Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96
3 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.87
12 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.00
20 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
7 hrs ago
A Bad Moms Christmas (Blu-ray)
$9.59

I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
12 hrs ago
Book Club (Blu-ray)
$19.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 07-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #1

Feb 2010
Criterion The Last Picture Show (1971) in Criterion's America Lost and Found: The BBS Story

Hi.

Two of the movies from the America Lost and Found: The BBS Story Blu-ray set from Criterion have had their own individual release, and these are them:

This is the one from the set I would love to see get its own individual release:

Does anyone agree with me on this? I mean, it would be better that buying the whole set if you're only interested in one or two movies from the set.

If anyone feels strongly about this as I do, please let me know. Also, you can write to Criterion letting them know this as well (the fact that any of you would like to see THE LAST PICTURE SHOW Blu-ray from Criterion get a standalone release).
Old 07-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #2

Feb 2018

Absolutely. The best movie in the set in my opinion. The set has recently skyrocketed in price and I would love to have a standalone of this.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #3

Jan 2011
Wisconsin

I'd absolutely love to see a standalone release of The Last Picture Show. Hopefully Criterion will release it someday.
“Now more than ever we need to talk to each other, to listen to each other and understand how we see the world, and cinema is the best medium for doing this.”- Martin Scorsese
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (07-15-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
Expert Member

Dec 2016

Yes, I agree. Luckily I just got the America L&F set off ebay cheaply, so I won't have to wait for an individual and it's cheaper this way.

But I've been wanting to upgrade The Last Picture Show for forever since its such an amazing film and so I sympathize with you.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
Special Member

Feb 2015
Anytown, USA

There is a region-free German release
[Show spoiler]

Get the box set anyway, it’s a great collection. I primarily bought it for “Head” (The whole set existed to coincide with the deluxe edition of the soundtrack) and fell in love with Easy Rider, Five Easy Pieces, and The Last Picture Show.

Also this belongs in the “wishlist” section.
SELLING: "Forever Marilyn"-$28
The Thing: Shout Factory WITH SLIP- 25$

Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Last edited by Dailyan; 07-13-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:06 PM   #6

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
There is a region-free German release
[Show spoiler]

Get the box set anyway, it’s a great collection. I primarily bought it for “Head” (The whole set existed to coincide with the deluxe edition of the soundtrack) and fell in love with Easy Rider, Five Easy Pieces, and The Last Picture Show.

Also this belongs in the “wishlist” section.
No offense, Dailyan, but I already have EASY RIDER (the Criterion re-release from 2016) on Blu-ray already.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #7

Feb 2010
Default Contact

By the way, to contact Criterion, just go to the website for the Criterion Collection, go down to Contact Us, and it'll show you the e-mail address for suggesting titles. This message goes out to anyone who wants to the see the Criterion Blu-ray of THE LAST PICTURE SHOW get a standalone release. I think that if more of you suggest this Criterion, the more they might consider the possibility of release a standalone version.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

Feb 2010
Default Replies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer2010 View Post
By the way, to contact Criterion, just go to the website for the Criterion Collection, go down to Contact Us, and it'll show you the e-mail address for suggesting titles. This message goes out to anyone who wants to the see the Criterion Blu-ray of THE LAST PICTURE SHOW get a standalone release. I think that if more of you suggest this Criterion, the more they might consider the possibility of release a standalone version.
If anyone has read the message about contacting Criterion to suggest THE LAST PICTURE SHOW Blu-ray for a standalone release, please let me know that you have read it and if you have decided to contact them. Thank you.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists