Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Justified: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$84.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grimm: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Get on Up (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 01-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #2461
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Great pics JJ.

I have never been entirely sure about all the white walls for a HT. However I have to hand you a medal for style. One thing that jumps out at ya about your HT is that it looks comfortable and a place you could hang and not want to leave. I've seen so many HT's that have forgot the word Home and look too clynical. I thing having a HT look special and reminding you that it is state of the art but not a cinema is most important. Always 10/10 dude.
Source: iPod 160G in Arcam DrDock, 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio), PS3 and PS4.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009(Atmos), 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW 1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Headgear: Woo WA22 (tube amp), Oppo HA-1 (DAC and amp), Audeze LCD-3.

BLU's FOR SALE
Old 01-30-2015, 01:14 AM   #2462
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
Definitely a great upgrade for 2015. Definitely will hit you up this summer. Going to be fun, thank you again.
Looking forward to it, bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Great pics JJ.

I have never been entirely sure about all the white walls for a HT. However I have to hand you a medal for style. One thing that jumps out at ya about your HT is that it looks comfortable and a place you could hang and not want to leave. I've seen so many HT's that have forgot the word Home and look too clynical. I thing having a HT look special and reminding you that it is state of the art but not a cinema is most important. Always 10/10 dude.
I said it over three years ago - white walls, white floors - lots of glass, high-ass ceilings - I knew it was all going to be about style at that point. Did you ever see my old room (8/2008 - 8/2011)? That was a far more light & acoustically controlled environment.

The one thing I do honestly wish is that I had more local buddies who enjoyed the hobby. My closest friends do like it, and we talk about it a lot, but they don't have any comparable (does that sound elitist? I hope not) set-ups. I can't wait until they do though, I told them I want to be there for the set-up! I think your comment made me tear up a bit. My ol' lady thanks you for the words, too
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Epson HC-5030ub - 92" DIY Screen - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
Thanks given by:
Aerodude73 (Today)
Old 01-30-2015, 06:13 AM   #2463
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post

I said it over three years ago - white walls, white floors - lots of glass, high-ass ceilings - I knew it was all going to be about style at that point. Did you ever see my old room (8/2008 - 8/2011)? That was a far more light & acoustically controlled environment.

The one thing I do honestly wish is that I had more local buddies who enjoyed the hobby. My closest friends do like it, and we talk about it a lot, but they don't have any comparable (does that sound elitist? I hope not) set-ups. I can't wait until they do though, I told them I want to be there for the set-up! I think your comment made me tear up a bit. My ol' lady thanks you for the words, too

Your old room had that style as well. Fantastic.

I know what you mean about buddies. Dude I'm in New Zealand. The land of sheep farmers. I get: why? And what is it? Couldn't you just buy tickets to the Cinemas?

Seriously if it wasn't for the Internet I would be intirely alone. Things like this comunity is so valuable.

You deserve the kind words. Your gear, home and style is one of the best. Possibly the very best.
Source: iPod 160G in Arcam DrDock, 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio), PS3 and PS4.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009(Atmos), 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW 1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Headgear: Woo WA22 (tube amp), Oppo HA-1 (DAC and amp), Audeze LCD-3.

BLU's FOR SALE
Old 01-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #2464
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #2465
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ

Good Morning, folks!

Finally saw "Guardians of the Galaxy" last night, it was a blast. Everything Marvel touches is gold, and nobody could've ever believed this obscure property could turn into the most cinematic fun I've had in some time.

Tonight I host my first official "movie night" for all my buddies since I completed 100% the projector system. Not a bad seat in the house.

Except for there aren't enough seats in the house. The sectional sits like, 5, and the dining room chairs add what, 4?

Going to pop "Fury" in since none of us have seen it. And don't tell me anything about it!
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Thanks given by:
Aerodude73 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #2466
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Good Morning, folks!

Finally saw "Guardians of the Galaxy" last night, it was a blast. Everything Marvel touches is gold, and nobody could've ever believed this obscure property could turn into the most cinematic fun I've had in some time.

Tonight I host my first official "movie night" for all my buddies since I completed 100% the projector system. Not a bad seat in the house.

Except for there aren't enough seats in the house. The sectional sits like, 5, and the dining room chairs add what, 4?

Going to pop "Fury" in since none of us have seen it. And don't tell me anything about it!
Sounds like someone's in the market for some folding chairs

I've yet to open my copy of Guardians and I got a lot of mixed reviews on that film. I guess I'll just have to see for myself
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS

Last edited by DangeRuss; Yesterday at 03:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #2467
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Sounds like someone's in the market for some folding chairs
And mess up the aesthetic of my place?! Blasphemy.

Standing room only. Bouncer at the door. Fire marshall says my capacity is now 10.
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #2468
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
And mess up the aesthetic of my place?! Blasphemy.

Standing room only. Bouncer at the door. Fire marshall says my capacity is now 10.
I hear you on the aesthetics of your space being put in disarray but it's only a temporary thing and your guests comfort should take presidence right ?

Besides you could always get these .................

[Show spoiler]

I'm just saying
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #2469
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
NOLA

Hi there JJ.

As you may know, McIntosh is now part of the same brand family as Sonus Faber. Both subs of Fine Sounds.

Would you be so good as to describe the sound your Venere's produce. I'd be very interested to know your thoughts. If they sound anywhere near as beautiful as the look, then...OMG!
I Love The Smell Of Ferrous Oxide In The Morning

Magnetic Tape: The Sovereign Talisman Of Sound

...f/k/a BluRayFred...
Old Today, 04:30 AM   #2470
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Good Morning, folks!

GotG was a fun ride indeed, glad you enjoyed it.

And seeing as it's been well over 12 hrs since ur post, I'm assuming you've watched (& enjoyed ), "FURY", which I really liked (saw it in a Dolby Atmos theater ). The AUDIO probably blew you away in your HT I'm sure.

Look forward to your thoughts/Review on it as well.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 1092*
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries