Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #581
davewhit davewhit is offline
Member
 
davewhit's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Liverpool, England
245
138
2
Default

Anyone know where to get the original region 1 with song included as I am not sure which version I should be looking for in the UK, I know I will have to import it but not sure which one cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #582
lolwut lolwut is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
lolwut's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Virginia, US
760
188
117
Default

Does anyone know if the gold slip fits over the regular edition?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #583
rdodolak rdodolak is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2007
1710
1136
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
Does anyone know if the gold slip fits over the regular edition?
It should. The Amazon 3-disc exclusive is a four disc Viva Elite case which can hold two discs per hub so it's the same size as the 1-3 disc Viva Elite cases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #584
lolwut lolwut is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
lolwut's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Virginia, US
760
188
117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
It should. The Amazon 3-disc exclusive is a four disc Viva Elite case which can hold two discs per hub so it's the same size as the 1-3 disc Viva Elite cases.
Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #585
Freezeup Freezeup is offline
Active Member
 
Freezeup's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Toronto
Default

So, does the new DVD-only release of this include the COMPLETE movie with the song? The DVD is on sale for $9...I'll get that instead if it has the song.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #586
bsweetness bsweetness is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bsweetness's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
411
429
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeup View Post
So, does the new DVD-only release of this include the COMPLETE movie with the song? The DVD is on sale for $9...I'll get that instead if it has the song.
I doubt many people around this site bought the new DVD-only release, but I'd be incredibly shocked of it's any different from the DVD included in the Amazon exclusive Blu-ray release. The DVD included in the Amazon exclusive is an exact repressing of the last DVD release (content-wise) with both versions of the movie - the theatrical version in widescreen and the extended version (with the song "When Love is Gone") in pan and scan fullscreen.

Last edited by bsweetness; 12-29-2012 at 03:45 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #587
retablo retablo is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2007
Hollywood
1307
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Why go to all the trouble, who not just put the song in?? This is despicable.
How is it despicable? Why cut it in the first place then, if it's supposed to be included? The song wasn't in the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION. Therefore it was cut for a reason. Just because it was re-instated for a home video release doesn't mean it's supposed to be back in there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #588
bsweetness bsweetness is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bsweetness's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
411
429
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retablo View Post
How is it despicable? Why cut it in the first place then, if it's supposed to be included? The song wasn't in the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION. Therefore it was cut for a reason. Just because it was re-instated for a home video release doesn't mean it's supposed to be back in there.
It's been well-documented that Brian Henson intended for the song to be included in the film, but it was cut at the last minute upon directives brought down by the studio because of test screenings. So, if you technically want the version of the movie that the director intended, that would be the version with the song included.

I wouldn't call the fact that it's not included on the Blu-ray release despicable, but it's something that should have at least been included as a deleted scene given its enormous prevalence in home video releases over the years. In fact, it's been a part of so many releases that many people (probably most people) have actually never seen the movie without the song.

Last edited by bsweetness; 12-29-2012 at 03:40 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #589
Falaskan Falaskan is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Falaskan's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
144
56
1
6
Default

As the Christmas season gets closer, I find myself wishing we had the complete version of this on blu-ray above all else.
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #590
f451 f451 is offline
Member
 
f451's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
262
1
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
It's been well-documented that Brian Henson intended for the song to be included in the film, but it was cut at the last minute upon directives brought down by the studio because of test screenings. So, if you technically want the version of the movie that the director intended, that would be the version with the song included.

I wouldn't call the fact that it's not included on the Blu-ray release despicable, but it's something that should have at least been included as a deleted scene given its enormous prevalence in home video releases over the years. In fact, it's been a part of so many releases that many people (probably most people) have actually never seen the movie without the song.
That's it! The perfect excuse for a new re-issue -- the director's cut! Finally we would get The Song which is *so* integral to the film! That sequence lends gravitas to the film -- arguably, it's Scrooge's turning point in the film. The emotional impact of The Song in this scene and the film as a whole is simply undeniable.

The Song has it's counterpart at the closing of the film. Without its inclusion, the film feels incomplete. With it included, the film feels richer and complete.

Disney could offer an opt-out by using seamless branching to exclude the sequence. That would retain the theatrical release while giving viewers what they want.

So, please, Disney -- bring back the song. Walt would approve.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
malja316 (08-23-2014)
Old 12-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #591
Alucard64 Alucard64 is offline
Active Member
 
Alucard64's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Hot and Humid Miami
431
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retablo View Post
How is it despicable? Why cut it in the first place then, if it's supposed to be included? The song wasn't in the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION. Therefore it was cut for a reason. Just because it was re-instated for a home video release doesn't mean it's supposed to be back in there.
You're wrong. Some theaters got the film with the song included.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #592
mar3o mar3o is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
That's it! The perfect excuse for a new re-issue -- the director's cut! Finally we would get The Song which is *so* integral to the film! That sequence lends gravitas to the film -- arguably, it's Scrooge's turning point in the film. The emotional impact of The Song in this scene and the film as a whole is simply undeniable.

The Song has it's counterpart at the closing of the film. Without its inclusion, the film feels incomplete. With it included, the film feels richer and complete.

Disney could offer an opt-out by using seamless branching to exclude the sequence. That would retain the theatrical release while giving viewers what they want.

So, please, Disney -- bring back the song. Walt would approve.
Disney doesn't care. If they did, we would have it in the first place. But I agree with you 100%. The end song is the counterpart to the missing song. The film is not complete without it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #593
MrBlueo MrBlueo is offline
Active Member
 
MrBlueo's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
160
31
Default

Can anyone confirm that the "red cover" edition's digital copy is expired? It was released the same day. Is the "gold cover" also expired?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:03 AM   #594
BillieCassin BillieCassin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BillieCassin's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
158
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueo View Post
Can anyone confirm that the "red cover" edition's digital copy is expired? It was released the same day. Is the "gold cover" also expired?
Funny that you should ask that, I just registered the Gold Cover day before yesterday, worked just fine. Doesn't appear to be an expiration date on it anyway. But yes, worked just fine.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:06 AM   #595
MrBlueo MrBlueo is offline
Active Member
 
MrBlueo's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
160
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
Funny that you should ask that, I just registered the Gold Cover day before yesterday, worked just fine. Doesn't appear to be an expiration date on it anyway. But yes, worked just fine.
That's good to know. Can anyone confirm the "red" version?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 AM   #596
MrBlueo MrBlueo is offline
Active Member
 
MrBlueo's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
160
31
Default

Just got a hold of a code from the "red" edition. Code was still good. Just FYI for anyone who was interested.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57 AM.