Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.27
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Girlfriend Experience: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #1621
Christian Muth Christian Muth is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
David M always uses x264 and he did both apparently which is why it's a little strange.
David Mackenzie did not encode either of the Arrow Blu-rays of TENEBRAE.

Chris
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
2-perf (07-23-2016), AlexIlDottore (07-24-2016), nitin (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 01:12 AM   #1622
nitin nitin is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2010
8
Default

Thanks for that, I thought it was a little strange if he had and there were differences.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 AM   #1623
2-perf 2-perf is online now
Active Member
 
2-perf's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Montreal
161
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
Thanks for that, I thought it was a little strange if he had and there were differences.
I can't speak for David Mackenzie but I'll encode something more efficiently in 6 months than I encoded it today, literally. You know about encoding?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 AM   #1624
nitin nitin is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2010
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-perf View Post
I can't speak for David Mackenzie but I'll encode something more efficiently in 6 months than I encoded it today, literally. You know about encoding?
No I don't but people were saying the opposite of that, ie that the Arrow re-release was better encoded than the more recent Syanpse one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #1625
2-perf 2-perf is online now
Active Member
 
2-perf's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Montreal
161
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
No I don't but people were saying the opposite of that, ie that the Arrow re-release was better encoded than the more recent Syanpse one.
This is totally possible. I don't own the Arrow release so I can't tell and judging still frames regarding encoding on caps-a-holic doesn't help. One thing for sure, there's more detail on the Arrow release and I really don't think Arrow used any sharpening at all. The softness in the Synapse Films release might be due to poor encoding. Have a look outside the house, right next to the disco ball, on the right.

caps-a-holic image comparison.

Last edited by 2-perf; 07-27-2016 at 11:10 AM. Reason: ytpos
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #1626
callahan09 callahan09 is online now
Senior Member
 
callahan09's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
RVA
1287
2
2
Default

Is the Synapse release worth a double dip? I've got the Arrow and I'm happy with the quality, although if Synapse is better I'd be happy to have it in better shape. It doesn't appear to have much overlap in extras. The Arrow commentaries are not on the Synapse disc, and vice versa. Right? I'm interested in the feature length gialli documentary on the Synapse release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #1627
Nailwraps Nailwraps is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jun 2012
USA
338
1040
Default

Synapse fixed most of the (DNR) errors the Wild East/Remastered Arrow release had.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #1628
cakefactory cakefactory is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
1370
739
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
Is the Synapse release worth a double dip? I've got the Arrow and I'm happy with the quality, although if Synapse is better I'd be happy to have it in better shape. It doesn't appear to have much overlap in extras. The Arrow commentaries are not on the Synapse disc, and vice versa. Right? I'm interested in the feature length gialli documentary on the Synapse release.
It's worth it when the cheap one comes out IMO. I bought the steelbook and don't regret my purchase, but the picture quality is definitely not different enough to be worth 40ish bucks, even when you take that other extra into account, unless you're a real die-hard or really like the steelbook packaging.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
callahan09 (08-05-2016)
Old 08-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #1629
Rockercub Rockercub is offline
Special Member
 
Rockercub's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
San Fernando Valley, CA
644
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
It's worth it when the cheap one comes out IMO. I bought the steelbook and don't regret my purchase, but the picture quality is definitely not different enough to be worth 40ish bucks, even when you take that other extra into account, unless you're a real die-hard or really like the steelbook packaging.
I pretty much agree with everything here. The Arrow looks great, but ever since it was pointed out to me, that envelope error bugged me, so as a die hard fan, I had to get the Synapse release. Oh, and the steelbook also comes with the soundtrack CD, which is a nice little extra.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.