
Old 09-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #28

May 2009
Hamilton, ONTARIO, Canada

Quote:
Anything i've ever ordered from JB to canada has taken the better part of 4 to 6 weeks for sure, so i'm sure it wouldn't be too much less for the USA unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
danforth44 (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #29
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonXI View Post
If I have a region-free player, should I be all set to watch the bonus features in the US? Would I need to set my player to region B?

How does it take almost a month for something to travel from Australia to New Zealand?
The region code has nothing to do with it (most bigger distributors here release BDs that are direct ports of the US master, with no 50hz content). You'd need a player that can output a 50hz signal to a TV capable of receiving that signal.. which unfortunately the vast majority of US displays can't do. It's weird, TVs in PAL-territory have been NTSC-compatible since the 1990s, but US manufacturers stubbornly continue to thumb their nose at such things

As for the uselessness of AusPost and NZ Post, that's just how it is these days. As far as I can tell they're pretty good at getting stuff out of the country but once it's in the country it seemingly sits on a shelf for a couple of weeks before anyone bothers moving it any further
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (09-16-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #30

Dec 2012
Australia

Just got my copy from in-store today - wasn't even out on the shelves yet, the guy had to go out the back to find a copy.

Transfer is great, much better than seeing it at the cinemas imo. Haven't gone through all the extras yet but there's certainly a lot to delve into. Slipcover is also beautiful. Highly recommend!

Hope all your copies travel safely for you overseas buyers.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looking for SLIPCOVER for Angry Boys Blu-ray (US, 2012)
Thanks given by:
danforth44 (09-24-2017), Heinz-Klett (09-22-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 12:29 AM   #31

Jan 2012
Madison, WV

Good news, everyone!! Either they're using a faster shipping method or their shipping partner improved drastically, as mine arrived today. That's quicker than most retailers here in the US get packages to me. Caught me off guard, because I wasn't expecting it for another month or so. So if you guys here in the States haven't received yours yet, I'm guessing you won't be waiting much longer. ♥
Old 09-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #32

Oct 2013

Quote:
Good news, everyone!! Either they're using a faster shipping method or their shipping partner improved drastically, as mine arrived today. That's quicker than most retailers here in the US get packages to me. Caught me off guard, because I wasn't expecting it for another month or so. So if you guys here in the States haven't received yours yet, I'm guessing you won't be waiting much longer. ♥
Oh wow, that's good news. Hopefully I will receive my copy in the States next week then. It didn't arrive damaged or anything? Have you watched it yet?
Old 09-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #33
Expert Member

Aug 2013
-
-
-

Just got mine today. Surprised that it was shipped in a single bubble mailer. That being said it has a large chunk of the case missing, loose disc and dent/tear in the slip cover that is close to half an inch in length. I ordered from JB Hi-Fi so I hope getting this sorted out isn't difficult considering they are over seas.

Edit: Almost immediately they touched base with me and handled it promptly and professionally. Very impressed with the customer service in this case. And would recommend them to anyone on the fence about ordering.

Last edited by Frog Foot; 09-25-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #34
Power Member

Feb 2016

Quote:
Just got mine today. Surprised that it was shipped in a single bubble mailer. That being said it has a large chunk of the case missing, loose disc and dent/tear in the slip cover that is close to half an inch in length. I ordered from JB Hi-Fi so I hope getting this sorted out isn't difficult considering they are over seas.
Ouch.. I've had a couple of loose discs from them before but no case or slip damage, those padded mailers are definitely not enough protection for an intercontinental journey though.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:33 PM   #35
Power Member

Jun 2008
Perth

Quote:
Good luck with that. Their M.O. is usually to direct you to the nearest store for a replacement. Unfortunately yours is 20,000 miles away!
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

For Sale: Alfred Hitchcock Boxed Set (AU), Jacques Tati Collection (AU), Warner 50 Film Collection (AU), Hammer Horror Collection (AU), Necromancy (Code Red)
Old 09-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #36
Expert Member

Aug 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
Ouch.. I've had a couple of loose discs from them before but no case or slip damage, those padded mailers are definitely not enough protection for an intercontinental journey though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Good luck with that. Their M.O. is usually to direct you to the nearest store for a replacement. Unfortunately yours is 20,000 miles away!
They have already touched base with me and it was handled promptly and professionally. Very impressed with the customer service in this case. And would recommend them to anyone on the fence about ordering.
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (09-25-2017), Davidian (09-26-2017), Heinz-Klett (09-26-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 11:57 PM   #37

Feb 2013

All the special features play on my Xbox One. Perhaps this is to be expected but it was a surprise to me given cult of monster’s previous post.
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (09-26-2017), black coffee (09-26-2017), Davidian (09-26-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 03:37 AM   #38
Expert Member

May 2011
Bay Area, CA

For any US Buyers, DiabolikDVD just got their copies in!

$24.99 + shipping
R.I.P DVDSpot
Old 09-27-2017, 06:46 AM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006

Got mine from JB Hifi yesterday as well. That was fast shipping from Australia to U.S!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #40

Oct 2013

Got mine from JB Hifi two days ago. It only took ten days to reach me here in the US. With the exchange rate, this cost me $22.89 total, which is a decent price. And yes, I can also confirm that ALL the special features played with no problems at all on my Blu-ray player.
Great disc. I plan on listening to the commentary this weekend. Really about the only thing that is missing from it is an in-depth making of documentary and/or interviews with the cast/crew. If Arrow released a SE of this I would definitely double dip, but for now I'm pleased with this Aussie Blu-ray.
Thanks given by:
danforth44 (09-27-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia