Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Justified: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$84.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grimm: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Get on Up (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 01-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #241
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GxyExpress999 View Post
I am not too keen on exclusive/newly commissioned art in general (e.g. Scream Factory, Arrow) and would prefer original key art on a slipcover , but thanks for the clarification of the process.
Take a look a few pages back, GxyExpress999, and you'll find the cover art for our upcoming GIRL SLAVES blu. It isn't newly commissioned art, but an original piece of ad art for the film. We are going to get the very talented Gilles Vranckx to do a new ALUCARDA cover, but will still include the old cover as a reversible, at least for the proposed limited edition version.

Mostly we use old ad art unless there isn't anything really usable, which has been the case with most of the films we've released the last few years it seems. In those cases we go to Gilles, who is incredibly talented and fits our style to a tee.

But for example, our upcoming DVD series of Greek exploitation films will feature original ad art, because there is some cool, lurid stuff that we can use. But Gilles will probably do the Latvian movie we have on the docket, since there's not much great art out there for that one.

Last edited by Jared A.; 01-27-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
Take a look a few pages back, GxyExpress999, and you'll find the cover art for our upcoming GIRL SLAVES blu. It isn't newly commissioned art, but an original piece of ad art for the film. We are going to get the very talented Gilles Vranckx to do a new ALUCARDA cover, but will still include the old cover as a reversible, at least for the proposed limited edition version.

Mostly we use old ad art unless there isn't anything really usable, which has been the case with most of the films we've released the last few years it seems. In those cases we go to Gilles, who is incredibly talented and fits out style to a tee.

But for example, our upcoming DVD series of Greek exploitation films will feature original ad art, because there are some cool, lurid stuff that we can use. But Gilles will probably do the Latvian movie we have on the docket, since there's not much great art out there for that one.
OK, I've googled Gilles' art and I love his style! I'm looking forward to it now.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #243

Oct 2010

Quote:

Mostly we use old ad art unless there isn't anything really usable, which has been the case with most of the films we've released the last few years it seems. In those cases we go to Gilles, who is incredibly talented and fits out style to a tee.

But for example, our upcoming DVD series of Greek exploitation films will feature original ad art, because there are some cool, lurid stuff that we can use. But Gilles will probably do the Latvian movie we have on the docket, since there's not much great art out there for that one.
Gilles also did the fantastic art for the "Nekromantik" Arrow blu ray. I love his style. Would you consider adding a mini poster for any of your future web exclusives? Just a suggestion.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #244
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeux21 View Post
Gilles also did the fantastic art for the "Nekromantik" Arrow blu ray. I love his style. Would you consider adding a mini poster for any of your future web exclusives? Just a suggestion.
Yes! I have thought a lot about that and will likely do something like this in the future. Probably should have done something like that for THE FAN, but oh well, lesson learned. Next time.
Thanks given by:
drauch (01-27-2015), Mr. Thomsen (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #245
Power Member

Nov 2011

Hint: Do not google Gilles Vranckx while at work.
Thanks given by:
drauch (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #246

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Was just about to do that...
Old 01-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #247

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
If you work at a place where you can't look at DRAWINGS, that is sad.

Photography, sure.

None of the drawings I've seen depict sex either.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:50 PM   #248
Power Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
If you work at a place where you can't look at DRAWINGS, that is sad... None of the drawings I've seen depict sex either.
The drawings are really nice and tasteful; however some workplaces are more "conservative" than others. I recognize the artwork style from The Slave, Countess Perverse, etc and it's great stuff but despite this modern age some people still get in a tizzy if there's a tit visible here or a buttocks there.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #249

Jan 2015

Yeah, I really don't think The Slave and Countess Perverse would pass in many office environments, as awesome as they are.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #250
Special Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

It looks like half of the red case limiteds are sold so far.
If sales are good for Arrow Video's Sullivan's Travels then we might get a boxed set of Preston Sturges films from Arrow!
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #251
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
That is very good news
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #252
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
Not quite. But we are on our way.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #253
Special Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

Quote:
Not quite. But we are on our way.
Well, 253 left. I rounded.
If sales are good for Arrow Video's Sullivan's Travels then we might get a boxed set of Preston Sturges films from Arrow!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #254
Mondo Macabro Insider

Mar 2012

Quote:
OH, haha. I didn't even know you could see that.

I held back 50 copies to sell when we have the "Grand Opening" of the store later in February. So add those.
Thanks given by:
UseY0ur1llusi0n (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 11:28 PM   #255
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
The Ocean State

Der Fan red case ordered. I didn't want to miss this one. I'm very much looking forward to Girl Slaves of Morgana Le Fay.
”Always leave boiled rice out for mice and keep lamps dark out of pity for moths.” The ancients had this sort of concern, and it’s really the whole point of life, generation after generation. Without it, one can only be called a blockheaded carcass. - H.Z.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. - T.P.
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 02:10 AM   #256
Power Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
239 now; not bad...

Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 03:12 AM   #257
Expert Member

Jan 2012
San Diego, CA

Just grabbed a red case of Der Fan. Really looking forward to this!
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #258
Expert Member

Nov 2011

Just put my order in. Worked out around £27 according to PayPal, which is still cheaper than some of the german mediabooks I import, so it's not so bad.
| Instagram | Letterbox'd: BAKA |
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #259

Jan 2012
Central MA

Just placed an order for the limited edition today.

Glad to see Mondo Macabro getting into the Blu-ray game, and I'm excited to finally have a chance to see The Fan.

Also, I'd like to add my voice to the "down with combo packs" argument. I absolutely hate them.
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (01-28-2015), UseY0ur1llusi0n (01-28-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors