Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$77.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Essential Holiday Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Florence Foster Jenkins (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Before Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$65.59
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What you loved about the TDK Blu-ray
Shifting Picture 340 27.85%
PQ/AQ 747 61.18%
Extras/BD Live 31 2.54%
Other 103 8.44%
Voters: 1221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2016, 01:03 AM   #8001
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
Anyone's guess - the existing transfer was purportedly done at 4K, though not from camera negative.
And with Nolan overseeing things, they won't be. The timed IP is his prime source for all his digital deliverables (with some colour correction to match the celluloid record as closely as possible, natch).
Old 05-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #8002
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

The Dark Knight Trilogy UCE is getting shrunk down into a standard size packaging. Same discs with the bonus IMAX scenes and exclusive extras, Nolan letter, and the postcards. It drops the book-style packaging, and the toys. Release date is July 5th, and MSRP is $29.98. I believe there will be also be a release with Suicide Squad movie cash releasing on July 19th as well.

Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #8003
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
US of A

Pretty cheap, I'd buy it just for the bonus discs. No toys though haha
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 05-18-2016, 04:56 AM   #8004

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
So will the 4K editions receive new transfers? TDK BD is absolutely trash. Also, do you think they can do anything about the stair-stepping effect in the last scene where the camera pans past the cargo containers?
I just came here to post the same thing (though much more mildly).

I'm watching the film right now and I'm having a hard time understanding why the BD reviewer gave the film 5/5 in the PQ department. It's rather poor, in my opinion. The AQ, on the other hand, is quite good so at least this release has that going for it.
We can be us, just for one day.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 05-18-2016, 05:38 AM   #8005
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
I'm watching the film right now and I'm having a hard time understanding why the BD reviewer gave the film 5/5 in the PQ department. It's rather poor, in my opinion.
I think we have to keep in mind when it was written in the relative history of BD technology. The quality of encodes -- and along with it, our awareness of what's possible, of what's to be expected, and even probably reviewers' discernment -- has ramped up so quickly and so far in just a few years, it makes old encodes and old reviews obsolete pretty quickly. (And then of course, there's fads and fashions, like the dreaded Creeping Teal ...)

Quote:
The AQ, on the other hand, is quite good so at least this release has that going for it.
I don't much like the audio mix on this film. Subjective, of course, but for me the balance between the overloud music/foley effects and the often-whisper-level dialogue is all out of wack. If I up the volume to get the dialogue more accessible, I find the rest of the audio track a bit oppressive.

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 05-18-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:08 AM   #8006
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
I just came here to post the same thing (though much more mildly).

I'm watching the film right now and I'm having a hard time understanding why the BD reviewer gave the film 5/5 in the PQ department. It's rather poor, in my opinion. The AQ, on the other hand, is quite good so at least this release has that going for it.
It wasn't just the reviewer - TDK caused weeks of forum flame wars. People thought it was either the best blu-ray they've ever seen or garbage.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America