Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Old 04-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #1961
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Talk about an interesting day!
First, and foremost, I was able to snag a copy of the Frozen Blufans Olaf LE steelbook at this site's groupbuy today. There were four small groupbuys for this and the Ultimate Edition(2 steelbooks with Elsa/Anna covers) that were held on Tuesday and today. All total there were 150 Olaf, and 350 UE available spread over four groupbuys...the all sold out in 1 second. I kid you not. I've never seen posts happen that fast on this site...even during the SW thread's prime days!!
So right after the groupbuy, USPS shows up with:
2 Zavvi steelbooks, 2 Twilight Time releases and 3 ELITE 1:24 diecasts
THEN UPS just showed up with my StormShadow 6th Scale
AND I just preordered Jean Grey EX PF!
Oh yeah, then I have to call up the LionelRacing to TRY and order 5 more ELITE diecasts at 7pm, during their "Thursday Thunder"(3rd Thursday of every month).
I definitely have a problem!

This is me:
Damn thats a lot of stuff in 1 day lol. Good job getting the steelbook, I've never heard of something selling that fast. I think the Jean Grey looks freaking sweet! Which of the other X-Men PF's do you have? Also are these Elite diecasts you are getting from Hotwheels? I'm not familiar with 1:24 scales. I just know that Hotwheels has an Elite series, not sure if its the same thing.

Also Sideshow just put up a countdown clock to May the 4th.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/ma...ign=041714news

I wonder if they are finally going to reveal some plans for new SW PFs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #1962
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Damn thats a lot of stuff in 1 day lol. Good job getting the steelbook, I've never heard of something selling that fast. I think the Jean Grey looks freaking sweet! Which of the other X-Men PF's do you have? Also are these Elite diecasts you are getting from Hotwheels? I'm not familiar with 1:24 scales. I just know that Hotwheels has an Elite series, not sure if its the same thing.

Also Sideshow just put up a countdown clock to May the 4th.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/ma...ign=041714news

I wonder if they are finally going to reveal some plans for new SW PFs.
I love the countdown clock! I was so jazzed to see, what appears to be, the foot of an AT-AT in the leaked photo yesterday, from the set in Abu Dubai.
I've got a few of the X-Men:
Wolverine PF EX, Rougue PF EX, Emma Frost PF EX, Dark X-Men EX PF, X-Men vs. Sentinel #2 & #3(would love to track down #1 someday). That's most of the SS stuff. I've also got some Bowen and Koto pieces...but dammit they are all boxed up!
The diecasts I get from LionelRacing. They used to be Racing Collectibles Club of America(RCCA). They specialize, mainly, in NASCAR(Spint Cup/Nationwide/Camping Truck)...but have branched out into Drags Racing(I think they are called Funny Cars?), and little bit of pop culture(TV/movie vehicles). Anyway their Elite line has kind of scaled back in cost for some of the super limited paint schemes(Copper/Gold/White Gold/Platinum) that used to go for $200-$250. The 1:24 scale is about 3x the size of a standard Matchbox or Hot Wheels 1:64 scale. I love it! I used to blast NASCAR many years ago, and joked about it, now I'm the biggest fan.
It will be sad day when the driver of the #24 car, finally, calls it quits! *sniff sniff*
Hey, on the bright side, it will free up more money for statues!
Sorry I don't have any pics to post...that will come with the new house! When everything is set up!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #1963
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I love the countdown clock! I was so jazzed to see, what appears to be, the foot of an AT-AT in the leaked photo yesterday, from the set in Abu Dubai.
I've got a few of the X-Men:
Wolverine PF EX, Rougue PF EX, Emma Frost PF EX, Dark X-Men EX PF, X-Men vs. Sentinel #2 & #3(would love to track down #1 someday). That's most of the SS stuff. I've also got some Bowen and Koto pieces...but dammit they are all boxed up!
The diecasts I get from LionelRacing. They used to be Racing Collectibles Club of America(RCCA). They specialize, mainly, in NASCAR(Spint Cup/Nationwide/Camping Truck)...but have branched out into Drags Racing(I think they are called Funny Cars?), and little bit of pop culture(TV/movie vehicles). Anyway their Elite line has kind of scaled back in cost for some of the super limited paint schemes(Copper/Gold/White Gold/Platinum) that used to go for $200-$250. The 1:24 scale is about 3x the size of a standard Matchbox or Hot Wheels 1:64 scale. I love it! I used to blast NASCAR many years ago, and joked about it, now I'm the biggest fan.
It will be sad day when the driver of the #24 car, finally, calls it quits! *sniff sniff*
Hey, on the bright side, it will free up more money for statues!
Sorry I don't have any pics to post...that will come with the new house! When everything is set up!
I saw the leaked photo last night but didn't realize it looked like an AT-AT foot until you mentioned it LOL.

I really liked the Wolverine PF. Have you seen what those X-Men PFs are going for on eBay? The Koto ones are going for a pretty penny too. Koto has a brown wolverine coming out, I think that I'm going to buy that one for sure.

I've never been a huge Nascar fan but I do watch the Daytona some years, I did this year. I'm usually more into IRL and F1, but I don't watch them as much as I used to either. But having said that I do want to see some pics of all the cars you've got Can't wait till you're moved in and have everything all set up. Your collectibles will finally get out of their boxes and be able to breathe air again LOL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #1964
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I saw the leaked photo last night but didn't realize it looked like an AT-AT foot until you mentioned it LOL.

I really liked the Wolverine PF. Have you seen what those X-Men PFs are going for on eBay? The Koto ones are going for a pretty penny too. Koto has a brown wolverine coming out, I think that I'm going to buy that one for sure.

I've never been a huge Nascar fan but I do watch the Daytona some years, I did this year. I'm usually more into IRL and F1, but I don't watch them as much as I used to either. But having said that I do want to see some pics of all the cars you've got Can't wait till you're moved in and have everything all set up. Your collectibles will finally get out of their boxes and be able to breathe air again LOL.
Oh you're telling me! Every SS EX will go for big bucks, it seems.
I wish they would get back to doing more "Vs." diorama, like Wolverine/Sabertooth, Grievous/Shaak Ti etc etc. They were reasonably priced, and very well done. Plus they don't take up half a Besta to showcase!
Since I'm such a comicbook fan, at heart, I was thinking a pretty neat line for Sideshow would be Classic Comic Covers. A few that come to mind:
McFarlane's Wolverine/Hulk, McFarlane's Spiderman #1, Wolverine/Captain America. It could be the actual comic, but made of polystone and offer some depth. Hell you could hang it on the wall and save Besta space. The same format could be applied to the iconic Star Wars theatrical posters.
Yeah while waiting on the phone for over an hour to try and order my cars, my mind was all over the place. Bummer the cars were all sold out, so now I've got to hunt around, but only 36 of each it's going to be tough to land any of them.

There is no doubt I'll be posting some pics when I finally get everything set up. Actually I'll be taking pics as I set everything up, for insurance/cataloging purposes. Plus I owe Lou pics of my lighted Bestas!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:35 AM   #1965
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Dude, Vader on the operating table would be sweet!



I see a lot of things before my wife does. Some movies I have to though. She gets really motion sick very easy. Any shaking cams and she's nauseas for the rest of the day. I had to watch Gravity recently just to make sure wouldn't be blowing chunks. She's going to try and watch it with me in the next few days. I would think with how smooth it is she'd be fine. At least I'd hope so.



Our house is way better that our last apartment. That place was unlivable. That was the main reason we got out. I was sick constantly. With the disease I have we have to be really careful about that stuff. The only room that gets more dust is our bedroom. We have a room filter in it. We really need to put one on central air which is our plan. We're also wanting to do wood floors. I hate vaccuming. Almost every room in the house has carpet and it takes for ever.



Those would be cool. You just wouldn't want to cover them with a coffee table. A TRON Legacy lightcyle one would be sweet.



So, I take it she hasn't seen Battle L.A. . My wife are the same way when it comes to movie viewing. Usually because she is just too busy with her work she doesn't have alot of time for movies. When we do have time, alot of the time she will fall asleep during. It is actually nice when we can get through a whole movie together. Really liked Gravity, and I'm not a Bullock fan, but she's done some good movies.

I hate vaccuming too. I do it everyday, and when we have guests, twice a day. I like a clean carpet, just hate vaccuming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Talk about an interesting day!
First, and foremost, I was able to snag a copy of the Frozen Blufans Olaf LE steelbook at this site's groupbuy today. There were four small groupbuys for this and the Ultimate Edition(2 steelbooks with Elsa/Anna covers) that were held on Tuesday and today. All total there were 150 Olaf, and 350 UE available spread over four groupbuys...the all sold out in 1 second. I kid you not. I've never seen posts happen that fast on this site...even during the SW thread's prime days!!
So right after the groupbuy, USPS shows up with:
2 Zavvi steelbooks, 2 Twilight Time releases and 3 ELITE 1:24 diecasts
THEN UPS just showed up with my StormShadow 6th Scale
AND I just preordered Jean Grey EX PF!
Oh yeah, then I have to call up the LionelRacing to TRY and order 5 more ELITE diecasts at 7pm, during their "Thursday Thunder"(3rd Thursday of every month).
I definitely have a problem!

This is me:
Congrats man on getting in on the order! And, congrats on the 1/6 Storm Shadow. I expect pics eventually. Just saw the Jean Grey pics. Good God! Cool to be on a collecting enduced high, isn't it? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Damn thats a lot of stuff in 1 day lol. Good job getting the steelbook, I've never heard of something selling that fast. I think the Jean Grey looks freaking sweet! Which of the other X-Men PF's do you have? Also are these Elite diecasts you are getting from Hotwheels? I'm not familiar with 1:24 scales. I just know that Hotwheels has an Elite series, not sure if its the same thing.

Also Sideshow just put up a countdown clock to May the 4th.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/ma...ign=041714news

I wonder if they are finally going to reveal some plans for new SW PFs.
Man! I hope so! I imagine we will get a glimpse of the McQ line. Not really interested, but will be interesting to see nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I love the countdown clock! I was so jazzed to see, what appears to be, the foot of an AT-AT in the leaked photo yesterday, from the set in Abu Dubai.
I've got a few of the X-Men:
Wolverine PF EX, Rougue PF EX, Emma Frost PF EX, Dark X-Men EX PF, X-Men vs. Sentinel #2 & #3(would love to track down #1 someday). That's most of the SS stuff. I've also got some Bowen and Koto pieces...but dammit they are all boxed up!
The diecasts I get from LionelRacing. They used to be Racing Collectibles Club of America(RCCA). They specialize, mainly, in NASCAR(Spint Cup/Nationwide/Camping Truck)...but have branched out into Drags Racing(I think they are called Funny Cars?), and little bit of pop culture(TV/movie vehicles). Anyway their Elite line has kind of scaled back in cost for some of the super limited paint schemes(Copper/Gold/White Gold/Platinum) that used to go for $200-$250. The 1:24 scale is about 3x the size of a standard Matchbox or Hot Wheels 1:64 scale. I love it! I used to blast NASCAR many years ago, and joked about it, now I'm the biggest fan.
It will be sad day when the driver of the #24 car, finally, calls it quits! *sniff sniff*
Hey, on the bright side, it will free up more money for statues!
Sorry I don't have any pics to post...that will come with the new house! When everything is set up!
What??? You'd think after all the time that has passed, there would be a new kind of walker. Hmm, or maybe it is old rusted up one. Man I can't wait for this movie!

Man, definitely get some pics of your die-cast collection up when you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Oh you're telling me! Every SS EX will go for big bucks, it seems.
I wish they would get back to doing more "Vs." diorama, like Wolverine/Sabertooth, Grievous/Shaak Ti etc etc. They were reasonably priced, and very well done. Plus they don't take up half a Besta to showcase!
Since I'm such a comicbook fan, at heart, I was thinking a pretty neat line for Sideshow would be Classic Comic Covers. A few that come to mind:
McFarlane's Wolverine/Hulk, McFarlane's Spiderman #1, Wolverine/Captain America. It could be the actual comic, but made of polystone and offer some depth. Hell you could hang it on the wall and save Besta space. The same format could be applied to the iconic Star Wars theatrical posters.
Yeah while waiting on the phone for over an hour to try and order my cars, my mind was all over the place. Bummer the cars were all sold out, so now I've got to hunt around, but only 36 of each it's going to be tough to land any of them.

There is no doubt I'll be posting some pics when I finally get everything set up. Actually I'll be taking pics as I set everything up, for insurance/cataloging purposes. Plus I owe Lou pics of my lighted Bestas!!!
100% agreed! And, just from SW, there are still so many they could make.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #1966
snsguy snsguy is offline
Special Member
 
snsguy's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)
247
476
59
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
That sounds awesome too
I really liked Gravity. I hope your wife can manage it. You might want to keep a bucket by the couch just in case lol.

Tron Legacy rugs would be cool. It would be really sweet if they could make a neon one that would glow under black light. I would love to see that neon glow. It would be too much for a living room, but it would be sweet for an entertainment room or den.
That would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Talk about an interesting day!
First, and foremost, I was able to snag a copy of the Frozen Blufans Olaf LE steelbook at this site's groupbuy today. There were four small groupbuys for this and the Ultimate Edition(2 steelbooks with Elsa/Anna covers) that were held on Tuesday and today. All total there were 150 Olaf, and 350 UE available spread over four groupbuys...the all sold out in 1 second. I kid you not. I've never seen posts happen that fast on this site...even during the SW thread's prime days!!
So right after the groupbuy, USPS shows up with:
2 Zavvi steelbooks, 2 Twilight Time releases and 3 ELITE 1:24 diecasts
THEN UPS just showed up with my StormShadow 6th Scale
AND I just preordered Jean Grey EX PF!
Oh yeah, then I have to call up the LionelRacing to TRY and order 5 more ELITE diecasts at 7pm, during their "Thursday Thunder"(3rd Thursday of every month).
I definitely have a problem!

This is me:
Holy crap dude! That sounds like a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Damn thats a lot of stuff in 1 day lol. Good job getting the steelbook, I've never heard of something selling that fast. I think the Jean Grey looks freaking sweet! Which of the other X-Men PF's do you have? Also are these Elite diecasts you are getting from Hotwheels? I'm not familiar with 1:24 scales. I just know that Hotwheels has an Elite series, not sure if its the same thing.

Also Sideshow just put up a countdown clock to May the 4th.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/ma...ign=041714news

I wonder if they are finally going to reveal some plans for new SW PFs.
Totally agree. I'm not a big X-Men fan and I think that looks awesome! They did a great job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
So, I take it she hasn't seen Battle L.A. . My wife are the same way when it comes to movie viewing. Usually because she is just too busy with her work she doesn't have alot of time for movies. When we do have time, alot of the time she will fall asleep during. It is actually nice when we can get through a whole movie together. Really liked Gravity, and I'm not a Bullock fan, but she's done some good movies.

I hate vaccuming too. I do it everyday, and when we have guests, twice a day. I like a clean carpet, just hate vaccuming it.
You know I don't know. I think she may have gone to the theater with us and she didn't watch most of it. At least that's what I recall. I didn't know it was going to be like that. She's never seen Clover. That's a barf bag waiting to happen. My wife does the same thing. Once the light goes down she falls asleep. She's gotten through a few of them lately without dosing off though. Hopefully she'll be good on Gravity I think she'll really like it.

Ya I need to vaccum more often. We're going to buy a carpet cleaner so we can give it a good wash. It's going to take me forever though. That's why we want hard wo
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15

Last edited by snsguy; 04-18-2014 at 03:19 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:40 AM   #1967
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Oh you're telling me! Every SS EX will go for big bucks, it seems.
I wish they would get back to doing more "Vs." diorama, like Wolverine/Sabertooth, Grievous/Shaak Ti etc etc. They were reasonably priced, and very well done. Plus they don't take up half a Besta to showcase!
Since I'm such a comicbook fan, at heart, I was thinking a pretty neat line for Sideshow would be Classic Comic Covers. A few that come to mind:
McFarlane's Wolverine/Hulk, McFarlane's Spiderman #1, Wolverine/Captain America. It could be the actual comic, but made of polystone and offer some depth. Hell you could hang it on the wall and save Besta space. The same format could be applied to the iconic Star Wars theatrical posters.
Yeah while waiting on the phone for over an hour to try and order my cars, my mind was all over the place. Bummer the cars were all sold out, so now I've got to hunt around, but only 36 of each it's going to be tough to land any of them.

There is no doubt I'll be posting some pics when I finally get everything set up. Actually I'll be taking pics as I set everything up, for insurance/cataloging purposes. Plus I owe Lou pics of my lighted Bestas!!!
I really like the vs. dioramas but I don't have any yet. From Star Wars I've always liked the Luke/Vader one from ESB and the Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan from TPM. And I love the X-Men Wolverine/Sabertooth dio too.

Some company made 3D Star Wars posters that popped out and they looked pretty sweet.
[Show spoiler]
But they weren't full size or anything. I think comic covers would look sweet too

I really can't wait to see pics of all of your stuff, and your lighted bestas

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post

Man! I hope so! I imagine we will get a glimpse of the McQ line. Not really interested, but will be interesting to see nonetheless.
I'm hoping whatever they reveal will be badass (and will be available for pre-order by 2020 )
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #1968
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I really like the vs. dioramas but I don't have any yet. From Star Wars I've always liked the Luke/Vader one from ESB and the Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan from TPM. And I love the X-Men Wolverine/Sabertooth dio too.

Some company made 3D Star Wars posters that popped out and they looked pretty sweet.
[Show spoiler]
But they weren't full size or anything. I think comic covers would look sweet too

I really can't wait to see pics of all of your stuff, and your lighted bestas



I'm hoping whatever they reveal will be badass (and will be available for pre-order by 2020 )
Oh, it will be available to preorder right away I'm sure. When it ships, however. LOL!

Saw on BBTS that there is a new Maquette up for preorder from the upcoming Rebels show. Looks like it's the character Ezra standing on top of the droid Chopper. Have both the Inquisitor and this new one on PO. Wonder if there are any others from this show that I missed. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...57&mode=retail
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #1969
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Oh, it will be available to preorder right away I'm sure. When it ships, however. LOL!

Saw on BBTS that there is a new Maquette up for preorder from the upcoming Rebels show. Looks like it's the character Ezra standing on top of the droid Chopper. Have both the Inquisitor and this new one on PO. Wonder if there are any others from this show that I missed. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...57&mode=retail
That maquette should look pretty cool. And again it isn't that expensive either, even a little cheaper than the Inquisitor. Good think gentle giant has some sense when it comes to pricing. I hope they take at least a little chunk out of Sideshow so they chill out with the $440 PF b.s.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #1970
snsguy snsguy is offline
Special Member
 
snsguy's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)
247
476
59
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Oh, it will be available to preorder right away I'm sure. When it ships, however. LOL!

Saw on BBTS that there is a new Maquette up for preorder from the upcoming Rebels show. Looks like it's the character Ezra standing on top of the droid Chopper. Have both the Inquisitor and this new one on PO. Wonder if there are any others from this show that I missed. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...57&mode=retail
That looks like a different style then TCW. So were they forced to end TCW because of Disney getting the rights? Now that I'm watching TCW I'm gonna want to watch Rebels.
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #1971
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
That maquette should look pretty cool. And again it isn't that expensive either, even a little cheaper than the Inquisitor. Good think gentle giant has some sense when it comes to pricing. I hope they take at least a little chunk out of Sideshow so they chill out with the $440 PF b.s.
Yeah, but the maquettes are 1/8 scale. Their preorder for Shanna the She Devil 1/4 statue is $404.99 at BBTS. I can only imagine what a 1/4 SW statue would cost considering how expensive the license is. Still, having that competition would be good. GG does some amazing work (SP Girls for instance) and would definitely give SS a run. The maquette price tag isn't bad for what you get. And, TBH, alot of the maquettes can be found cheaper in the aftermarket if it isn't a quick selling item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
That looks like a different style then TCW. So were they forced to end TCW because of Disney getting the rights? Now that I'm watching TCW I'm gonna want to watch Rebels.
Animation is different, but the heart and soul of TCW is there thanks to Filoni bringing those who worked on TCW with him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 AM   #1972
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Yeah, but the maquettes are 1/8 scale. Their preorder for Shanna the She Devil 1/4 statue is $404.99 at BBTS. I can only imagine what a 1/4 SW statue would cost considering how expensive the license is. Still, having that competition would be good. GG does some amazing work (SP Girls for instance) and would definitely give SS a run. The maquette price tag isn't bad for what you get. And, TBH, alot of the maquettes can be found cheaper in the aftermarket if it isn't a quick selling item.

Animation is different, but the heart and soul of TCW is there thanks to Filoni bringing those who worked on TCW with him.
I just saw that Shanna the she devil statue. I'm not familiar with the character but hot damn that is one hot statue

I wonder if we'll see any new SW stuff pop up at Wondercon this weekend. I know most of the high end collectible companies won't be there, but maybe there will be some other awesome stuff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #1973
snsguy snsguy is offline
Special Member
 
snsguy's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)
247
476
59
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Animation is different, but the heart and soul of TCW is there thanks to Filoni bringing those who worked on TCW with him.
Just watched a few of the character trailers for it. I'm actually really liking the idea. Chopper is awesome. If R2 is your Dog then Choppers your cat. I'm liking the animation for it to and seems to a little bit of a feel like TRON Uprising did.
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #1974
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I just saw that Shanna the she devil statue. I'm not familiar with the character but hot damn that is one hot statue

I wonder if we'll see any new SW stuff pop up at Wondercon this weekend. I know most of the high end collectible companies won't be there, but maybe there will be some other awesome stuff.
Even a tease or two. I know SS probably won't show anything until the 4th though. Yeah, the Shanna statue is very well done. Man I'd love to see what they could do with 1/4 SW females.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Just watched a few of the character trailers for it. I'm actually really liking the idea. Chopper is awesome. If R2 is your Dog then Choppers your cat. I'm liking the animation for it to and seems to a little bit of a feel like TRON Uprising did.
If Rebels follows the same formula from TCW, it will be a hit!

So, today is my cheat day. And, not just any cheat day where I get to have one little thing and that's it, it's a full day of whatever I want in celebration of reaching 180lbs @ 8% bodyfat. Today will be an epic cheat day. So far, had 6 10" pancakes, 11 strips of bacon, 8 eggs over easy, and a cup of oatmeal for breakfast with a cup of black coffee. Oh, and 12oz of OJ. Back training tomorrow and on my diet, so want to make this day count!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #1975
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Even a tease or two. I know SS probably won't show anything until the 4th though. Yeah, the Shanna statue is very well done. Man I'd love to see what they could do with 1/4 SW females.

If Rebels follows the same formula from TCW, it will be a hit!

So, today is my cheat day. And, not just any cheat day where I get to have one little thing and that's it, it's a full day of whatever I want in celebration of reaching 180lbs @ 8% bodyfat. Today will be an epic cheat day. So far, had 6 10" pancakes, 11 strips of bacon, 8 eggs over easy, and a cup of oatmeal for breakfast with a cup of black coffee. Oh, and 12oz of OJ. Back training tomorrow and on my diet, so want to make this day count!
Oh my God I just had a coronary reading that LMAO! What are you planning for dinner Lou?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #1976
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Oh my God I just had a coronary reading that LMAO! What are you planning for dinner Lou?
Steaks (2 8oz) and 2 large baked potatoes with everything on'em. Hoping to get some biscuits with that too. Just got back from seeing Winter Soldier, and having a large 5 meat stuffed pizza to myself along with half a dozen hot wings. Both were excellent!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #1977
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is online now
Expert Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
143
346
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Steaks (2 8oz) and 2 large baked potatoes with everything on'em. Hoping to get some biscuits with that too. Just got back from seeing Winter Soldier, and having a large 5 meat stuffed pizza to myself along with half a dozen hot wings. Both were excellent!
Oh that sounds so good. I hope you don't have a heart attack stuffing yourself lol. For Easter tomorrow I'm actually having a stuffed pizza all to myself too. I'm probably going to be doing lots of snacking all day tomorrow. I think my mom is making an apple pie and my brother is making a pineapple upside down cake.

How was Winter Soldier? I still haven't gotten out to see it yet, I'll probably just blind buy it on Blu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:53 AM   #1978
snobird snobird is offline
Expert Member
 
snobird's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Nashville
263
12
Default

rickah88 sounds like you had a awesome day with some awesome stuff.

The Ezra and Chopper looks pretty cool STARKILLER

STARKILLER sounds like an awesome meal, should take a picture and post it


Now guys here is my super exciting news:

I just booked my Star Wars Weekend At Hollywood Studios In June.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #1979
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Oh that sounds so good. I hope you don't have a heart attack stuffing yourself lol. For Easter tomorrow I'm actually having a stuffed pizza all to myself too. I'm probably going to be doing lots of snacking all day tomorrow. I think my mom is making an apple pie and my brother is making a pineapple upside down cake.

How was Winter Soldier? I still haven't gotten out to see it yet, I'll probably just blind buy it on Blu.
Winter Soldier was awesome! Definitely a blind buy worthy movie. I really liked the first one, and this one was even better.

No worries about eating for me. Had my dinner, and really enjoyed my big 3 meals today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobird View Post
rickah88 sounds like you had a awesome day with some awesome stuff.

The Ezra and Chopper looks pretty cool STARKILLER

STARKILLER sounds like an awesome meal, should take a picture and post it


Now guys here is my super exciting news:

I just booked my Star Wars Weekend At Hollywood Studios In June.

Nice! I've never been. IIRC, Mike has and it sounds like a blast!

Shoot man, all I got left is about a 1/4 of the chocolate mousse cheescake that I couldn't finish, LOL!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #1980
snobird snobird is offline
Expert Member
 
snobird's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Nashville
263
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Winter Soldier was awesome! Definitely a blind buy worthy movie. I really liked the first one, and this one was even better.

No worries about eating for me. Had my dinner, and really enjoyed my big 3 meals today.



Nice! I've never been. IIRC, Mike has and it sounds like a blast!

Shoot man, all I got left is about a 1/4 of the chocolate mousse cheescake that I couldn't finish, LOL!
Cheesecake and star wars sounds like a winning combo or any toy for that matter LOL.

When I get back in June I'll link you to my FB for all the pics, did you want a magnet, shot glass, etc. (whatever you collect) from there? I can ship direct when I get back just let me know and I'll try to remember.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:42 PM.