Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.49
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
If I Stay (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 11-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #3841
Expert Member

May 2009

So, I wonder, did "Synchrony" air uncut in Germany yesterday? There are full-body burn stunts in the episode much like Season One's "Fire" and that episode was skipped. Did anyone see it?
Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM   #3842

Oct 2013
USA

Give me a timecode from the DVD, I'll look at the German airing and let you know for sure.
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM   #3843
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
Give me a timecode from the DVD, I'll look at the German airing and let you know for sure.
Starting at 19:10 or so you should see the Yonechi character erupt in flames with flailing arms in the foreground in front of shots of Mulder and Scully for about 10 seconds. Then at 39:20 old Jason erupts in flames holding onto his younger self, lasting until about 39:45. There are closeups of the stuntmen's hands on fire, faces of the actors with composited fire around them, and one fairly quick wide shot with both stuntmen fully engulfed.
Thanks given by:
Josh of the Decade (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM   #3844

Oct 2013
USA

Yep, it's all there. More screencaps later.

Thanks given by:
chip75 (Yesterday), Maxwell Everett (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:55 AM   #3845
Expert Member

May 2009

Awesome! I was worried this episode would be censored, or at worst, skipped as "Fire" was. Thankfully, neither of those happened.
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM   #3846

Oct 2013
USA

4x18 - Max

4x19 - Synchrony

Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (Yesterday), chip75 (Yesterday), iaragorn1 (Yesterday), Josh of the Decade (Yesterday), lucidhysteria (Yesterday), MulderWasTaken (Today)
Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM   #3847

Nov 2010
Southwest

Quote:
4x18 - Max

4x19 - Synchrony

It is a pleasure to see these shots. I want the HD widescreen Blu-Ray now. Thanks Lava Lander

Last edited by iaragorn1; Yesterday at 03:34 AM.
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM   #3848

Jul 2014

Quote:

Sweet Jesus! Not sure if I want to see these in HD. The X-Files was brutal sometimes.
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #3849
Special Member

Feb 2014

Thanks again for all of the HD widescreen screen-shots. And, after seeing these, I can't imagine purchasing a Blu X-files set unless the show is presented in the HD Widescreen format.

If they just present it in the full-screen format (even if it's HD), I will probably go ahead and just buy the DVD's - since there won't be that much difference....
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #3850

Mar 2012
Nomadic

Widescreen or not, there will be a huge difference in quality from the DVD releases to the Blurays. Guess there is no point in buying Season 5-9 again then if not.
OAR ?? Just ask the filmmakers :)

"We shot The X Files in Super 35 format and framed for 4:3" - John Bartley
"I'm imagining that they'll be released in 4:3" - Chris Carter
The fabulous episodes of BUFFY were not shot in a widescreen format. They were shot in the TV 4:3 ratio...Adding space to the sides simply for the sake of trying to look more cinematic would betray the very exact mise-en-scene I was trying to create" - Joss Whedon
Thanks given by:
El Comelon (Today), lucidhysteria (Yesterday), spawningblue (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #3851
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Boston, MA

re: those who have never seen XF, don't wait. i've seen the entire series every ep at least 3x including when they first aired and on various medium afterwards. i can say without a doubt it is absolutely my favorites series of all times.

the themes, stories and characters (especially the guest ones in addition to the already stellar duchovny and gillian) are amazing. there's really no other TV series including the wire that comes remotely close to the brilliance of XF. so please please pleease do not wait. just go ahead and get started and if anything, the Blu-Rays willl only help you reveal more!

re: aspect ratios. i'm very impressed with s1-s4 so far... didn't realize they had so much information to the left and right of the 4:3 frame. it'll be amazing to revisit this TV series once again!
Blu-Ray is so awesome! =)
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #3852
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

4x18 'Max' DVD to HDTV Comparisons

"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (Yesterday), MulderWasTaken (Today), sheldo (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #3853

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
re: aspect ratios. i'm very impressed with s1-s4 so far... didn't realize they had so much information to the left and right of the 4:3 frame. it'll be amazing to revisit this TV series once again!
I'm less impressed with S1 and S2.

I really despise cropping and I wish they hadn't done it to the masters. I wish they would favor ~ 1.66:1 in these cases, and if broadcasters want to fill the screen they can zoom it themselves.

Quote:
re: those who have never seen XF, don't wait. i've seen the entire series every ep at least 3x including when they first aired and on various medium afterwards. i can say without a doubt it is absolutely my favorites series of all times.
That being said, I've never watched the X-Files, not even one episode. But I am waiting for a proper HighDef release..
I just can't watch it in SD knowing that... eventually... hopefully... it will be released in HD
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #3854
Special Member

Feb 2014

Quote:

the themes, stories and characters (especially the guest ones in addition to the already stellar duchovny and gillian) are amazing. there's really no other TV series including the wire that comes remotely close to the brilliance of XF. so please please pleease do not wait. just go ahead and get started and if anything, the Blu-Rays willl only help you reveal more!

Well put, well said. Not sure if X-files if my all-time favorite TV series, but it's probably in my top five. I have a lot of nostalgia associated with the show since I was in college & watching the first couple of seasons when they were first broadcast circa 1993-1995. It's one of the few TV shows that have actually scared/disturbed me, especially the horror-centric episodes.

At the time, I actually thought the show was too good to be on broadcast network TV; there was defnitely nothing else like it, and since then the show has had a lot of imitators, but nothing close to being as good (Haven is one example; I enjoy the show & am watching it (currently on the early 3rd season), but it doesn't hold a candle to X-files...)
Thanks given by:
iank (Today), Josh of the Decade (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM   #3855

Jul 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh of the Decade View Post
Sweet Jesus! Not sure if I want to see these in HD. The X-Files was brutal sometimes.
Just wait until we get to "Hellbound!"
The extra "L" is for "typo."
Thanks given by:
Josh of the Decade (Today), mdh721 (Today)
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #3856

Jul 2014

My fiancee and I just finished our X-Files marathon, it's funny the ones that give you the creeps. She had nightmares after "Invocation" from Season 8. I thought it was all fairly tame & familiar until we watched "Theef," on my rubbish VHS player, an episode I thought I'd already seen but hadn't. Apparently it was one of those episodes Vince Gilligan & some others "gangbanged out" over a couple of days; But man, that was f***in' harrowing! Maybe I'm getting squeamish in my old age (couldn't deal with the last Game of Thrones series), or TXF still packs a punch.
Old Today, 02:44 AM   #3857
Special Member

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

You'll never look at a microwave the same way again.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #3858

May 2014

Signs and Wonders. Yeesh. Why did it have to be snakes!
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 07:50 PM   #3859
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

4x19 'Synchrony' DVD to HDTV Comparisons

"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (Today), ashedmaniac (Today)
Old Today, 07:52 PM   #3860

Mar 2014

Seasons 6-9 did have a lot of good/memorable episodes. I guess because they finished the Alien Mythology (mid season 6!) early, they had nothing to go on save for the Closure of Mulder's sister's disappearance.

I liked Robert Patrick for seasons 8-9 but that's when The X-Files really, REALLY felt more like a spin-off season. Would've worked had they reduced Mulder and Scully to recurring roles. The Super Soldiers storyline was crap, though! I'm sorry, it really was. I was fine with everything else except for that!

BTW, the Season 8 episode with the mind controlling slug is also cringe-worthy and creepy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists