Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Earthflight: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.36
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Banshee: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Odd Thomas (Blu-ray)
$6.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #2421
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireduck1 View Post
Under $50 at the moment from Amazon.CA
I wonder if AmazonUS would PM that, like they did with the Halloween set?
Old 11-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #2422
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Long Island, N.Y.; 3D blu-rays look stunning; Favorite food: Pizza

If this set comes down to $50 in the USA I would pick it up. Bruce Lee was awesome. If I was a girl I would play with his nunchuck.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:47 AM   #2423
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
If this set comes down to $50 in the USA I would pick it up. Bruce Lee was awesome. If I was a girl I would play with his nunchuck.

For MARVEL:
http://i.imgur.com/wrXk8kg.gif
For Trade:
[Show spoiler] Thor:TDW (Zavvi SB)
CA:TWS (BBE SB)
Guardians (BBE SB)
Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 PM   #2424

Nov 2010

The price finally dropped after being at $75 forever! It only dropped $10, but it's better than nothing. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger on this now since I've had to wait so damn long for a price drop. Who knows how long it'll be before the next one and who knows how much that's actually gonna drop? The way I look at it, that's about $10 a movie + $25 for the swag. Since the transfers could've been better, I'd say that's too much per movie. So maybe I'll wait a bit longer, I've waited this long....
Blu-ray wishlist (in no particular order): Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, Howard the Duck, Dead Man on Campus, Pump Up the Volume, Dragnet & Doctor Detroit.

Proper blu-ray wishlist: The Warriors, Dawn of the Dead ('78), Young Guns, Dick Tracy & Once Bitten.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #2425
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias77 View Post
The price finally dropped after being at $75 forever! It only dropped $10, but it's better than nothing. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger on this now since I've had to wait so damn long for a price drop. Who knows how long it'll be before the next one and who knows how much that's actually gonna drop? The way I look at it, that's about $10 a movie + $25 for the swag. Since the transfers could've been better, I'd say that's too much per movie. So maybe I'll wait a bit longer, I've waited this long....
For MARVEL:
http://i.imgur.com/wrXk8kg.gif
For Trade:
[Show spoiler] Thor:TDW (Zavvi SB)
CA:TWS (BBE SB)
Guardians (BBE SB)
Old 03-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #2426

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernane View Post
The first ten minutes of the third movie looks like an upconverted VHS - not even a DVD looks that bad.
The Way of the Dragon? It's my favorite Bruce film, so it was the first I watched and I couldn't believe my eyes. It really looks like crap. I had to turn it off. They messed up the first scenes so badly. It looks like a combination of heavy DNR and almost a watercolor/photoshop effect where all the colors and shapes are blurred together. Terrible.

Does it get better?
Old 03-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #2427

Oct 2011
Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernane View Post
The best extras are on the DVDs, unfortunatelly.

The audio commentaries on the discs are just awful - quality bellow zero.

And the Game of Death disc is a disappointment - there are two versions available, the original (the worst one) and the Japanese version, which is a shorter version of the original one. I mean, less than 10 minutes of actual Bruce Lee footage... REALLY?! The only thing I liked about this disc is one extra, that montage with the original 40 minutes of footage shot while the Legend was still alive.

I wouldn't recommend this set to anyone, unless they REALLY NEED a Bruce Lee collection at this moment.
And I still have the old HKL 2-disc editions.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #2428

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
The Way of the Dragon? It's my favorite Bruce film, so it was the first I watched and I couldn't believe my eyes. It really looks like crap. I had to turn it off. They messed up the first scenes so badly. It looks like a combination of heavy DNR and almost a watercolor/photoshop effect where all the colors and shapes are blurred together. Terrible.

Does it get better?
Yes. It does. The PQ improves roughly after Lee's character leaves the airport with the girl. It's still kinda uneven and it never looks great great (due to the way the source elements have been treated over the years), but it never goes back to looking as bad as it did in the first 10 minutes.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #2429

Nov 2010

Ok...so it looks like I'm gonna be waiting a bit longer
Blu-ray wishlist (in no particular order): Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, Howard the Duck, Dead Man on Campus, Pump Up the Volume, Dragnet & Doctor Detroit.

Proper blu-ray wishlist: The Warriors, Dawn of the Dead ('78), Young Guns, Dick Tracy & Once Bitten.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:46 PM   #2430

Apr 2011
Mississippi, U.S.

My Walmart had several copies of this available for $7.88. I picked one up and tried to add it to my collection, but could only find it listed under Canadian releases.
Top 10 Most Wanted Blu-rays (1) Dark Age (2) Body Snatchers [1993] (3) Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (4) The Ref (5) Warlock [1989] (6) Scars of Dracula (7) Young Guns II (8) Freeway [1996] (9) Rawhead Rex (10) What About Bob?
Old 04-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #2431
Expert Member

Oct 2010
The Milky Way

The French are releasing some Bruce Lee movies on blu-ray - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/La-Fur...lu-ray/121947/

I'd be interested what sort of transfers these releases will have. Anyone have any info?
It's only a movie.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #2432
Expert Member

Mar 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
The French are releasing some Bruce Lee movies on blu-ray - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/La-Fur...lu-ray/121947/

I'd be interested what sort of transfers these releases will have. Anyone have any info?

Unless they found their own theatrical print and re-mastered it, then it would be the same old Fortune Star print that is already available everywhere else.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #2433

Jan 2012

Yeah, it seems Wal-Mart has that double-feature and Target carries the double-feature of the other two in the Legacy collection. Downside is that they don't contain many (if any) of the bonus materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBry View Post

My Walmart had several copies of this available for $7.88. I picked one up and tried to add it to my collection, but could only find it listed under Canadian releases.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #2434

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieben1138 View Post
Yeah, it seems Wal-Mart has that double-feature and Target carries the double-feature of the other two in the Legacy collection. Downside is that they don't contain many (if any) of the bonus materials.
I just picked up the Walmart double feature, anyone have a pic of the Target double?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America