Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Blade Runner (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Home (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mrs. Doubtfire (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Poltergeist II: The Other Side / Poltergeist III (Blu-ray)
$7.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 06-28-2015, 07:25 AM   #621
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Does the UK Network set of year 1 have any 50Hz content on the blu-ray discs? If I'm not mistaken, the blu-rays have some HD extras and the remaining SD extras on on DVDs? So is the extra HD content in 23.976 or is it 50Hz? Just curious if the 50Hz will throw off my player.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #622
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Does the UK Network set of year 1 have any 50Hz content on the blu-ray discs? If I'm not mistaken, the blu-rays have some HD extras and the remaining SD extras on on DVDs? So is the extra HD content in 23.976 or is it 50Hz? Just curious if the 50Hz will throw off my player.
I watched the UK set through my US player not long after Xmas and never had any trouble.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:31 AM   #623
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

I received my UK Network set and popped in the first disc tonight. I gotta say, this is a really nice set. I own the A&E set also, but since it was on sale and I had some points to use I couldn't resist (it ended up costing me $10). It's a much better package than the A&E set. Nicer cover art (with the real Space:1999 titles, not the weird A&E font), nicer disc art, and a really nice full-color booklet with tons of detailed information on the series. A&E didn't even bother to include a booklet.

The episodes are identical to the A&E set, right down to the odd blue vertical line that runs along the extreme right of the screen, top to bottom. I hope that doesn't happen to year 2. It's barely noticeable if you're paying attention to the episode, but still, it shouldn't have happened. It's indeed region-free. My Panasonic had no problems playing it. I was curious what the framerate was on the content so I popped it into my PC blu-ray drive and scanned the files - all video content including logos, episodes and extras are all 24.000, so there's no funny 50Hz content to throw things off. My A&E discs are also 24.000 with the exception of the added A&E logo which is 29.970. The DVDs are of course PAL, and region-locked - my player wouldn't play them, but of course there are ways around that.

I'm still amazed at how good these year 1 episodes look. Year 2 has a lot to live up to after seeing how amazing these episodes turned out. Bright, colorful, and extremely detailed, I can't imagine it looking any better. The only complaints I have are the blue line and the lack of master audio. Otherwise it's an amazing set, with a huge amount of extras.

Last edited by mar3o; 07-02-2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #624

Jun 2008
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I received my UK Network set and popped in the first disc tonight. I gotta say, this is a really nice set.
Don't forget that besides the great booklet, the Network set has some PDF files (scripts and annuals) on the DVDs. These just couldn't be licensed in the US.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:38 AM   #625
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_k35 View Post
Don't forget that besides the great booklet, the Network set has some PDF files (scripts and annuals) on the DVDs. These just couldn't be licensed in the US.
Thanks for reminding me about the annuals. That is a really nice addition. I forgot about those.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:33 AM   #626

Feb 2010

I'm in the US myself but I may need to pick up on the UK set after all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
space 1999