Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Little House on the Prairie: S… $12.94 (25% claimed)
Soon: Jack Reacher ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$77.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Florence Foster Jenkins (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Before Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$65.59
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Turn A Gundam: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Essential Holiday Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #1221

Oct 2008

70's or 80's Italian (or Spanish?) horror film where a zombie gets caught in a trap, gets tied up and ripped in half, from groin to head. I thought it was 'Burial Ground', but nope.

Any ideas?
Old 06-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #1222

Feb 2010

A movie/possibly tv movie/possibly a European movie I saw on british TV in the 80's involving a killer who uses a metal neckbrace to crush someones neck.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:03 AM   #1223
Special Member

May 2013
VA

I can remember watching a trailer for this a while back but can't remember the name. It's about a group of kids who start seeing other versions of themselves at a party.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:01 AM   #1224

Nov 2009

Plus One
Thanks given by:
nashcameronn (06-21-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #1225

Mar 2015

I've had this memory in my head for years now, I think from a clip I saw on Youtube...

Let me set the scene:

It's the climax/end of the movie, and a man driving a taxi has pulled into a fancy hotel's driveway with a woman in the back. It's night and he's been driving this woman for ages/a long distance. He wants to stop or possibly make her get out but this isn't what she wants and pulls a gun on him. She then may or may not blow him away...

Now any number of those details could be wrong but that's what I remember! Taxi Driver springs to mind but I haven't seen it yet. Does anyone know what movie this is from?
Old 07-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #1226

Jun 2014

When I was a kid, I remember watching with my brother a movie about some guy who was so obsessed with birds or doves that he ended up wearing feather wings. At the end of the movie he tried to fly and fell to his death. I kmow that this movie is either from the 80s or early 90s. Ive tried to find the title of this movie for mpre than 10 years but never did. If anyone knows what movie this is, Id like to know.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #1227
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJW View Post
The film is probably from the 80s or very early 90s and features a group of teenagers dying in a violent car crash (the car was red) and then coming back as zombies. He specifically remembers one of the female crash victims wearing a "skin tight" sweater-type dress and coming after a male character, (possibly her boyfriend) who wasn't in the crash or was and survived, and attacking him in a garage-like setting by grabbing his face.
Night Life (1989)
Thanks given by:
MJW (08-08-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #1228

Oct 2012
san antonio texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Younger_Gang View Post
When I was a kid, I remember watching with my brother a movie about some guy who was so obsessed with birds or doves that he ended up wearing feather wings. At the end of the movie he tried to fly and fell to his death. I kmow that this movie is either from the 80s or early 90s. Ive tried to find the title of this movie for mpre than 10 years but never did. If anyone knows what movie this is, Id like to know.
Is this the movie Birdy it is from 1984

Last edited by jon angell; 07-17-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #1229
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon angell View Post
Yep, either Birdy or Brewster McCloud but that's from the 1970s
Old 07-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #1230

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon angell View Post
I get the feeling it's this one. Does the protagonist try to fly and gets killed at the end?
Old 07-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #1231

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
Yep, either Birdy or Brewster McCloud but that's from the 1970s
After seeing the trailers again. I don't think it's either of those. I remember the character wearing the feathers to jump and when he falls his friend comes to his aid. The guy is bleeding from his mouth and dying after the fall.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #1232

Jun 2014

I remember watching a movie when I was younger, bit I don't know the title. It's about a young man who is so obsessed with movies that he dresses up as movie characters to kill people. I remember him dressing up as a mummy. In one scene he dresses up as a gangster with a tommy gun to kill a movie director or producer who had promised him a movie deal and ignored him. He shoots him at a barbershop. There's also a scene where he imitates the shower scene from psycho. I also remmeber a scene of hin watching halloween on tv. Does anyome have any idea of what movie this is? I believe that at the end he jumps from a building or something.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #1233

Dec 2015
Pittsburgh PA

I think the film you are describing is Fade to Black starring Dennis Christopher.

Last edited by BluBlazes; 07-23-2016 at 04:51 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 07-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #1234
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
MN

This is an insanely obscure thing, but it's been bothering me for a while. Not sure if it's movie or TV. There's a joke where someone is going to offer some wisdom by saying "if you can't bring Muhammad to the mountain, you have to bring the mountain to him."

The joke is that s/he can't figure out how to phrase the saying and it awkwardly trails off into silence. What is this???
Old 07-23-2016, 04:56 PM   #1235

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBlazes View Post
I think the film you are describing is Fade to Black starring Dennis Christopher.
Bingo! Thank you so much! I wonder why this movie is not more popular.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #1236
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Early 80's late night HBO.......prostitute would have guys in her van and play a cassette w/ someone else moaning when she serviced them. It was a comedy if im not mistaken.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:45 AM   #1237
Expert Member

Dec 2015

I'm looking for an American movie... early to mid 90s. Possibly a post-apocalyptic and/or sci-fi film. Possibly a PG or PG-13 movie, don't remember. At first I thought maybe it was Super Mario Bros. but I watched that last year and it wasn't the one.

I don't remember much and these details are pretty fuzzy. There was a chase with dune buggies (or other vehicles with 4 wheels...) through a junkyard or streets filled with junk. I believe one tipped over and someone (a main character) was trapped inside? I believe a good looking woman or girl with ripped white nylons on was being chased. Possibly also wearing a pink and blue spandex skirt or shirt...or something (maybe a pink spandex skirt with a blue spandex shirt hanging around her waist? I could be mixing up two characters from two different movies here) and possibly had short bleach blonde hair. I believe she was a co-main character.

I'm mostly certain of the landscape and the white nylons.

Was Van Damme in it? Were there mutants? Were there cyborgs? Maybe... If I think about it too much it becomes less clear. Though there's a chance it was based on a video game or cartoon...

If you help me you're helping America.
“They knead their own flesh into daily bread, and transmute their contrite hearts into basins of gruel."
Old 08-08-2016, 02:50 AM   #1238
Expert Member

Dec 2015

Wait... it's Double Dragon.

[Show spoiler]And that girl was Alyssa Milano

“They knead their own flesh into daily bread, and transmute their contrite hearts into basins of gruel."
Old 08-08-2016, 03:24 AM   #1239
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Night Life (1989)
A little late, but I didn't see your post in response to my request until tonight and after checking with my friend, you were right! I found the trailer on YouTube and sent it to him and it's exactly the film he'd remembered. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #1240

Oct 2008
West New York, NJ
Send a message via Skype™ to vilypetkov

A lot of you have seen hundreds of thousands of movies. So I'm hoping that someone could help me... I saw this movie as a young kid (in the 90's) and all I remember are bits and pieces of the plot. I've been trying to find its title or any other related info for years.

There were a young girl (possibly a princess) and a boy (who belonged to a travelling circus.) They meet and fall in love, but for some reason they were going to be split up. They both drink water from an enchanted well - out of each other's hands, hoping that they never part. Legend have it that if 2 people who are truly in love drink water from the well out of each other's hands, they will never split.

The girl is then taken away by an old wizard. And the boy I believe was taken/went back to the circus. For a while, they both doubt that the other one truly loved them. Then the two of them start to "meet" in their dreams, when they both sleep.

I think that at one point the wizard figured that out and gave the girl some potion, so that she never had to sleep or something. In the end, I'm pretty sure that she was trying to poison him to run away and reunite with her love.

I will greatly appreciate any help you could offer with this. I've been trying to find it for years.
The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies