COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
High School Confidential (Blu-ray)
$18.99
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Stagecoach (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #1

Mar 2008
United Kingdom Apartment 1303 (2012) April 8th 2013

Anyone know what the 3D is like on this movie? I've placed an early pre-order but would like to hear opinions.
<<<<Also have 7500+ dvds not added to my collection. Decided it was a losing battle. Also have several hundred blu-rays to add but only adding when watched as a rule of thumb.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #2

Aug 2012

Judging from the trailer, cheesy popcorn flick may try it out for the 3d if i see it for real cheap at the store "apartments dont kill people, people kill people" lmao!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #3

Mar 2008

Just received an e-mail concerning my pre-order. This has now been put back until June 24th.
<<<<Also have 7500+ dvds not added to my collection. Decided it was a losing battle. Also have several hundred blu-rays to add but only adding when watched as a rule of thumb.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #4

Oct 2011

The 3D looked pretty average in the trailer.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Smile a reply!

Just received a notification from these guys on facebook.

Telling me its a native film and its been released on Blu ray here in Oz and is available in the U.K June 6th.

Anyone seen this yet?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Expert Member

Oct 2008

The trailer looks pretty awful. I've put the original Japanese version in my Blockbuster queue to see if I can at least get some idea of what I'm getting into.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Picked this up for 11.99 in HMV today with lenticular slip, gonna watch it later and will then post my thoughts. I skipped to the second scene to just quickly gauge the 3D and it honestly looks great based on the brief moment I saw, looking pretty strong with an awesome shot as the camera pans up the apartment block to see it stretching upwards, it looked amazing.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Checked out the original Japanese version of this last night. It was pretty good up until the climax, which was waaaaaay over-the-top and goofy. Lots of plot holes left behind, and the "twist" at the end was both completely obvious and entirely nonsensical.

That said, comparing the original with the trailer for the remake, NONE of the scares in the American trailer were in the original - so clearly they've changed the movie quite a bit. Hopefully they fixed the ending.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Picked this up for 11.99 in HMV today with lenticular slip, gonna watch it later and will then post my thoughts. I skipped to the second scene to just quickly gauge the 3D and it honestly looks great based on the brief moment I saw, looking pretty strong with an awesome shot as the camera pans up the apartment block to see it stretching upwards, it looked amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
Checked out the original Japanese version of this last night. It was pretty good up until the climax, which was waaaaaay over-the-top and goofy. Lots of plot holes left behind, and the "twist" at the end was both completely obvious and entirely nonsensical.

That said, comparing the original with the trailer for the remake, NONE of the scares in the American trailer were in the original - so clearly they've changed the movie quite a bit. Hopefully they fixed the ending.
Sounds very promising for the 3D. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

OK the 3D was good however there is a problem. It's as if the Director made no attempt to try and frame shots for 3D or think up interesting 3D composition, so there's precious few moments where the good 3D has a chance to shine. Also a lot of the movie is set indoors, in the same two rooms almost. When we get into different locations it's a welcome change as the 3D looks much better here.

3D FAN

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #11
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Yeah, it's a very small-scale movie judging by the original. What did you think of the movie itself?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Its available for hire here in Oz and I picked it up the other day. Unfortunately I only got just over half an hour in.

I had good intentions to go back and finish it because it seemed ok if a little budget challenged.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
Yeah, it's a very small-scale movie judging by the original. What did you think of the movie itself?
I really, really wanted to like it but it felt so flat (not the 3D lol). It could have been so much better, they didn't dare enough I think.

3D FAN

Old 06-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
Power Member

Mar 2010

I watched about half an hour and turned it off. The acting was woeful, the storyline stupid and the 3D terrible. There were inverted shots everywhere in the short part I watched and it was full of surface reflections.

Avoid like the plague
Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #15

Jul 2008
Hove, UK

yep, rubbish film...

bad acting, which is mainly from a bad script. I looked on IMDB and apparently they hired a team from Hong Kong to help with the 3D, 3D looked ordinary to me

It finishes as if they run out of money.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I might give this a second watch tomorrow evening and see what I think then. It had so much potential to be something interesting. I maintain though, that the 3D is good, it's just the setting that limits it.

3D FAN

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies