Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
20 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
20 hrs ago
Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #261
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

If anyone was curious, the extras on Arrow's just-announced edition are identical to the Scream ones.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #262
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
If anyone was curious, the extras on Arrow's just-announced edition are identical to the Scream ones.

As is the cover artwork. I was going to double dip for this since I like the movie so much but everything is identical so I'll pass
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #263
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
As is the cover artwork.
The reverse is the same theatrical poster, but the front will have new art.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #264
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
I would have gotten the arrow release if I had known they would be releasing it, it will likely have better picture quality. I think I will settle with the Scream Factory release for now.
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 05-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #265
Special Member

Sep 2012
Manchester, Uk

Think i will just stick with the scream release. can't double dip just for artwork.
" Steve Gerrard Gerrard, he slipped on his ******* arse, he gave it to Demba Ba, Steve Gerrard Gerrard"

Manchester City -2014 Premier League Champions.
2014 League Cup Winners.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #266
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Is it all the same? Same audio options, extras and PQ?
"I have to return some videotapes"
Old 05-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #267
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargus View Post
How is the ROTLD blu ray anyway? I have the dvd (really wish I could get the import with the kickass cover and documentary on it in America) but I was holding off on the blu ray, I wasn't sure if it was improved or if they just slapped the dvd version on a blu ray disc.
I have the US and UK BD's and both are huge steps up from dvd. I recommend the UK steelbook as it has the original audio option and I hate the new zombie voices and song changes. Plus the "More Brains" doc is also HD and playable anywhere. The other features do require PAL conversion, so you need a region free player for those, but the HD content is region free with a simple menu trick (hit top menu when the wrong region message appears). The US disc has the same extras the US dvd (second release) does, which are different than the UK stuff. Both film transfers are nearly identical, some say they are the same. I thought UK looked a tick better, but think I was just grooving on the sound being right again after so many years of watching the dvd remix.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #268
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMoreParamedics View Post
I always have an open mind before I watch a film, but it was just bland. Plus didn't they use a cover version of a Cyndi Lauper song? Cheap. I don't think it was Rated-R...maybe if they went all out with an R-Rating, it could've been cool. The basic plot is good, it was the execution that was severely lacking. Atomic bombs...mutants...'80s soundtrack...it had a lot of possibilities.
Just watched this and it started out OK but my God was this a boring, flat, aimless, and uninteresting movie. There was only a few times where the movie had a pulse, including the very brief moments when a zombie would show up. I liked the look of the city, with the sky bathed in a stylish red glow. In that respect, it looked like the post-apocalypse and it was totally 80s and I dug it. But that's really it. This was a chore to get through after a certain point and I feel like I wasted my time. There are much better movies from this genre and time period IMO. Why do people like this? I didn't find it fun at all.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #269
Special Member

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

Well many people do. Which would suggest... that's your problem.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #270
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Well many people do. Which would suggest... that's your problem.
That doesn't answer my question.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #271
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Florida

I love this movie. That is all.
"Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho."

20 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Pulp Fiction 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Shaun of the Dead 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) The Matrix 15) Taxi Driver 16) Psycho 17) The Departed 18) Groundhog Day 19) Roman Holiday 20) The Thing
Old 05-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #272

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk5844 View Post
Why do people like this?
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=220

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=110

No one's calling it Citizen Kane, but shockingly, people with different opinions than you are able to enjoy it.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #273
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnaloner View Post
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=220

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=110

No one's calling it Citizen Kane, but shockingly, people with different opinions than you are able to enjoy it.
Haven't heard that one before.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #274

Nov 2009
No.

I've heard about the movie throughout the years, but I've never actually sat down and watched it.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #275

Aug 2009

Quote:
Haven't heard that one before.
No? Then keep on trolling by crapping in various movie threads, demanding to know why people have different opinions than you, and you will hear it a lot more. Or, you could always offer some actual discussion, but crap and leave seems to be your style.

Last edited by Nocturnaloner; 05-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #276
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
No? Then keep on trolling by crapping in various movie threads, demanding to know why people have different opinions than you, and you will hear it a lot more. Or, you could always offer some actual discussion, but crap and leave seems to be your style.
You got that from one post? I wasn't trolling, this would be trolling: "The Dark Knight (or even Night of the Comet) is the worst movie ever made." I was offering up my opinion which happened to be negative, and agreeing with someone else who found the movie not that great. I gave reasons as to why, I didn't just state "this movie sucks. Period." I didn't demand answers, I just wanted to hear why people liked the movie because I didn't. I can see that my post may have come off insulting, I didn't mean it to. I was just legitimately disappointed with the movie.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #277

Aug 2009

Quote:
You got that from one post? I wasn't trolling, this would be trolling: "The Dark Knight (or even Night of the Comet) is the worst movie ever made." I was offering up my opinion which happened to be negative, and agreeing with someone else who found the movie not that great. I gave reasons as to why, I didn't just state "this movie sucks. Period." I didn't demand answers, I just wanted to hear why people liked the movie because I didn't. I can see that my post may have come off insulting, I didn't mean it to. I was just legitimately disappointed with the movie.
Well, that's a little better, but come on, there have been numerous posts answering your question before you posted, two of which I linked to. So it really comes down to a difference of opinion. When someone answers your question, and your response is a terse blowoff, it makes me think you're not interested in the answer.

So again, this is not a "good" movie, but the style, the tone, the way they captured the era (big nostalgia factor for a lot of us), and the fact that they made a post-apocalyptic zombie movie on a very low budget, are the things that enabled me to have a good time with Night of the Comet. Also the actors, who had more enthusiasm than skill, had a good time making it, and that translated for me.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #278

Aug 2009

Quote:
I grew up in the 80s watching this movie any time it was on cable. It's one of my all-time favorites. That being said, my childhood best friend, with whom, we joked, 'shared the same brain', just finally watched it a few weeks ago, and he HATED it. So I think for a lot of people it's simply nostalgia.
Most wanted on blu: 9 to 5, American Flyers, Baby Boom, Black Widow, The Broken Hearts Club, The Dead Zone, Desert Hearts, The Fabulous Baker Boys, The First Wives Club, Gimme an 'F', Hot Dog! The Movie, Murphy's Romance, No Way Out, Peter's Friends, Pretty in Pink, The Secret of My Success, Summer School, trick, White Palace, Working Girl
Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #279
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Well, that's a little better, but come on, there have been numerous posts answering your question before you posted, two of which I linked to. So it really comes down to a difference of opinion. When someone answers your question, and your response is a terse blowoff, it makes me think you're not interested in the answer.

So again, this is not a "good" movie, but the style, the tone, the way they captured the era (big nostalgia factor for a lot of us), and the fact that they made a post-apocalyptic zombie movie on a very low budget, are the things that enabled me to have a good time with Night of the Comet. Also the actors, who had more enthusiasm than skill, had a good time making it, and that translated for me.
I just meant the Citizen Kane comment, cause I've seen it used so much. Obviously anyone going in to this movie expecting that has another thing coming. I've seen other 80s horror movies and exploitation movies, I've seen Dawn of the Dead, and I just found this to be a tremendous letdown, even for the genre. To me it was just dull, with almost nothing happening for good stretches. About the only real aspect I latched onto and thought was cool was the red tinted look of the movie. It seems like most people who like the movie have a nostalgic fondness of it. I wonder if the movie is just popular with those who grew up with it and doesn't hold up well today with new viewers.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #280
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2009 View Post
I grew up in the 80s watching this movie any time it was on cable. It's one of my all-time favorites. That being said, my childhood best friend, with whom, we joked, 'shared the same brain', just finally watched it a few weeks ago, and he HATED it. So I think for a lot of people it's simply nostalgia.
Yeah that could very well be it. I'm just surprised it has a big following, unless they're all children of the 80s/90s. I know it's just my opinion but I have enjoyed nearly all of the popular and cult horror movies I have watched, which means they still hold up. I didn't find that to be the case with Night of the Comet. I honestly feel it's overrated because it does get so much love as being a gem from the 80s.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America