Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 4 Film Favorites (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Life of Pi 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Bridget Jones's Baby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
X-Men Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Big Sick (Blu-ray)
$9.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Old 10-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default Best Final Fantasy final boss?

I think it was Zeromus, what do the rest of you think? The creepy dead guy from X would be a close second for me.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

If you're talking about who put up the best fight, I really couldn't say, as I never search out any RPG final boss until I'm of a level where I'll spank him/her hard.

If you mean character-wise, Sephiroth was not only FF's best end boss, he is one of the greatest game villains of all-time. Knights of the Round destroyed him quickly though.
Thanks given by:
Naiera (12-01-2016)
Old 10-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Pooh View Post
If you're talking about who put up the best fight, I really couldn't say, as I never search out any RPG final boss until I'm of a level where I'll spank him/her hard.

If you mean character-wise, Sephiroth was not only FF's best end boss, he is one of the greatest game villains of all-time. Knights of the Round destroyed him quickly though.
As did Omni Slash, both during the actual fight and the FMV that followed.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
As did Omni Slash, both during the actual fight and the FMV that followed.
Yeah, there were some pretty potent attacks in that game, especially if you were good at "slotting" the Materia.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Yeah, there were some pretty potent attacks in that game, especially if you were good at "slotting" the Materia.
Honestly attacks that hit for over 100000 are nice but they prove that not only are bosses too tough but there are attacks that kind of take any skill out of winning the game.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

I vote for Zeromus for final boss. But if I had to choose the hardest fight I had it would be Demon Wall from FF4, which I found harder than Zeromus.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 10-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

Quote:
Honestly attacks that hit for over 100000 are nice but they prove that not only are bosses too tough but there are attacks that kind of take any skill out of winning the game.
Oh, I agree. With those types of attacks, the bosses go down too easily. Without them, some bosses are completely ridiculous. Did you ever beat the two optional Weapon bosses (the one in the desert near Gold Saucer & the one underwater)? They were almost impossible (with Knights of the Round & Omnislash or not). That's one aspect of the Materia/weapon slot setup that I liked... You had to be creative & put at least some thought into how you arranged them to make them truly omnipotent.

Last edited by OG Pooh; 10-05-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
Power Member

Apr 2009

In terms of difficulty and challenge: Zeromous easy. He was tough, even for a prepared party. On the DS version, he was very punishing and took me a few attempts to beat.

In terms of story and character: Kefka, for the sole reason that he did what no other boss accomplished: he actually destroyed the world! Plus, he was a deranged madman who was definatly FF's Joker. Too bad he was an easy fight.....
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Oh, I agree. With those types of attacks, the bosses go down too easily. Without them, some bosses are completely ridiculous. Did you ever beat the two optional Weapon bosses (the one in the desert near Gold Saucer & the one underwater)? They were almost impossible (with Knights of the Round & Omnislash or not). That's one aspect of the Materia/weapon slot setup that I liked... You had to be creative & put at least some thought into how you arranged them to make them truly omnipotent.
Those were easy once you had Final Death Phoenix KoTR and two dead party members for Ruby and minimal materia for Emerald so its stupid little attack didn't KO your entire party in one shot.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

Quote:
Those were easy once you had Final Death Phoenix KoTR and two dead party members for Ruby and minimal materia for Emerald so its stupid little attack didn't KO your entire party in one shot.
Yeah, Phoenix could make almost any battle one-sided.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #11

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
In terms of difficulty and challenge: Zeromous easy. He was tough, even for a prepared party. On the DS version, he was very punishing and took me a few attempts to beat.

In terms of story and character: Kefka, for the sole reason that he did what no other boss accomplished: he actually destroyed the world! Plus, he was a deranged madman who was definatly FF's Joker. Too bad he was an easy fight.....
For me, it was definitely Zeromous as well. I always liked the preparation scene for it when all the characters appear in ghost form healing everyone with Final Fantasy playing as the music.

Kefka was definitely a pushover. He had no last words to say after defeating him. I don't think someone like him can really try to redeem himself. Before the battle, I loved his line "You all sound like chapters from a self help booklet."
Old 10-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

I love Sephy..he's even an optional uber boss in Kingdom Hearts..
I'd also say Edea..I just love the battle system of FF8 and the trigger

I wish there was a game that combined the materia system, draw sytem, trigger, and attack system of Legend of Dragoon..heck I wish there was a 2nd or more installments for Legend of Dragoon../end ramble/end OT lol
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #13
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
For me, it was definitely Zeromous as well. I always liked the preparation scene for it when all the characters appear in ghost form healing everyone with Final Fantasy playing as the music.

Kefka was definitely a pushover. He had no last words to say after defeating him. I don't think someone like him can really try to redeem himself. Before the battle, I loved his line "You all sound like chapters from a self help booklet."
Yeah that was his best line in the game, I will say while he was an awesome villain, his easy death at the end of the game severely tarnishes my opinion of him. Seymour to me was a very good villain, the guy knew what he wanted and often got it and he was quite a hard boss to beat at more than one stage in the game.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

May not be a Final Fantasy boss, but I often think of Lavos when ppl mention Kefka successfully destroying the world.

In Lavos' case, it's hard to say. I mean, he did in one timeline, but if you believe in a single timeline, Crono's actions already happened and averted the apocalypse.
PSN: SuprSaiynMusashi

DVD/BD Collection: 781 discs on 349 products: 261 movies + 2,476 Episodes.
Game Collection: 618
Born and raised blu-blood

Trivia: What is Becky going to do when she gets home from school?
Trivia Archive: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=169794
Old 10-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
May not be a Final Fantasy boss, but I often think of Lavos when ppl mention Kefka successfully destroying the world.

In Lavos' case, it's hard to say. I mean, he did in one timeline, but if you believe in a single timeline, Crono's actions already happened and averted the apocalypse.
I just see them as alternate realities that still exist, otherwise wouldn't Robo disappear? The Final Fantasy VIII boss I don't even remember, I believe my final party was Squall, Rinoa and Irvine.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
Banned

Feb 2012

Hardest: Cloud of Darkness, Zeromus, Neo Exdeath (the latter is the most ****ed-up looking end boss I've ever seen)

Favorite: Kefka (and the three tiers of bosses leading up to him). A parody of Dante's Divine Comedy and probably the most epic final boss I've ever fought
Old 11-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Kefka

Part of me wants to say Chaos (Final Fantasy) but it's too easy to 1-hit him with a master.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Kefka as of any FF boss hes the only one to ever succeed in what he wanted to do
RIP Navster
Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellOilJunior View Post
Part of me wants to say Chaos (Final Fantasy) but it's too easy to 1-hit him with a master.
Yep; I've done that. Master gets insanely powerful (albeit 1-dimensional) at high levels.

Remake versions offer a more challenging fight against Chaos. Optional Boss Shinryu will give you a reason for all your built up power too.
PSN: SuprSaiynMusashi

DVD/BD Collection: 781 discs on 349 products: 261 movies + 2,476 Episodes.
Game Collection: 618
Born and raised blu-blood

Trivia: What is Becky going to do when she gets home from school?
Trivia Archive: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=169794
Old 11-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Yep; I've done that. Master gets insanely powerful (albeit 1-dimensional) at high levels.

Remake versions offer a more challenging fight against Chaos. Optional Boss Shinryu will give you a reason for all your built up power too.
Warmech is a tougher fight than Chaos. In all the times I've played the game it seems like the encounter rate for Warmech is much higher when the party consists of 4 knights.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming