Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Rose (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sullivan’s Travels (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Merchant of Four Seasons (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Thin Blue Line (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #1061
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
I just wanted to say that I am quite impressed with Warner Archives. I placed an order for five blus from their 5 for $50 deal and my package arrived exactly 50 hours after I had placed my order.
Lucky you. I ordered my 5 for $50 last Friday, and it still hasn't shipped.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old 02-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #1062

May 2013
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
I just got a Roku and started watching stuff from the Warner Archive. I watched THE PRIZE yesterday in HD. It's an unrestored print and not the greatest, but for HD streaming it was watchable. I haven't been able to find TCM on Demand on the Roku, which is a Roku 2. I have Dish satellite and get TCM in HD (Finally! True HD from TCM, though many of the films they show still haven't been remastered for HD. They showed CLOSE ENCOUNTERS the other day -- and it was unwatchable!). I'll keep hunting for TCM on Demand, though.
TCM on Demand is not available for Roku, or any other streaming box, unfortunately. What I do is I have an older Kindle Fire HD with HDMI out. I run the TCM app on that and connect the Kindle directly to my TV. This trick should work with any Android tablet or phone with HDMI out.
Current pre-orders:
03/03/2015: MGM Musicals Collection
03/17/2015: The Wild One
03/24/2015: Vincent and Theo
04/14/2015: Sullivan's Travels, Imitation of Life
04/28/2015: Convoy
05/05/2015: Anchors Aweigh, On the Town
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #1063

May 2013
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRI2006 View Post
Hope nobody was expecting TWICE UPON A TIME for Blu. The Archive tweeted out that "both versions" would be coming on DVD only. Someone even asked about Blu and they replied "nope...it's a really good DVD mastering".
That's disappointing. Sounds like they're satisfied with "very good dvd mastering." It also sounds like I shouldn't expect a blu ray upgrade of The Lusty Men any time soon. I almost included that title in my recent 5 for 50 order, but I didn't want to risk a potential double dip.
Current pre-orders:
03/03/2015: MGM Musicals Collection
03/17/2015: The Wild One
03/24/2015: Vincent and Theo
04/14/2015: Sullivan's Travels, Imitation of Life
04/28/2015: Convoy
05/05/2015: Anchors Aweigh, On the Town
Old 02-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #1064
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcherman View Post
That's disappointing. Sounds like they're satisfied with "very good dvd mastering." It also sounds like I shouldn't expect a blu ray upgrade of The Lusty Men any time soon. I almost included that title in my recent 5 for 50 order, but I didn't want to risk a potential double dip.
Yeah, I suspect that if they're thinking about doing a Blu-ray edition, they'd just do it straightaway rather than do a DVD-R now, and a Blu-ray later. About the only DVD-Rs of theirs on my radar now are series film sets like the Lex Barker-onwards Tarzan sets, and some individual titles from favorite directors like Fritz Lang and Jacques Tourneur that are unlikely to get Blued. Most of the DVD-Rs I've gotten from them so far are the Wheeler & Woosley releases.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."

Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #1065
Special Member

Jun 2009
Springfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Double check your order status on their website. I didn't receive a shipping email from them until the afternoon of the day my package arrived.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:41 PM   #1066
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Double check your order status on their website. I didn't receive a shipping email from them until the afternoon of the day my package arrived.
I have been. Still says "in process".

Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #1067
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
As it is now I think I would struggle to find five more titles that I want...
Welcome aboard
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 02-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #1068
Special Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrichard View Post
Warner Archives have been adding one to two titles a month on Blu-ray.
Since October 2013, it comes out to about one movie per month and a TV series every other month.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #1069

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcherman View Post
A heads up just in case you didn't know, that one is supposed to be a pressed disc on its initial run
Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #1070
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
My order is still "in process".

I'm guessing that it got caught up in the folding of Warner Archive into WB Shop.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #1071
Power Member

Feb 2011
London, UK

Asked on facebook about THEM!, TIME AFTER TIME and THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, Warner has said that one of these titles has been restored for Blu-ray release later this year and that the other two will likely follow.

With THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN announced in Germany, this might be a very good year for vintage sci-fi. Especially if Warner also releases VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED.
Thanks given by:
*PREACHER* (03-01-2015), baheidstu (03-02-2015), dsman71 (03-03-2015), jayembee (03-01-2015), kamphausd1 (03-01-2015), MifuneFan (03-01-2015), movieben1138 (03-01-2015), octagon (03-02-2015), oildude (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #1072

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie walker View Post
Asked on facebook about THEM!, TIME AFTER TIME and THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, Warner has said that one of these titles has been restored for Blu-ray release later this year and that the other two will likely follow.

With THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN announced in Germany, this might be a very good year for vintage sci-fi. Especially if Warner also releases VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED.
That title is probably "Them" which has been showing on the TMC HD channel the past year. It's a solid, if unspectacular upgrade.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #1073

Aug 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie walker View Post
"You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize!" - Mr. White
Old 03-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #1074

Oct 2013
NE Ohio

Great news about Them! And The Thing From Another World. Thank you for the info! Now if we could get The Valley of Gwangi and The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. Anyone willing to ask them about these great Harryhausen titles?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #1075
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post
That title is probably "Them" which has been showing on the TMC HD channel the past year. It's a solid, if unspectacular upgrade.
If it is Them!, it'll be a much welcomed upgrade from the open matte DVD. Plus, WHV always does more cleanup for their releases than what has been done for HD broadcast masters.
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #1076
Expert Member

Mar 2010

It's most likley "THEM" since it is the only film currently with a DCP - and most of Warners DCPs are on blu-ray
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors