Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.49
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
If I Stay (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #461

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Finally watched this and WOW is this movie bad. People warned me it was bad but I thought it would be bad in the same way Live Free or Die Hard was... not up to the standards of Die Hard, but still enjoyable. Nope! It was just terrible, as a Die Hard movie, action movie or anything else. Just BAD.

Wow.
Awful movie. I didn't even have to pay for a ticket and I felt ripped off. Plus I got out of the theater to find out I had a flat tire so I hate the movie even more.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #462
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Aye, it's shite. And not even the presence of blood and cursing could save it.
I know you're kidding, but interestingly the movie feels like a PG-13 film. The action is all comic style, there are very few (if any?) gory kills and none of the F-bombs were in big key jokes or moments. I don't know if they filmed for PG-13 with an R on DVD or if they just forgot how to make an R-rated movie, but the R did nothing for this piece of crap.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #463
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Finally watched this and WOW is this movie bad. People warned me it was bad but I thought it would be bad in the same way Live Free or Die Hard was... not up to the standards of Die Hard, but still enjoyable. Nope! It was just terrible, as a Die Hard movie, action movie or anything else. Just BAD.

Wow.
Live Free Die Hard was a great sequel.... it's not bad in any way....
Old 10-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #464
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
I know you're kidding, but interestingly the movie feels like a PG-13 film. The action is all comic style, there are very few (if any?) gory kills and none of the F-bombs were in big key jokes or moments. I don't know if they filmed for PG-13 with an R on DVD or if they just forgot how to make an R-rated movie, but the R did nothing for this piece of crap.
Well, exactly. It ties in to what I said in the Terminator Genisys thread about people not even knowing how to make decent R rated action any more.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #465
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:

Wow.
I really liked ... Live Free or Die Hard.
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those who are lucky enough to be loved.

Remember, folks : it's only 9 days, countdown time, until Black Friday!!!

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #466
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post
Live Free Die Hard was a great sequel.... it's not bad in any way....
Shit villain, annoying tech-speak spewing side-kick. That entire Loony Tunes truck vs fighter jet fiasco. Kevin Smith. The dialogue. Oh good lord, the dialogue.

I could go on.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #467
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Shit villain, annoying tech-speak spewing side-kick. That entire Loony Tunes truck vs fighter jet fiasco. Kevin Smith. The dialogue. Oh good lord, the dialogue.

I could go on.
you could but please don't....

I'll give you the scene with the fighter jet being outrageous but that's it. I liked Olyphant's villain.....
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (10-11-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #468
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Eh, I quite like Die Hard 4. It's not great but it's a reasonably entertaining couple of hours. Besides, Die Hard crossed over into Looney Tunes territory when they had McClane go truck surfing in DHWAV, and when him and Carver drop a hundred feet onto the ship's deck with barely a limp to show for it.
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (10-11-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #469
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post

I could go on.
Yeah, I can't go along with you there, pard, Olyphant and Maggie Q were great. Hell, it's probably even the only thing I've ever liked Justin Long in. Even Winstead was good - as opposed to A Good Day to Die Hard, where the kid playing McClain's kid sucked.

But hey, everybody doesn't like the same cuppa tea. I thought the second Die Hard movie was a total piece of crap, and am amazed they ever got to make Die Hard: With a Vengeance (great!) but I run into people all the time who think it was a classic. Go figure.
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those who are lucky enough to be loved.

Remember, folks : it's only 9 days, countdown time, until Black Friday!!!

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #470
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I like Live Free, just not as much as the original and With a Vengeance. It's probably better than 2, I dunno, my 80's nostalgia messes with me there. My main issue with Live Free is the comic action. Yes that started with the truck surfing, but that was a brief moment in With a Vengenace. All of Live Free feels like that.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:01 AM   #471

Jul 2012

Live Free was pretty fun, but a Good Day was absolutely ridiculous.

But I have a theory that makes both Live Free and Good Day a lot more fun for me to watch. John McClane died sometime inbetween 3 & 4 and is now a supernatural protector who guards his offspring. This would explain his seemingly superhuman abilities as seen in Live Free and Good Day. Sort of like a High Plains Drifter/Pale Rider scenario.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #472
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
I like Live Free, just not as much as the original and With a Vengeance. It's probably better than 2, I dunno, my 80's nostalgia messes with me there. My main issue with Live Free is the comic action. Yes that started with the truck surfing, but that was a brief moment in With a Vengenace. All of Live Free feels like that.
There's more of that Road Runner style action in DHWAV, like the aforementioned drop onto the ship and also the explosion of the ship itself. If they weren't vapourised by the blast then the concussion wave alone should have popped their innards like balloons. I *know* that that could be said about a lot of movies but they're literally just a few feet away from the ship when it goes up!

I think that's why I've always had a love/hate thing going on with that flick, it starts off in this tough, smashmouth manner but gets ludacrisly cartoony as it progresses. Not unlike DH4, actually. And at least Die Hard 2 is incredibly unrealistic from the get go, I actually appreciate it more for that because it settles on this overblown OTT tone for the violence very quickly and I know exactly what sort of ride I'm in for. I love Die Hard 2, always have.
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (10-11-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #473
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
There's more of that Road Runner style action in DHWAV, like the aforementioned drop onto the ship and also the explosion of the ship itself. If they weren't vapourised by the blast then the concussion wave alone should have popped their innards like balloons. I *know* that that could be said about a lot of movies but they're literally just a few feet away from the ship when it goes up!

I think that's why I've always had a love/hate thing going on with that flick, it starts off in this tough, smashmouth manner but gets ludacrisly cartoony as it progresses. Not unlike DH4, actually. And at least Die Hard 2 is incredibly unrealistic from the get go, I actually appreciate it more for that because it settles on this overblown OTT tone for the violence very quickly and I know exactly what sort of ride I'm in for. I love Die Hard 2, always have.
I don't think anything in WaV matches up to Willis surfing a jet, but I do take your points. I like Die Hard 2 as well, though I wonder if that's because I watched it 100 times on HBO as a kid and teen. Similarly I was 15 when WaV came out, and worshiped that damn movie. It's hard to separate nostalgia from quality sometimes.

I like all four, though. I just put the original and WaV on a different level, with 2 and Live Free below them. Still enjoy all four though.

Good Day is trash.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America