Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Ultimate Laika Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Cat's Eye (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Count Dracula's Great Love (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dead-End Drive-In (Blu-ray)
$19.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (if you have actually seen it)
One Star 77 7.85%
Two Stars 154 15.70%
Three Stars 257 26.20%
Four Stars 338 34.45%
Five Stars 155 15.80%
Voters: 981. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2016, 01:14 AM   #27661

Mar 2012

That may be the case,but the shorter person looks like they are wearing a stocking cap, and a Carhart jacket, the uniform of a working man ....lol.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:44 PM   #27662
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Just watched the theatrical cut again. Loved the hell out of it. Ultimate Edition tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (08-02-2016), mredman (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #27663
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

I only realised on my 3rd viewing a few days ago that the red "missile" that causes the Metropolis branch of Wayne Enterprises to collapse (when Jack is seen saying the Lord's Prayer) is actually Superman being thrown into the building by Zod. I thought it was a projectile from the surrounding buildings that were collapsing, or an alien thingy randomly exploding, lol. No wonder Bruce is so peed off. Gosh, I'm slow.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:13 AM   #27664
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

It's clearly Supes, you banana! Though I did see it in IMAX first of all so that may have helped me recognise him.

I do like this film a hell of a lot and even if there wasn't an extended edition I'd be perfectly happy with the theatrical cut, as I'm one of the wierdos who had no trouble piecing the story together from the breadcrumbs that were left out. I get the feeling that the UE will be more like the entire loaf rather than the crumbs, but sometimes I don't like eating too much bread. Very excited to see the UE finally, anyway.
Thanks given by:
captveg (08-03-2016), carpanafilms (08-03-2016), dgoswald (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 01:52 AM   #27665
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

I thought the red missle was heat vision slicing through the building?
Old 08-03-2016, 02:03 AM   #27666
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

It's clearly Supes, you banana!
Old 08-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #27667
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It's clearly Supes, you banana!
Or was it Zod who couldnt control his heat vision.

GOT 'EM!
Old 08-03-2016, 03:02 AM   #27668
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
It was General Zod attacking the building while Kal-El tried to avoid his heat vision.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:11 AM   #27669
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Guys, I think he means when you see Supes being thrown towards the building from ground zero. This is before the heat vision moments.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:26 AM   #27670
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Quote:
Nah, it was just prior to the heat vision moment, when the Jack feller was looking out over Metropolis, and he feels the building shake due to the impact of Superman going through it.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #27671

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Myers View Post
BvS is my favorite film this year, but that video does make some good points. But you could say the same for Only God Forgives, and I love that movie too. Also, he lost me by using the Avengers AoU ranch scene as reference. I hate that scene.
I agree it slowed the film down a lot. And didn't give me added poignancy at all.
Thanks given by:
Blu Myers (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #27672
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
Nah, it was just prior to the heat vision moment, when the Jack feller was looking out over Metropolis, and he feels the building shake due to the impact of Superman going through it.
The initial impact of red missle superman didnt cause it to collapse.
It was the heat beams slicing it apart.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #27673
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

OK after watching the fantastic ultimate cut on Monday I still have a few grievances which I will list below:

The future flash forward premonition scene needs sorting out completely. Even in the extended cut it comes completely out of nowhere, itís really disorienting and confusing and doesnít in any way feel like a dream or a flash forward. Itís just so weird and bizarre and one of the most WTF moments Iíve seen in a big movie in quite some time. Of course Snyder could be applauded for being so bold but I think itís a mistake to include the sequence as is, it just doesnít work and really is it absolutely essential to have it in the movie? What does it convey? That there could potentially (or definitely?) will be a bad future where Superman is evil? Is that what itís telling us? There has to be a better way to convey that, perhaps even just a visit from The Flash and keep it vague, although truth be told Iíd lose The Flash time travel moment also.

The batman vs Superman fight should have happened earlier in the movie, so there can be a more logical and smoother transition from being enemies to friends. I think the midpoint of the movie (ultimate cut) would have been the best placement for this. Even in the extended form their subsequent friendship is still too rushed and would have benefitted from a few more scenes between them after they fight, just to allow for some breathing room between that and final Doomsday battle.

Batman should have been the one to go back and retrieve the spear. He even started to do this so I donít know why they decide to prevent him from it in order for Lois to do it. If theyíre not having Batman retrieve the spear then he should have been racing around in his Batmobile distracting Doomsday. He should not have just Ďsat outí most of the fight. At least have him doing something proactive, and retrieving the spear would not only have made sense, it would have kept him out of a fight that is way above his abilities.

They also shouldnít have had the peril of Lois almost drowning, itís just a silly distraction and really slows down the finale each time it cuts to her. Itís one bit of drama too much. If you go with Batman retrieving the spear then that removes Lois from the finale almost completely and I think the movie would be better off being more streamlined in that respect rather than it feeling a little Ďstop, start, stop, startí every time it cuts between the big battle and Lois in peril.

As awesome as the action and visual FX are, the end battle has a few too many huge, bright electric, blinding explosions which are just visual noise. I was hoping Snyder had learned to dial it back just a tad after Man of Steel but many shots in the final battle are very confusing to look at and the endless huge bright electrical explosions can be a little exhausting. Make the action clearer, slow it down if you have to, he is no stranger to striking use of slow motion thatís for sure.

The whole transition between Metropolis and Gotham in the final battle is very confusing and unclear. It seems like Batman is in the same city once heís gotten to Gotham and his journey there is so brushed over or vaguely conveyed that I didnít where the heck we were. Both smackdown areas looked very much the same so we might as well have stayed in Metropolis. Of course he needed to get to Gotham for the spear, just make his flight there a lot more apparent, a few more shots of him flying over the water being pursued by Doomsday.

As I said though, I do think the movie is fantastic entertainment and I love it but the above things bug me/ are what I would want to amend.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore

Best Movie Ever Made: Mad Max Fury Road!
Thanks given by:
GDHickey (08-04-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #27674
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
KIC8462852

I told myself never to bother questioning things about BvS here as I try to only comments on positive things in the forum But this is one of the many questions my friends keep asking, why didn't Superman save her mother while she's being kidnapped, or while she was in captivity even, it would take 10 seconds. But when Lois was falling down the building he appeared just in time?

If there is something I missed, I apologize because I've only seen the theatrical and extended version only once.
Too much nostalgia interrupts progress. Looking forward to something new.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #27675
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Also Superman was hovering in the air for ages waiting for the camera to get him in shot while all those families are on their roofs in that massive flood waiting for him to rescue them. I don't know what he was hovering around for and why he didn't just rescue them straight away, especially when that woman is reaching out to him for ages as if to say "Help! rescue us!"
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

Old 08-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #27676

Jan 2010
Cambridge,MA

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but have you guys seen the Honest trailer for Watchmen? First off hilarious. And I really like Watchmen but they kill it. But they brought up something I totally forgot. Freggin Snyder already used the Martha thing in Watchmen Ultimate Edition. The newsstand guy and the kid. Haha.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #27677
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainefu View Post
But they brought up something I totally forgot. Freggin Snyder already used the Martha thing in Watchmen Ultimate Edition. The newsstand guy and the kid. Haha.
I plug you in
Dim the lights
Electric Barbarella

My Blade Runner shrine
Old 08-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #27678
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
The future flash forward premonition scene needs sorting out completely. Even in the extended cut it comes completely out of nowhere, itís really disorienting and confusing and doesnít in any way feel like a dream or a flash forward.
Itís just so weird and bizarre and one of the most WTF moments Iíve seen in a big movie in quite some time.
Of course Snyder could be applauded for being so bold but I think itís a mistake to include the sequence as is, it just doesnít work and really is it absolutely essential to have it in the movie? What does it convey? That there could potentially (or definitely?) will be a bad future where Superman is evil? Is that what itís telling us?
There has to be a better way to convey that, perhaps even just a visit from The Flash and keep it vague, although truth be told Iíd lose The Flash time travel moment also.
The dreamare is drawn from the Injustice Gods Among Us video game story line.
https://youtu.be/vVa8KYgFoLs

The Flash appearing to Bruce is from Crisis On Infinite Earths.

So they mix the "stories" to have Flash from the future warn Batman that Lois is the key to saving the world.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #27679
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
The dreamare is drawn from the Injustice Gods Among Us video game story line.
https://youtu.be/vVa8KYgFoLs

The Flash appearing to Bruce is from Crisis On Infinite Earths.

So they mix the "stories" to have Flash from the future warn Batman that Lois is the key to saving the world.
Fair enough but that doesn't affect my issues with the placement of it in the movie and how confusing it all is. Even in ultimate cut its out of nowhere and feels very off. Even though the content of the scenes is interesting.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #27680
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Fair enough but that doesn't affect my issues with the placement of it in the movie and how confusing it all is. Even in ultimate cut its out of nowhere and feels very off. Even though the content of the scenes is interesting.
It is a little jarring on first viewing, but man, it is such a cool scene I don't even care. I'm glad Snyder had the balls to throw in a scene like that just becasue he could, as it's one of the most memorable scenes in the film. I do think having Flash appear right after was a little too much, but it didn't hurt the film for me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
dark knight, man of steel