COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
High School Confidential (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray)
$19.99
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (Blu-ray)
$16.07

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #5081
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
That would reduce the magic of the Clark Kent persona.
If his identity were revealed his mom would be harrassed on top of him having no private life.
They already addressed this when Pete Ross mom freaked out about the school bus rescue. The public would freak out and who knows what the government would force him to do.
Privacy/Dual identity is one of the oldest tropes in comics. I dont get why folks are confused by Kent's decision to protect Clark and Martha privacy.
It's even more serious than that. What people, I think, don't get is that Jonathan was thinking about what would happen to the family more than anything else. It's not about preventing or instilling fear in Clark to not do what he knows is in Clark's heart. It's about Jonathan fearful of Clark's revelation at his early age and what they would do to them, as a family.

We as an audience know that nothing can hurt Clark, even as a young boy, but in the reality of the film, Martha and Jonathan have no earthly clue what would happen if they got found out, they were separated and the government took Clark. It's horrific to even think about and that's pretty much Jonathan's line of thinking through out the entire film...even when he knows Clark's destined for greater things and those great things will come to light one day.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."
Thanks given by:
Batmon77 (08-17-2014), Drewbee87 (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #5082
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I didn't say everyone knows. One of the most familiar things (and something I've always loved) about the previous incarnations of Superman is Lois Lane not knowing who Clarke really is. That was dealt with in the first film. I just find it interesting that it's a plot-point that they seem to get out of the way fairly quickly these days.

We'll probably have to wait three films before they get back to proper Daily Planet dynamics, I can't see much more than cameos in the next two films before returning to Metropolis for Man of Steel 2.
Besides Lois, he does have a Secret Identity.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #5083
Special Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I didn't say everyone knows. One of the most familiar things (and something I've always loved) about the previous incarnations of Superman is Lois Lane not knowing who Clarke really is. That was dealt with in the first film. I just find it interesting that it's a plot-point that they seem to get out of the way fairly quickly these days.

We'll probably have to wait three films before they get back to proper Daily Planet dynamics, I can't see much more than cameos in the next two films before returning to Metropolis for Man of Steel 2.
It is kind of odd they didn't want even one movie of Daily Planet Clark/Lois "will she find out" drama. As said above everyone in The Dark Knight trilogy who mattered found out who Batman was too. I guess it's just a trend in modern superhero movies to not bother with the secret identity stuff. Maybe they feel we had enough of that in the 70's-90's versions.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America