Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Dirty Grandpa (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Chinatown (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Now You See Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$47.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #281
Power Member

Nov 2013
At the end of a Cape

This is $16.99 at Amazon now. Does anyone know if one get a better price on this title during other sales from other sellers? Perhaps during a Deep Discount sale?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #282
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
This is $16.99 at Amazon now. Does anyone know if one get a better price on this title during other sales from other sellers? Perhaps during a Deep Discount sale?
It's from Shout/Scream Factory. Their Blu-rays almost never go on sale at deep discounts.

The cheapest Amazon has ever had it is $15.99.
If your world has no heroes, become one.
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #283
Power Member

Nov 2013
At the end of a Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
It's from Shout/Scream Factory. Their Blu-rays almost never go on sale at deep discounts.

The cheapest Amazon has ever had it is $15.99.
Thanks, I didn't know that about Shout/Scream titles rarely being on sale at DD. Do they tend to be on sale at other places, do you know?

$16.99 for this title seems pretty good, especially as you mention, the lowest it's been at Amazon was $15.99.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:14 AM   #284
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't know that about Shout/Scream titles rarely being on sale at DD. Do they tend to be on sale at other places, do you know?
Not really since most of their releases have been licensed from other studios. Shout Factory themselves might hold a sale around Halloween, if you want to wait seven months.
If your world has no heroes, become one.
Thanks given by:
Blu Titan (04-11-2015), solovoyager (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:16 AM   #285

Jan 2012

Quote:
$16.99 for this title seems pretty good, especially as you mention, the lowest it's been at Amazon was $15.99.
It's worth it for that price. It's a very fun movie. It's a seemingly old HD master used on the Blu-Ray, with more print damage than I'm used to, but it's nonetheless a pretty good transfer.
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (03-03-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #286
Expert Member

Sep 2012
The British Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
If anyone was curious, the extras on Arrow's just-announced edition are identical to the Scream ones.
The arrow release actually drops the stills gallery. But Arrow adds the new (June 2014) 10-minute The End of the World Blues which has star Mary Worornov looking back at her involvement in The Night of the Comet.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #287
Special Member

Dec 2013

I have the Arrow release and thought it was fantastic. It's a fun little romp with a feminist undercurrent (though directed by a man), and I have no problem saying it's one of my guilty pleasures now.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #288
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi92 View Post
I have the Arrow release and thought it was fantastic. It's a fun little romp with a feminist undercurrent (though directed by a man), and I have no problem saying it's one of my guilty pleasures now.
I have no guilt, I love this movie. The line "You were born with an *sshole, Doris, you don't need Chuck" is one of my favorites from any movie ever.
If God exists, why isn't Mo'Nique one of the new Ghostbusters?
Thanks given by:
lifepawn (04-12-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #289
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi92 View Post
Yeah, I REALLY liked it. I got the Arrow version too, during one of those amazon.co.uk sales it actually came out cheaper than the scream version, and it had that extra interview with Mary Woronov (who I love!). It's not a guilty pleasure sort of movie, it's a movie that's way better made that it had any reason to be. The two lead actresses are truly good, which is almost unheard of in an 80s horror movie made in America. That little scene with them on the roof in the middle was where I realized I was watching something unique and that it was more than simple cheese.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #290
Expert Member

Sep 2012
The British Empire

I picked up the Arrow release up in the sale as a blind buy and watched it last night. Fun little movie and they disguise the low budget really well.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #291
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
Yeah, I REALLY liked it. I got the Arrow version too, during one of those amazon.co.uk sales it actually came out cheaper than the scream version, and it had that extra interview with Mary Woronov (who I love!). It's not a guilty pleasure sort of movie, it's a movie that's way better made that it had any reason to be. The two lead actresses are truly good, which is almost unheard of in an 80s horror movie made in America. That little scene with them on the roof in the middle was where I realized I was watching something unique and that it was more than simple cheese.
I too am aiming for the Arrow UK release. Been a very long time since I've last watched it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Inc. View Post
I picked up the Arrow release up in the sale as a blind buy and watched it last night. Fun little movie and they disguise the low budget really well.
When I do eventually buy this it'll essentially be a near blind buy for me since I think I've last seen this in the mid 1990's.
I'll buy the release I want eventually.
My Complete Collection <- Always being Updated.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:55 AM   #292
Expert Member

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
I realize that, but this particular title is more "halloween" themed than anything released before.
I've always thought of this as a Christmas movie, myself. It would always play on HBO around December. Watched it every time it came on.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:38 AM   #293
Expert Member

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Watched this a few days after Repo Man (criterion) and kept thinking how similar they looked. Thought it was just a lot of same or similar seedy LA locations & some 80s neon interiors, then heard the director in the commentary say he stole most of the crew from Repo Man for this. And it has Dick Rude (the shaved head punk rocker).
The Arrow looks great, glad I never saw this film till blu-ray. The colors are terrific.
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:51 AM   #294

Sep 2015
USA

Just got the Arrow version today and I gotta say, I think it is an all-around superior version for these reasons;

- has a Mary Woronov interview
- the alternate artwork is actually better (IMO) than the original so no need for me to flip it (SCREAM/SHOUT usually feature obnoxious newly commissioned artwork - sorry but it's true, as much as I still really appreciate that studio)
- has a cool little booklet with it and a nice teaser card of other releases
- also features a dvd of all the program material

I see a bit of bashing going on with this movie as far as "I didn't like it", etc.

I really think you kind of "had to be there", so to speak.

I remember I was about 8 years old. I grew up in a house with BW tv and was only allowed to watch Mr Rogers and Dan Rather.

One day, my parents took me to one of their friends house and they had teenage kids. They also had cable tv. I was climbing the shag rugged stairs as smokey wood wafted around from the fireplace. When I turned around and looked back to see what the teens were watching below on the tv, I saw the scene with the zombie cop pretty much letting everyone in the mall scene know that he "didn't give a FARG."

I found out that there was a new rating system, PG-13. Back then PG-13 used to push the boundaries. A couple to 3 F-bombs, a set of teatties and even the partial bush (Woman in Red) were allowed. That is, before modern day pussified practices came into play and now PG-13 films have no balls, whatsoever. I mean, if you light up a cigarette it's automatically PG-13 so...long gone are the days when films like The Right Stuff could drop like 5 f bombs, in a PG movie, no less...and "As Good As It Gets", probably being the last of the mohican heavyweight PG-13 boundary pushers...(?)

You had to be there or you have to like Roger Corman or appreciate color, cheese, atmosphere and the 80's, and not be in a rush to have all of your bases pounced on.
WISH LIST:Hunter's Blood, Summer Camp Nightmare, Quiet Cool, Future Kill, Spring Forward, Lone Star, Stakeout, Tin Men, Split, Uncommon Valor, April Fools Day, House I and II, Hangin' with the Homeboys, Treasure of the Four Crowns, The Hidden, 2019: After the Fall of New York, Warrior of the Lost World, Deep Space, Brain Damage, Waxwork I and II, Young Warriors, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Visitants, Deathstalker, Black Moon Rising, Sole Survivor, Night Patrol, Silver Bullet.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #295

Jan 2012
Ireland

Encode wise the Arrow release is far superior. The Shout release is laden with compression artifacts. Arrows release has much better resolved grain. The comparison can be seen on Caps-a-holic.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #296
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Syracuse, NY

Oh please...you guys crack me up. Looks fine to me. Glad I'm not so anal.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #297

Feb 2014

I have never seen this, and I was thinking about picking it up (a store nearby has it for 14 bucks) - The trailer looks like it's a pure comedy though, is there horror? or is it basically all comedy?
Old 05-15-2016, 12:25 AM   #298
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Oh please...you guys crack me up. Looks fine to me. Glad I'm not so anal.
Just because it "looks fine to you" on whatever screen you have doesn't mean the problems aren't there. has nothing to do with being anal, just knowing how a blu-ray SHOULD look. It also doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to see it on a different TV/bigger TV/etc, because it's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchjr View Post
I have never seen this, and I was thinking about picking it up (a store nearby has it for 14 bucks) - The trailer looks like it's a pure comedy though, is there horror? or is it basically all comedy?
It's neither. It's tongue-in-cheek, kind of silly, but it's never really laugh out loud funny nor scary in any way.

Last edited by Bates_Motel; 05-15-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Thanks given by:
Hitchjr (05-15-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #299
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Syracuse, NY

Have a 60 inch...looks nice to me so save the usual blu-ray.com anal probing. Just enjoy the damn movie whatever version you have.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:36 AM   #300
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Have a 60 inch...looks nice to me so save the usual blu-ray.com anal probing. Just enjoy the damn movie whatever version you have.
I won't save you anything. Glad you can enjoy crap. But the proof is there whether or not you want to believe it to save face.

Again, what looks "nice to you" doesn't mean it's good, or correct. It just means you are complacent with mediocre blu-rays. It's funny, because the Arrow looks better, and I personally would rather have what looks better.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America