Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Don Jon $5.99 (53% sold out)
Soon: The Dark Knight Rises $3.96 ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
12 hrs ago
Captain Phillips (Blu-ray)
$5.99
6 hrs ago
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Blu-ray)
$3.99
5 hrs ago
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
11 hrs ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
11 hrs ago
You're Next (Blu-ray)
$5.99
9 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
15 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.99

Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #101
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

I would say more often than not, I am completest and I will buy all of in a franchise even of some of them aren't that great.

That being said, there are definite exceptions. There are some cases of some straight to video sequels (i.e. the god awful looking Christmas Story 2), some quasi spin-off sequels (i.e. Son of the Mask), or some just utterly rechid sequels, often made WAY after the original (i.e. Blues Brothers 2000) in which I don't feel even a remote need to get the entire series.

Also for the sake of this discussion, I'm using the term sequel as more of a "catch-all", so this would include prequels, etc., where applicable.

And these aren't "hard" rules, per say. I'm not necessarily going to avoid any and all straight to video movies, for example, but some are more worthy of avoidance than others.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #102

Oct 2011
Death Star

No, earlier this year i got the Bourne Trilogy. and i refuse to buy the Bourne Legacy. One of the worst movies i've ever seen
100. The Dark Knight Rises 12/25/12
My Top Ten Favorite Movies Of All Time
1. Kill Bill 2. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 3. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest 4. Django Unchained 5. Pulp Fiction 6. E.T. 7. The Royal Tenenbaums 8. Drive 9.Star Wars V 10. Forrest Gump
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #103
Special Member

Jul 2011

Only on some things. I got OCD and bought every release of TDKR on Blu and sometimes need to have the whole set of films rather than just the ones I love.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #104

Jul 2011

Pretty much yes, but I'm pretty easy to please most of the time. An example: I don't particularly like Superman 3 or 4 but had zero qualms about getting them with the box set because I just like Superman so much. I'd rather have those than a movie I enjoy a little more or think is better but have no particular need to have on blu-ray, like say Groundhog Day. Fine movie, way better than those two, but it would add nothing to my collection whereas getting all the Superman's completes my DC comics movie collection.

On the other hand, here's an example of where I draw the line. I'm pretty much a sucker for any comic book movie and find something to like in all of them, but I absolutely hated that movie RED. Thought it was garbage. It wasn't even a real DC movie, it was a Wildstorm comic that folded into the imprint but then Summit slapped a big DC logo on it when it came to theaters. So do I feel compelled to own it? No, because I justified in my own mind I didn't need it to "complete" my collection as it isn't a true DC movie. Does that mean I'd get any piece of crap as long as it had superheroes in it though? Probably not, I have no real desire to ever own the Adam West Batman movie and I love all things Batman, I would however probably get it if it was $3 or something due to the collector mentality just because I like Batman and it completes my collection in some kind of logic. But I'd also buy Groundhog Day for that price. So I have standards lol!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America