COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Green Planet (Blu-ray)
$80.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Nymphomaniac: Volume II (Blu-ray)
$13.92
Dumbo (Blu-ray)
$14.96
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Jungle Book 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Power Member

Jan 2010
North Carolina
Default Panasonic DMP-BDt220 "Mode Not Supported"

I just got a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 and when I hook it up to my Samsung LN46B640 I get a message on the screen that says "Mode Not Supported." I get this message if I go through my receiver or hook it up directly to the TV. I even tried using the old yellow/white/red video cable, and still got the same message. I imagine that I need to change some output on the player, but I can't do that since I can't see the menu. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

I would try a hard reset of your BD player first as mode not supported is def a resolution problem even if your Samsung accepts all those output by your Panny (except 3D of course). If that doesn't resolve your problem, I would then contact Panasonic with the issue. Good luck
Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
Power Member

Jan 2010
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I would try a hard reset of your BD player first as mode not supported is def a resolution problem even if your Samsung accepts all those output by your Panny (except 3D of course). If that doesn't resolve your problem, I would then contact Panasonic with the issue. Good luck
Thanks for the advice. I just tried resetting the player, but unfortunately I still get the "Mode Not Supported" message.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Power Member

Jan 2010
North Carolina

After talking to Panasonic for about 20 minutes they decided that the unit is defective, so it is going back for a new one. Boo. Hopefully the new one works just fine!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #5

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt View Post
I just got a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 and when I hook it up to my Samsung LN46B640 I get a message on the screen that says "Mode Not Supported." I get this message if I go through my receiver or hook it up directly to the TV. I even tried using the old yellow/white/red video cable, and still got the same message. I imagine that I need to change some output on the player, but I can't do that since I can't see the menu. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Last year we bought the Samsung LCD 40D630 for our bedroom. It has a feature called "ALLSHARE." It's a wonderful feature if you have a Samsung product because it will automatically learn the other Samsung product's remote. The TV remote now becomes its remote. So if you have all Samsung products you need only one remote. The problem is, the Samsung remote WOULD NOT LEARN any other manufacturer's remote. We already had a Samsung DVD/VHS player and we solved the problem by getting a Samsung Blu-ray player. It's a second TV so all we needed was their base model. You may have to check to see if you have this ALLSHARE feature and if it can be turned off. I'm not an electronic wizard, just another forum member. I had a similiar problem with getting my Panasonic (older model) to work and how I resolved it. I don't know if this will help you but I hope it does.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
Power Member

Jan 2010
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray-neil View Post
Last year we bought the Samsung LCD 40D630 for our bedroom. It has a feature called "ALLSHARE." It's a wonderful feature if you have a Samsung product because it will automatically learn the other Samsung product's remote. The TV remote now becomes its remote. So if you have all Samsung products you need only one remote. The problem is, the Samsung remote WOULD NOT LEARN any other manufacturer's remote. We already had a Samsung DVD/VHS player and we solved the problem by getting a Samsung Blu-ray player. It's a second TV so all we needed was their base model. You may have to check to see if you have this ALLSHARE feature and if it can be turned off. I'm not an electronic wizard, just another forum member. I had a similiar problem with getting my Panasonic (older model) to work and how I resolved it. I don't know if this will help you but I hope it does.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried everything that anyone could think of, and nothing worked. Panasonic decided it was defective so I sent it back to Amazon. The replacement arrived this evening and works perfectly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders