Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$54.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$18.00
Dumb and Dumber To (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (Blu-ray)
$18.00
Austin Powers Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$50.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$15.00
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$13.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 PM   #381
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS_Blu View Post
Cineteca di Bologna announces a multi-year project to restore Buster Keaton works

It'll be interesting to see if Cohen releases these in HD for home entertainment.
Well, getting the Kino set of Keaton films has just dropped down on my priority list.

Quote:
The first restorations of the Keaton Project, launched and promoted by Cineteca di Bologna and Cohen Film Collection, will be presented during next edition of Il Cinema Ritrovato festival (June 27th through July 4th): the 1920 short comedy One Week, which encapsulates perfectly the American collective imagination of prefabricated housing and Sherlock Jr. made in 1924 and listed in by the "Time" as one of the best 100 films ever.
It must be just me, but I really didn't think much of Sherlock Jr..
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old 02-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #382
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Jamaica Inn Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

Pro-B
Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #383
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

That Man from Rio / Up to His Ears Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

Pro-B
Old 02-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #384

Jan 2015

Really excited for that, but ugh, their covers remind me of the Sega Master System.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #385
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Yet another lovely release from Cohen Media

About the Director/TCM:
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/person/31084|0/Liliana-Cavani/

Quote:
Best known for "The Night Porter" (1974) which, like many of her films, boldly and effectively deals with socio-political and sexual themes, Liliana Cavani has been a director and frequent writer of features, TV programs, documentaries and operas. She made her first films as part of her graduation requirements from films school. "In Contro Notturno" (1961) depicted the friendship between an Italian and a man from Senegal while "L'Evento" (1962) focused on a joy killing by tourists in Southern Italy. Soon thereafter, Cavani was hired to work at RAI, the Italian TV network, as a director for a newly-formed second Italian channel in 1961 and for several years thereafter made programs that were ground-breaking for their time. "Storia del III Reich" (1962) was a four-hour analysis of Nazism while "La Donna della Resistenza" (1963) revealed little-known information about Italian women who had worked in the Resistance movement during World War II. In 1965, Cavani traveled to France to do a documentary on the burning issue of whether or not Marshal Petain should be rehabilitated. (He had been the collaborating head of the Vichy government during World War II). Interviewing resistance members as well as right wingers, the director came away with the controversial point-of-view that to parole Petain was to reopen the doors to fascism.

In 1966, Cavani made her first dramatic work, a film for RAI on the life of "Francesco D'Assisi" (St. Francis of Assisi). The result played at the Venice Film Festival and won an award at the Valladolid Film Festival. Having achieved a degree of success, she moved into feature filmmaking, co-writing and directing "Galileo" (1968). The film garnered controversy for its extreme anti-Church establishment viewpoint which led to the Vatican's attempt to suppress the film. Nevertheless, Cavani proved her mettle and received the lion's share of acclaim for a balanced depiction of ideas and the persecution of scientists and thinkers by the Inquisition. Her next efforts, "I Cannibali" (1969), starring Britt Ekland, and "L'Ospite/The Guest" (1971) both conveyed her interests in repressive social mechanics and challenges to traditional authority. "Milarepa" (1973) was a richly complex work which raised questions about violence in society while following the dual stories of an 11th Century youth on a spiritual journey in Tibet juxtaposed with a contemporary story of the aftermath of an automobile accident.

Cavani's best known work remains "The Night Porter", in which a former Nazi commandant and the woman he raped in a concentration camp meet again. A box-office success, the film melded the director's themes with graphic sexuality and raised issues about contemporary political views. She further explored these issues in two other films that drew parallels between sado-masochism and the rise of Nazism: "Beyond Good and Evil" (1977) and "Berlin Interior" (1978). As Cavani turned more toward staging operas, her film output dwindled. In 1989, she revisited the life of Francis of Assisi in the feature "Francesco", starring Mickey Rourke. Her last film to date, the 1993 Italian TV-movie "Dove siente? Io sono qui/Where Are You? I'm Here" was about a deaf mute who finds love.
Also available on Blu-ray from Criterion:

The Night Porter Blu-ray

And from Raro Video:

The Year of the Cannibals Blu-ray

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 02-28-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #386
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Pre-ordered my copy of Jamaica Inn (don't expect to see it cheaper than $22.99).

I also found a used copy of Nightcap at a local shop for $5.
SteelBooks™: 147
Old 03-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #387

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
Pre-ordered my copy of Jamaica Inn (don't expect to see it cheaper than $22.99).
Importcds offers it for $19.94, btw. It's not as good as importcds was back in the day, but still $3 less
Thanks given by:
jetthead (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #388
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
Importcds offers it for $19.94, btw.
Ditto blowitoutahere. I'm still hoping they start their sales up again.
Thanks given by:
jetthead (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #389
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
Importcds offers it for $19.94, btw. It's not as good as importcds was back in the day, but still $3 less
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Ditto blowitoutahere. I'm still hoping they start their sales up again.
Once shipping (& handling for ImportCDs) is factored in, the prices are pretty close. I'll stick with Amazon but thanks for the info.
SteelBooks™: 147
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors