Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Pokémon: The Movies 1-3 Collection: Pokémon: The First Movie / Pokémon: The Movie 2000 / Pokémon 3: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Flash: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$37.99
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Suicide Squad (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: They Live Finally on Blu-Ray.
Finally. 656 94.12%
Who Cares. 41 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2015, 11:31 PM   #1241
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2014
RIP, Your Royal Badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike View Post
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=17620

Trailers for non Carpenter Halloween movies on a Carpenter movie makes me feel ill
Eh.

I could sort of understand feeling that way if they were trailers for any of the films after Season of the Witch, but Carpenter and his crew were still involved in both II and III. Just because he didn't direct them doesn't mean he didn't contribute to the making of them.
Thanks given by:
WaverBoy (08-19-2016)
Old 10-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #1242
Power Member

Apr 2015
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
Eh.

I could sort of understand feeling that way if they were trailers for any of the films after Season of the Witch, but Carpenter and his crew were still involved in both II and III. Just because he didn't direct them doesn't mean he didn't contribute to the making of them.
Indeed. He produced, (co-)wrote and scored H2 and H3.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:33 AM   #1243
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Okay, so I just saw this on the big screen at the Alamo Drafthouse and it was a freaking 4K print. It was so beautiful that it puts the BD to shame. When did they remaster this in 4K and why hasn't that version been released on BD yet?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:38 AM   #1244
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Okay, so I just saw this on the big screen at the Alamo Drafthouse and it was a freaking 4K print. It was so beautiful that it puts the BD to shame. When did they remaster this in 4K and why hasn't that version been released on BD yet?
There's lots of movies with 4K prints that haven't been released. They can't just dump them all at once. It's also probably not a high priority title.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:33 AM   #1245

Sep 2009

Quote:
What I,d give a get a Bluray of that 4K. Like Village of the Damned, I can't bear to watch the Scream release due to all the Dnr and EE, not to mention the slight zooming on the sides compared to the original Live Ent Dvd (which despite it's own flaws and the fact is only sd, is the one I fall back on when I want to watch the movie) and the Italian Bluray release is also a no no, which despite not having the Dnr and EE, is even more zoomed in ruining the Dp's vision and is a very dirty print.

Last edited by x5gb; 04-18-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:40 AM   #1246
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Love the SF bluray, but I would double dip for a new 4K remastered version.
LG OLED C6
Onkyo 757 Atmos
Philips UHD Bluray Player
Sony 5200 region free player
Old 04-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #1247
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with the Shout! disc, but if Universal releases the 4K print, it is an instant buy. Well okay, now that I have seen it in 4K I might have an issue with the Shout! disc...

Frankly Bates, I don't see why the companies should not release all of their 4K prints onto disc. I'm tired of them holding back on their superior masters. Hell, WB is doing the same with A Clockwork Orange, which after seeing in 4K on the big screen, makes it hard to watch the BD I own and it is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #1248
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5gb View Post
What I,d give a get a Bluray of that 4K. Like Village of the Damned, I can't bear to watch the Scream release due to all the Dnr and EE, not to mention the slight zooming on the sides compared to the original Live Ent Dvd (which despite it's own flaws and the fact is only sd, is the one I fall back on when I want to watch the movie) and the Italian Bluray release is also a no no, which despite not having the Dnr and EE, is even more zoomed in ruining the Dp's vision and is a very dirty print.
FWIW the Italian version corrects the aspect ratio to something nearer the proper 2.35 widescreen halfway through the Keith David/Rowdy Roddy streetfight. And yes, it is dirty and jittery and generally rather untidy, but I'll still take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays versus the incredibly over-processed Shout edition (though I don't blame Shout at all, it looks every bit like a Universal joint).

And at least the Italian version doesn't cheat the 2.35 aspect in the first few reels like StudioCanal's Euro Blu-ray edition (and also the JPN which uses the same SC master), where they just matted the already cropped master to make it look like 2.35, which then messes up the framing of the later scenes after it corrects itself (note that the UK version is now MORE zoomed in than the Italian!). It's such a shame that the only edition with anything like the proper AR is the damned Shout version.

This film has had some really bizarre treatment on home video.

Last edited by Geoff D; 04-18-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Thanks given by:
TheOneWithThePrize (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #1249
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with the Shout! disc, but if Universal releases the 4K print, it is an instant buy. Well okay, now that I have seen it in 4K I might have an issue with the Shout! disc...

Frankly Bates, I don't see why the companies should not release all of their 4K prints onto disc. I'm tired of them holding back on their superior masters. Hell, WB is doing the same with A Clockwork Orange, which after seeing in 4K on the big screen, makes it hard to watch the BD I own and it is one of my favorite movies of all time.
What? It has a fair amount of DNR. The IT release has no DNR, but the colors are extremely faded. It's a matter of pick your poison. I went with the Shout disc because the colors are much more accurate.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #1250
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I disagree. As relatively dull as the Italian version seems to look, the Shout version pushes it all the way to the other extreme with the heavily jacked up colour and contrast. It's so overblown I couldn't stand it but, as you say, it really is a case of picking yer poison with this flick on blu-ray.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #1251
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I disagree. As relatively dull as the Italian version seems to look, the Shout version pushes it all the way to the other extreme with the heavily jacked up colour and contrast. It's so overblown I couldn't stand it but, as you say, it really is a case of picking yer poison with this flick on blu-ray.
Yeah, I agree, but I think the over-saturated colors really suit the film.

Last edited by HD Goofnut; 04-18-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #1252
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Ah, fair enough.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:40 AM   #1253
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2012
Georgia

The Pokemon Go craze that is going on right now got me thinking about They Live. I like the idea that there are strange creatures out there that are invisible to our eyes, but we can see them with the right smartphones.
Thanks given by:
ajburke (07-12-2016), RiFiFi1955 (07-12-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #1254
Power Member

Apr 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
The Pokemon Go craze that is going on right now got me thinking about They Live. I like the idea that there are strange creatures out there that are invisible to our eyes, but we can see them with the right smartphones.
Eh, not quite. In this situation, Pokemon Go players were the zombies...slaves to the augmented reality.
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (08-18-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #1255
Special Member

May 2010
The Great Indoors

This BR is on sale at Amazon for $15.99 right now and I'm tempted to pick it up, but I have a few questions first:

Is it worth that price or should I wait for a price decrease?

How is the PQ? The BR.com review seems to be good, but posts in this thread indicate otherwise.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #1256
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
This BR is on sale at Amazon for $15.99 right now and I'm tempted to pick it up, but I have a few questions first:

How is the PQ? The BR.com review seems to be good, but posts in this thread indicate otherwise.
It's worth $15. It's certainly much better than the DVD. The IT disc does rival the PQ, but it has its cons as well.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #1257
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
It's worth $15. The IT disc does rival the PQ, but it has its cons as well.
It certainly does. Honestly I prefer the US Shout version.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #1258
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:

$15.99 is pretty low for a Scream Factory collectors edition. Go for it.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #1259
Special Member

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Thanks for all the feedback, folks...I really appreciate it! TL is one of my favorite cult movies from my childhood.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #1260
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback, folks...I really appreciate it! TL is one of my favorite cult movies from my childhood.
The sharpening is really obvious and annoying, but other than that I remember it looking pretty solid. Package is nice, the movie poster art on the reverse is perfect.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-29-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America