Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.60

Robin Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

The Villainess (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
$34.99
2 hrs ago
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$56.71

DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$30.37
22 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Super: Part 4 (Blu-ray)
$22.69
1 hr ago
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Hell Night (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #161

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdisc View Post
I think some scenes with the mask showing had to be CG'd because of something not coming out right or something (forgot why).

I thought the mask in H20 looked worse than H5!

IMO, the mask in H5 looked "different", but still scary!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #162
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

What makes H20 so great is the effort put into Laurie's character development. All the stuff about her being an alcoholic, fighting with John, seeing the parallels between Frankenstein and herself etc. This was dramatic writing not normally explored in slasher movies. There felt like genuine pathos for her, unlike the two dimensional killer we've been forced to identify with the majority of the series. It's easily the best sequel in the franchise and the sole film that really seemed to justify the inclusion of the "sister" twist thrown into H2, which seemed to be just for the hell of it.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Thanks given by:
badfingerboogie (02-28-2018)
Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #163
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock666 View Post
not sure why there is alot of love for H20 with it playing mostly like a scream clone and the myers mask looking like crap
H20 is terrible. I don't understand all the love for the movie either. I remember when i saw the commercial for it when it came out in August 1998 and being so angry that they completely ignored Part 6. And YES the mask was so bad and you'll notice it changed so many times during the movie that it looked ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
Old 06-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #164
Special Member

Oct 2010
Evansville, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
What makes H20 so great is the effort put into Laurie's character development. All the stuff about her being an alcoholic, fighting with John, seeing the parallels between Frankenstein and herself etc. This was dramatic writing not normally explored in slasher movies. There felt like genuine pathos for her, unlike the two dimensional killer we've been forced to identify with the majority of the series. It's easily the best sequel in the franchise and the sole film that really seemed to justify the inclusion of the "sister" twist thrown into H2, which seemed to be just for the hell of it.
+1

This. This right here is why I favour H20 over all of the other sequels. It's a flawed movie, for sure, but still my personal favourite (after the first, obviously).
Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #165

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualsynth View Post
H20 is terrible. I don't understand all the love for the movie either. I remember when i saw the commercial for it when it came out in August 1998 and being so angry that they completely ignored Part 6. And YES the mask was so bad and you'll notice it changed so many times during the movie that it looked ridiculous.

I'm mad they ignored 6 also.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #166
Special Member

Aug 2010

there was a scene in the classroom where a student tells about jaime lloyd character's fate in curse but was never filmed i really wish that would of been included because that would of branched the series!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:08 AM   #167
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

I don't really see why anyone would be upset. 6 took that storyline as far as it could go. It was a confusing mess. I still love the film, but there's no doubt that you couldn't take it any further without it getting more absurd. The only route to take was back track to what was less convoluted.

I look at it as we have several different threads that don't need to coexist. It's like having a multiverse in a horror franchise! I think we've got 4 going so far
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #168
Special Member

Feb 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestblus View Post
IMO, the mask in H5 looked "different", but still scary!
I don't know why, but that mask always annoyed me for some reason lol. My ranking of the masks are:

1) H1 Mask
2) RZH Clean Mask
3) RZH Rotted Mask
4) H20 Mask
5) RZH2 Mask
6) H6 Mask
7) HR Mask
8) H4 Mask
9) H2 Mask
10) H5 Mask
11) RZH2 Half Mask
12) H20 Original Mask
Old 06-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #169

Aug 2009
Scotland

Personally I was glad H20 ignored 6, but I thought H20 ignored everything after 2. I don't recall anything in H20 that implies that Laurie abandoned her daughter and none of events of 4 or 5 seems to fit together with it.
My Movies & TV Show discussion group on Facebook. Collecting talk welcome: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ReAssembled.Movies/

My youtube channel where I post movie vlogs, show off my collection and post the podcast(s) I'm involved with (also on iTunes.) http://www.youtube.com/user/wooble89
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #170

Sep 2011
New Zealand

So, what does everyone think of the cover art for 4 and 5? Personally, I like the original cover art that was on the theatrical release posters. The orange effect kind of ruins it, doesn't look as creepy.

Also, I agree with the cinematography praise. Especially in the 1st and 4th, which has one of the best opening scenes in horror cinema history! The gorgeously shot, eerie countryside with all those spooky Halloween decorations were great. And it actually looked like Halloween/late Autumn.

Last edited by sugar_kane; 06-27-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #171
Expert Member

Jan 2012
England

I don't mind the cover art too much, might have toned down the orange a bit I suppose.

I'd actually like them to one day bring out a cover that drops the 'The Revenge of Michael Myers' line (as it never appears on-screen). I also hate it when a title has II, but DVD covers change it to 2.
Care Bear stare...
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #172
Special Member

Jul 2010
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_kane View Post
So, what does everyone think of the cover art for 4 and 5? Personally, I like the original cover art that was on the theatrical release posters. The orange effect kind of ruins it, doesn't look as creepy.
I've got a couple spare orange Blu-ray cases that will go with these just nicely.
LG 55LW6500 - Oppo BDP-103 - Yamaha RX-V3900
Last ordered: Doctor Strange Blufans Exclusive / SteelBook / BE 042 / Book of Cagliostro Edition
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #173
Banned

Jun 2008

Well i thought the mask looked pretty good in H20 i also think its one af the Best sequels after Halloween 2. Zombies Halloween movies is the worst crap
Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #174

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
H20 was probably technically the best sequel, but I don't really watch the Halloween franchise for a movie that attempted to be a more well-crafted blockbuster.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #175

Jun 2012

I'll probably skip these as I already own the dvds and I feel like they were the weaker sequels in the series so why rebuy them?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #176

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshSith View Post
I'll probably skip these as I already own the dvds and I feel like they were the weaker sequels in the series so why rebuy them?
For the new HD transfers?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #177
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Quote:
Difference of opinion would be my guess. to me 4 is such a great sequel. The ending is so awesome too. When I saw it in theater it gave me nightmares for years.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #178
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
I personally think the fourth film is one of the best ones in the series, and the fifth has its moments.

I'm exciting for the deleted footage from part four. I never thought there would be any.
Thanks given by:
Old 06-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #179

Dec 2010
United States

5 was actually my favorite when I was younger, looking on it now it really isn't so great though. I do love 4.

I never picked up the special edition DVDs for either film, so I'll probably buy these.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #180

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leem6453 View Post
Difference of opinion would be my guess. to me 4 is such a great sequel. The ending is so awesome too. When I saw it in theater it gave me nightmares for years.
Pretty much. I wanted to like them more but the endings for both films kind of ruined the movies for me. Just my opinion though and I'm sure the transfers will be good. It's just not up there on my priority list as movies that I would rebuy on BD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America