Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
True Detective: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$47.99
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The NeverEnding Story (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.05
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 02-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #15221
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvonl View Post
Digital code removed, discs unplayed. Works for me.....
No problem with that at all, but that information should be in the post that linked it.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #15222

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
No problem with that at all, but that information should be in the post that linked it.
Agreed, some people just click and buy right away to make sure they get the deal. Again that would be their fault but still having all the information is always good to have and it helps people.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (02-08-2016), mogwai_macabre (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 PM   #15223
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

$15.99 Suffragette, like new, with slip and DC. Best price out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suffragette-...IAAOSw5dNWsVP8
Waiting for the all female blu-ray.com reboot.

Last edited by Snicket; 02-04-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #15224
Power Member

Jun 2013

This has gotta be a bootleg right? It's not even out officially

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Of-Thro...3D111837118559

EDIT:
there are a ton of these floating around on eBay
this one has even got an HBO series sticker on it!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-of-Thro...3D281928055277

Seriously if these are bootlegs they are going hard to make them look authentic. But I am pretty sure they are.

[Show spoiler]

If you want an answer quicker email me at my username at yahoo.com
Old 02-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #15225

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
This has gotta be a bootleg right? It's not even out officially

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Of-Thro...3D111837118559

EDIT:
there are a ton of these floating around on eBay
this one has even got an HBO series sticker on it!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-of-Thro...3D281928055277

Seriously if these are bootlegs they are going hard to make them look authentic. But I am pretty sure they are.

[Show spoiler]

The bootleg Walking Dead DVDs pull off that authentic appearance too. They even include the "New season in October" sticker that they place on the slipcover.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #15226
Special Member

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
The bootleg Walking Dead DVDs pull off that authentic appearance too. They even include the "New season in October" sticker that they place on the slipcover.
It isn't just HBO. Seemingly, I've run into 'mint' copies of full seasons of DVDs for shows like Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Once Upon a Time, and Downton Abbey that I've bought. What makes it hard to tell? They have slips, manufacturer grade wrapping, the discs look official, the undersides don't look burned...it looks the same as it did as when I see them in-store.

However, when I tried to trade some DVDs in, Amazon flagged the DVDs as unbuyable, citing "unauthorized discs". What the frick does this mean? Were they the best damn bootlegs I ever bought? Is there some sort of thing on the discs or the case that determine if it's 'authorized' or not?

Granted, I did worry about buying bootleg DVDs at times (the only instance I didn't care was for anime), but the copies I got look like the real thing.
I has Steam. All interested parties, message me at The Laughing_|BC| for gameplay and the like.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #15227

Jun 2013

They've gotten really good about making the bootlegs. Ebay doesn't care. The best way to test is to check the disc size in your computer. A real disc should be about 7GB, the fakes are around 3GB.
Thanks given by:
applemac (02-16-2016), Clark Kent (02-08-2016), Lt. Brannigan (02-08-2016)
Old 02-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #15228

Jun 2013

I feel like 70% of everything on eBay is bootlegs in terms of DVDs/Video games. I try to stay away unless I'm confident it is authentic.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:32 AM   #15229
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

A majority of complete DVD sets/television seasons on eBay are counterfeits. I have a season of Elementary purchased off eBay that looks identical to the regular retail set until you scan the DVDs for their info.
If your world has no heroes, become one.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:26 AM   #15230

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
A majority of complete DVD sets/television seasons on eBay are counterfeits. I have a season of Elementary purchased off eBay that looks identical to the regular retail set until you scan the DVDs for their info.
Ditto. I got bit on that series, and while I got a good price it was far from the "too good to be true" price that a lot of them tend to be listed. I wouldn't say it's all seasons/sets, but there's definitely a bunch. It does seem to be much more common with DVD seasons (or sets) of more recent series.

The easiest way to tell, aside from the packaging (which usually just seems a little "off") is that the overwhelming majority of counterfeits are single layer discs (whereas most recent DVD releases are DL).

What's most annoying to me is that no one seems to care. Most buyers never notice the difference - when the capacity of the disc is half, you're going to notice a definite difference in PQ. Despite this, many of these sellers have great feedback scores. Further, ebay and even the publishers themselves won't even respond when they're notified. So at the very least, I'd require photos of the items, and check them thoroughly upon receipt if you do decide to purchase (so you can file a claim). However, I'd not even take a chance on a newer series unless there was another way to feel more confident about its authenticity (one-off listing from a seller with complete photos and perhaps retailer specific packaging visible, etc).

Last edited by thetony; 02-08-2016 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #15231
Special Member

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetony View Post
Ditto. I got bit on that series, and while I got a good price it was far from the "too good to be true" price that a lot of them tend to be listed. I wouldn't say it's all seasons/sets, but there's definitely a bunch. It does seem to be much more common with DVD seasons (or sets) of more recent series.

The easiest way to tell, aside from the packaging (which usually just seems a little "off") is that the overwhelming majority of counterfeits are single layer discs (whereas most recent DVD releases are DL).

What's most annoying to me is that no one seems to care. Most buyers never notice the difference - when the capacity of the disc is half, you're going to notice a definite difference in PQ. Despite this, many of these sellers have great feedback scores. Further, ebay and even the publishers themselves won't even respond when they're notified. So at the very least, I'd require photos of the items, and check them thoroughly upon receipt if you do decide to purchase (so you can file a claim). However, I'd not even take a chance on a newer series unless there was another way to feel more confident about its authenticity (one-off listing from a seller with complete photos and perhaps retailer specific packaging visible, etc).
That's what's odd. Amazon seems to tell these discs are unauthorized/fake/not worth buying...but when I pop them in and watch them, the quality's not only on par with what I see on a lot of DVDs, it upscales in my player to where it can go and looks amazing. They still have their main menus, extra features, so on.
I has Steam. All interested parties, message me at The Laughing_|BC| for gameplay and the like.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #15232
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Besides the Season 1 repackage promo that came out for $14.99, HBO has not repackaged Game of Thrones in anything other then a digipak DVD release. Why start with Season 5? Guess I'll find out shortly before 3/15 when my store gets them in, but I fully anticipate them to be as thick as the previous seasons for consistency's sake.

Also, look at the listing you linked. The seller's name is 'c34hornets08', but the picture clearly shows a watermark cropped of a name ending in "mabria8"-- Definitely selling a fake if they can't provide their own pic when not using stock photo, IMO.
Sell me your VUDU Credits. Looking for slipcovers only:Luther Series 3 (DVD). PM ME!

Current VUDU Library Count: 1,994
Old 02-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #15233
Power Member

Jun 2013

I mean I have no intention of buying the sets, i was looking at another tv show and I saw it listed in the suggested items bar, and clicked. I perosnally intend to nab the BD on release at Walmart.

Just shocked that there are so many US based counterfeiters, I expect them from China etc, why I never buy any titles from there.

Thankfully I have only been personally burned once, and that was when I tried to buy the Complete Batman The Animated Series, and was only able to tell because of a typo in the episode guide. I really wanted that bonus disc (not gonna lie I watched the counterfeit copy before sending it back, since the odds of me every finding a reasonable priced legit copy are out of the question now.)

After that I just decided to buy the individual volumes from known retailers.

I guess lesson learned is never buy DvD sets off eBay since their likely a counterfeit.

I've yet to encounter a BD counterfeit, but i'm sure that time will come.

Last edited by bfett9; 02-08-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #15234
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
United States
-
-

Pit Stop (Code Red)
$6.50 shipped again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111874106746#ht_135wt_1130
A fan of The Classics and Genre Trash.
Thanks given by:
jcs913 (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #15235

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboyblu View Post

Pit Stop (Code Red)
$6.50 shipped again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111874106746#ht_135wt_1130
Alright you win. Snagged one.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #15236
Power Member

May 2010
Riverside, CA

Why are dvd's showing up on a blu-ray search? I've been noticing a rampant amount lately when doing a search.
Thanks given by:
applemac (02-16-2016), Clark Kent (02-16-2016), Hello ChoCho (02-11-2016), henry00x (02-16-2016), Jafar (02-11-2016), nathanw101 (02-18-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 03:25 AM   #15237

Mar 2014
Jersey

The Martian w/ slip & code (LN, 1 copy) - $9.24 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Martian-...sAAOSwKtVWwp-0
Old 02-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #15238
Special Member

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
I mean I have no intention of buying the sets, i was looking at another tv show and I saw it listed in the suggested items bar, and clicked. I perosnally intend to nab the BD on release at Walmart.

Just shocked that there are so many US based counterfeiters, I expect them from China etc, why I never buy any titles from there.

Thankfully I have only been personally burned once, and that was when I tried to buy the Complete Batman The Animated Series, and was only able to tell because of a typo in the episode guide. I really wanted that bonus disc (not gonna lie I watched the counterfeit copy before sending it back, since the odds of me every finding a reasonable priced legit copy are out of the question now.)

After that I just decided to buy the individual volumes from known retailers.

I guess lesson learned is never buy DvD sets off eBay since their likely a counterfeit.

I've yet to encounter a BD counterfeit, but i'm sure that time will come.
I just bought a new one for $55. Usually the counterfeit ones' outer box has typos in the wording on the outside. Fortunately the picture on display had no typos in the wording for the listing. When it arrives I will check it carefully. Or it will look like a much better counterfeit as of late. A wholesaler was selling them. The batman beyond complete series is still relatively priced though. Spent $55 on like new copies of all 3 seasons and return of the joker uncut. But the collectors edition box is still priced well.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #15239
Power Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
I just bought a new one for $55. Usually the counterfeit ones' outer box has typos in the wording on the outside. Fortunately the picture on display had no typos in the wording for the listing. When it arrives I will check it carefully. Or it will look like a much better counterfeit as of late. A wholesaler was selling them. The batman beyond complete series is still relatively priced though. Spent $55 on like new copies of all 3 seasons and return of the joker uncut. But the collectors edition box is still priced well.
I think it was frys that had the Batman Beyond Complete set for $40 or so I snatched it up then. Regardless at this point I will wait for the Blu Ray set that will never happen,
Old 02-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #15240
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiizim View Post
Why are dvd's showing up on a blu-ray search? I've been noticing a rampant amount lately when doing a search.
I've noticed that eBay has started resorting to Amazon's search practices. That includes expanding searches as widely as possible without user input, making it quite difficult to find exactly what you are looking for on eBay.
If your world has no heroes, become one.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals