Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. - Made in America (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$49.24
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
The Shallows 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.58
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.61
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #641
Special Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Question Expiration date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob View Post
Hi. Got an email a couple of days ago. Register the blu-ray or DVD from one of the 17 movies below, and get 500 bonus points. Unfortunately only works once...
Did the email have an expiration date on this promotion? I unfortunately didn't notice this post 'til just now. Hopefully it still works...
Collector of stuff...
Old 04-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #642
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
Did the email have an expiration date on this promotion? I unfortunately didn't notice this post 'til just now. Hopefully it still works...
Register the UltraViolet code (found inside the movie's packaging) with Sony Rewards by 4/29/16.
Looking for vudu credits and the following UV: The Expanse S1, Helix S2, Person of Interest S5, The Magicians S1, Defiance S3, Veep S4 (UV or GP)

Also looking for missing Disney slips: Atlantis, The Cat Returns, Tales from Earthsea, Porco Rosso
Thanks given by:
Matt C. (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #643

Jul 2015
St. Louis, MO

Just stumbled on this thread. I have had a Sony Card for years and register any Sony Blu-rays and DVDs. In September 2015 I registered Looper and received only 1 point. I emailed and Sony credited me 45 point without question. I realize this isn't an earth-shattering revelation, but I thought it was worthy to pass on.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #644
Blu-ray Count

May 2010
NYC

codes from movies late 2014 and onwards give full points

There should be a list on the website when u try to ender codes
Old 04-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #645
Special Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by applanche View Post
Register the UltraViolet code (found inside the movie's packaging) with Sony Rewards by 4/29/16.
Thanks, will do.

As dead as this rewards club has become the past year and a half, I'm pleasantly surprised and relieved to see that Sony hasn't actually followed through on it's threat/warning to delete my paltry 400 points in my account on March 31st for two years in a row now. That little blurb on the points earned/transaction page always makes me a little nervous, especially since my last point entry was back in October 2014. Not that I much care any more, as I'd thrown in the towel on this program long ago. But maybe I'll still sneak one more Blu-ray reward in after all, before my official Sony club retirement...
Collector of stuff...
Old 07-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #646

May 2014
Boston, MA

New Sony Offer. Register 5 discs from the below list within a year and you get to select a free Blu-ray, DVD or Digital title from a specific (unknown) list. Just my luck I finally got around to entering the rest of mine earlier this month. Could have snagged myself a free blu.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/list

More info about the new rewards pass program

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/pass

If someone does complete this, could they give a heads up on what titles are on offer. Would be interested to know.
Thanks given by:
ddufremle (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #647

Apr 2012

Thanks arob, I haven't been on their website since they got rid of the wheel of fortune points.
I put in 5 codes, and received an email with a link and code for a free movie, once you click on the movie it asks if you want dvd, bluray or hd. free shipping too
There were a ton of movie's to choose from I can't remember them all. I know the 22 jump street,moneyball,angels and demons,girl with dragon tatoo, spiderman movies were on it, the only recent one I saw was Risen.
I was going to type them all when I did a second round but it hasn't sent me another code. I'm hoping your able to do it twice.

Last edited by Mickiala; 07-16-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #648

May 2014
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiala View Post
Thanks arob, I haven't been on their website since they got rid of the wheel of fortune points.
I put in 5 codes, and received an email with a link and code for a free movie, once you click on the movie it asks if you want dvd, bluray or hd. free shipping too
There were a ton of movie's to choose from I can't remember them all. I know the 22 jump street,moneyball,angels and demons, spiderman movies were on it, the only recent one I saw was Risen.
I was going to type them all when I did a second round but it hasn't sent me another code. I'm hoping your able to do it twice.
Nice. I just read the small print on the email I got. Single use per member I'm afraid.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #649

May 2014
Boston, MA

List of available free movies (compliments of DB5)

22 Jump Street
American Hustle
Angels & Demons
Arthur Christmas
Bad Boys
Bad Teacher
Battle: Los Angeles
Beastly
Black Hawk Down
Blue Jasmine
Boyz n' The Hood
Burlesque
Captain Phillips
Chappie
Click
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Concussion
Courageous
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Dear John
Deliver Us From Evil
District 9
Drive
Easy A
Elysium
Faster
Foxcatcher
Friends With Benefits
Fury
Ghostbusters
Goosebumps
Grown Ups
Grown Ups 2
Heaven is for Real
Hotel Transylvania
Hotel Transylvania 2
Insidious
Insidious: Chapter 2
Insidious: Chapter 3
Joe Dirt
Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser
Jumanji
Last Vegas
Looper
Matilda
Men In Black
Men In Black 2
Men In Black 3
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
No Good Deed
Only Lovers Left Alive
Open Season
Open Season 2
Open Season 3
Open Season: Scared Silly
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Pineapple Express
Pompeii
Rent
Resident Evil
Risen
Snatch
Soul Surfer
Spider-Man
Step Brothers
Still Alice
Stuart Little
Superbad (Unrated)
Surf's Up
Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby
The 5th Wave
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The Company You Keep
The Da Vinci Code
The Equalizer
The Fifth Element
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Ides Of March
The Karate Kid
The Night Before
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Other Guys
The Perfect Guy
The Raid 2
The Smurfs
The Smurfs 2
The Social Network
The Ugly Truth
The Walk
Think Like a Man
This is the End
Underworld Awakening
War Room
When The Game Stands Tall
Whiplash
Zombieland

*Movie Buff Pass Code (the "Code") valid for single-time use only on this site and entitles the recipient to select one (1) free movie from the movies on this page (each, an "Eligible Title"). Choose your Eligible Title, select desired format (Blu-ray™ Disc, Digital HD UltraViolet or DVD) and add it to your cart. To complete your transaction, you must either log into or create your Sony Pictures Store ("SPS") and UltraViolet accounts or use the guest check out option. Guest check out not available for Digital HD UltraViolet. Must be 18+ to open SPS and UltraViolet accounts. Code is valid for one (1) Eligible Title only. Code expires within ninety (90) days of receipt of email containing Code from Sony Rewards. This is a limited one-time offer that cannot be combined with any other offers and is not redeemable for cash or credit. Offer valid in U.S. only. Void where prohibited or restricted. Code will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or stolen.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #650
Expert Member

Nov 2008

Will it still work if I've registered some of those already and just add a couple more to equal the 5 total?
Old 07-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #651
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter155523 View Post
Will it still work if I've registered some of those already and just add a couple more to equal the 5 total?
No, I believe you have to enter 5 new codes now since the promotion started. I had never joined/registered any of my Sony films ever, but got the promotional e-mail for some reason this week as well. I had like 8 movies I registered and then randomly received a shipping notice that my code was being sent. The process has been anything but clear however. I received a completely blank e-mail from the Sony Rewards Administrator which I assume was supposed to be my code, however as I mentioned it's completely blank... not subject line or anything.

Checking the website shows an order number but when I click it it doesn't say anything. I have no idea if my code is being physically mailed to me or what's going on at this point.

Anyone that completed this, care to comment about how the process works? I've registered the discs and received an order number, but that's all I've gotten thus far.
Wanted To Buy:
-Blood on Satan's Claw (UK) Blu Ray - $17 Shipped

Recommend a Modern, Independent Horror Film Thread
My 2016 Watched Movies Thread
My 2016 Purchases Thread
Old 07-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #652
Special Member

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
No, I believe you have to enter 5 new codes now since the promotion started. I had never joined/registered any of my Sony films ever, but got the promotional e-mail for some reason this week as well. I had like 8 movies I registered and then randomly received a shipping notice that my code was being sent. The process has been anything but clear however. I received a completely blank e-mail from the Sony Rewards Administrator which I assume was supposed to be my code, however as I mentioned it's completely blank... not subject line or anything.

Checking the website shows an order number but when I click it it doesn't say anything. I have no idea if my code is being physically mailed to me or what's going on at this point.

Anyone that completed this, care to comment about how the process works? I've registered the discs and received an order number, but that's all I've gotten thus far.
After entering in 5 new codes, I got an email saying with the header "Sony Order Rewards Confirmation" in my inbox. It was basically saying that the code would be sent shortly, blah blah blah. Pretty vague, I thought it was going to be mailed or something from the sounds of it.

I then checked my promotions folder (I use gmail), another email from Sony was in that with the header "Congrats, you've earned a FREE movie!". It provided a link to sonypicturesstore.com/moviebuff and right under it in the email was a unique code to enter at that site.

I did that and it moved onto a page with a list of movies (the ones listed above), when you click on one an option is presented to either go Blu, DVD or digital. I did blu, entered my info and I've gotten another confirmation email regarding my order. I went with The Equalizer, says it should ship within a couple days.
Home Theater Setup
Projector: BenQ HT1085ST 1080P 3D DLP
Screen: Elite Screens M100XWH-E24 Manual 100" 16:9 w/ 24" Drop
Receiver: Yamaha RX-v379 5.1 Channel
Sound: Yamaha NS-PZ40BL Speakers & NS-SW40BL Subwoofer
Player: Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free Modded
Accessories: Nexera 101915 Pinnacle Cabinet, Sewell BlastIR SW-29311 IR Extender, SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 3D Glasses
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #653
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatauhobbit View Post
After entering in 5 new codes, I got an email saying with the header "Sony Order Rewards Confirmation" in my inbox. It was basically saying that the code would be sent shortly, blah blah blah. Pretty vague, I thought it was going to be mailed or something from the sounds of it.

I then checked my promotions folder (I use gmail), another email from Sony was in that with the header "Congrats, you've earned a FREE movie!". It provided a link to sonypicturesstore.com/moviebuff and right under it in the email was a unique code to enter at that site.

I did that and it moved onto a page with a list of movies (the ones listed above), when you click on one an option is presented to either go Blu, DVD or digital. I did blu, entered my info and I've gotten another confirmation email regarding my order. I went with The Equalizer, says it should ship within a couple days.
So you received your Code immediately? If so, was it sent from a Sony rewards Administrator? That could be what I was supposed to have received in the other e-mail but instead received a blank e-mail.

Edit: And to add to the fun, their "contact us" page doesn't work either as I am unable to submit my question regarding my account.
Wanted To Buy:

My 2016 Purchases Thread

Last edited by TripleHBK; 07-16-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #654
Special Member

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
So you received your Code immediately? If so, was it sent from a Sony rewards Administrator? That could be what I was supposed to have received in the other e-mail but instead received a blank e-mail.

Edit: And to add to the fun, their "contact us" page doesn't work either as I am unable to submit my question regarding my account.
I checked the time stamp on the emails, they literally came at the same time.

Their "contact us" page loads for me, did you try this one? http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/contact
I haven't submitted anything so I don't know if it works beyond that. There are some phone numbers that you can use instead of their email form.

Want to phone instead? Call us at 1-888-715-7669, from 10:00 am to 10:00pm ET Monday to Friday and 10:00am to 8:00pm ET Saturday.

Looks like you have some time left today if you wanted to reach them.
Home Theater Setup
Projector: BenQ HT1085ST 1080P 3D DLP
Screen: Elite Screens M100XWH-E24 Manual 100" 16:9 w/ 24" Drop
Receiver: Yamaha RX-v379 5.1 Channel
Sound: Yamaha NS-PZ40BL Speakers & NS-SW40BL Subwoofer
Player: Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free Modded
Accessories: Nexera 101915 Pinnacle Cabinet, Sewell BlastIR SW-29311 IR Extender, SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 3D Glasses
Old 07-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #655
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatauhobbit View Post
I checked the time stamp on the emails, they literally came at the same time.

Their "contact us" page loads for me, did you try this one? http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/contact
I haven't submitted anything so I don't know if it works beyond that. There are some phone numbers that you can use instead of their email form.

Want to phone instead? Call us at 1-888-715-7669, from 10:00 am to 10:00pm ET Monday to Friday and 10:00am to 8:00pm ET Saturday.

Looks like you have some time left today if you wanted to reach them.
Yeah that's the page I've been trying to use. The Submit button doesn't do anything when clicked. I tried in both internet explorer and Chrome. I've reached out to them on their facebook page to notify them of the issue. If I don't get a response in the next few days I'll have to go the phone number route. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I decided "the hell with it" and called them. I hate calling help numbers as the equipment used always causes distortion and that mixed with accents (slight or heavy) result in it being difficult for me to clearly understand what is being said. I spoke with a tech who said that they were aware of the issues with the code generation and that I wasn't alone. He gave me a case number and told me that he was forwarding my case on to a management rep and that I'd get a new code/response this next week.

I also informed him of the issues with the Contact us page as well, so hopefully they can get that squared away.
Wanted To Buy:

My 2016 Purchases Thread

Last edited by TripleHBK; 07-16-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America