COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Ken Burns: The Roosevelts (Blu-ray)
$76.89
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Unforgiven (Blu-ray)
$17.49
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Special Member

Apr 2012
Hawaii
Default Jurassic Park 3D - 4/23/2013

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jurass...Blu-ray/59530/

Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

BOING YOING YOING OING OING OING........

This brings up unanswered questions though,the BR3D is releasing on 4/23 not 20 days after the theatrical re-release??? And no way that is the actual slip art, looks like my little niece threw that together on GIMP lol.. Or maybe it is.... Shoot, as long as the disc is inside.

I must turn to the almighty interwebz now and summon google for some answers..

*sounding the NickUK Horn - dup topic.......*
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #3

Oct 2011

Can't wait for this. Hope the 3D isn't disappointing.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Special Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Please be real! I have to admit I was a little worried that this was only going to be re- released in theatres in 3D and would not make it to 3D Blu-Ray. This is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

Edit: I just e-mailed Universal to try to get a confirmation on this. I just find it hard to believe its coming out on 3D Blu-Ray only 18 days after its getting re-released in theaters.

Last edited by Operation Swordfish; 01-22-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Special Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I just find it hard to believe its coming out on 3D Blu-Ray only 18 days after its getting re-released in theaters.
Top Gun is coming out the week after a limited run on Imax. Looks like Universal is taking the same approach.

fitprod
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Special Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Top Gun is coming out the week after a limited run on Imax. Looks like Universal is taking the same approach.

fitprod
Oh, I didn't realise Top Gun was also getting re-released in theaters. I thought it was only going straight to 3D blu-ray. I might have to check that out in Imax as well.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

What will be some good pop out moments you can think of with Jurassic Park 3D? (slight spoilers for those who haven't seen this movie)

I think the shot with the Spitter will be good for pop outs, for that brief second anyway, with greedy Newman and his stolen vial.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #8
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
What will be some good pop out moments you can think of with Jurassic Park 3D? (slight spoilers for those who haven't seen this movie)

I think the shot with the Spitter will be good for pop outs, for that brief second anyway, with greedy Newman and his stolen vial.
When they are in the jeep running from the TRex and the camera cuts to the side mirror, then the Rex leans way (watching via the mirror) in causing Malcom to jump backwards onto the stick shift.

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #9

Oct 2011

I really wish more movie studios would release the 3D trailers on youtube like Sony, Constantin Film, and Dreamworks have done.

Last edited by tigermoth; 01-24-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post

When Lex almost falls down through the ceiling vent and is pulled up just before the raptor bites her. That shot needs to be major pop out! Always got a gasp in theatres (back in the day), i remember seeing this 3 times theatrically in 1993!
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #11
Special Member

Sep 2011

Jurassic Park 3D Blu Ray is announced, but no new documentaries, about the restoration, or anything else either! Universal really plays it cheap, look at what Warner does, or even Spielberg's other movies get the love, while Jurassic Park gets played as cheap as it could be played! They had to do a remaster, otherwise the 3D conversion wouldn't work, so they did that, and nothing more. Really sad! Would've been great to see a doc about the restoration, and a couple of deleted scenes as a special feature? But Universal once again plays cheap!!!
The older special features will be retained though.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Raleigh

I sent out an email to Universal Home Entertainment expressing my disappointment in the recycling of the 2011 transfer for the upcoming 2D disc in the Jurassic Park 3D/2D combo pack. This was their response:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us.

The 2011 "Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy" Blu-ray release is based on remastered source material developed under the auspices and with the direct approval of the filmmakers. Extensive efforts went into the remastering process, and the differences between this Blu-ray release and our original DVD release are dramatic. The same remastered materials will be used for our upcoming DVD and 2D Blu-ray release.

We will forward your comments to the appropriate department.

Again, thank you.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Set-Up:
Television: Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma TCP50GT50
A/V: Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1-Channel Home Theater
Blu-Ray Player: Playstation 3 40GB System; Xbox One
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
Power Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddhi2011 View Post
Jurassic Park 3D Blu Ray is announced, but no new documentaries, about the restoration, or anything else either! Universal really plays it cheap, look at what Warner does, or even Spielberg's other movies get the love, while Jurassic Park gets played as cheap as it could be played! They had to do a remaster, otherwise the 3D conversion wouldn't work, so they did that, and nothing more. Really sad! Would've been great to see a doc about the restoration, and a couple of deleted scenes as a special feature? But Universal once again plays cheap!!!
The older special features will be retained though.
The same lazy cheap way Paramount did with Top Gun 3D, brand new great transfer only used for the 3D version
Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #14
Special Member

Sep 2011

Hey guys nd gals, I created a new Thread-
"THE MASK (1994) in 3D. How 'bout it?"
If you wish, come over and have a fun discussion!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies