COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue (Blu-ray)
$53.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Anaconda (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2010: The Year We Make Contact (Blu-ray)
$6.36
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$86.29
The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray)
$5.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
An American Girl: Isabelle Dances Into the Spotlight (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-08-2014, 05:03 AM   #421
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Warsteiner Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Dr. Strange isn't a captain jack character. The source material is one of the more serious stories Marvel has and Depp fits the character if he could actually get into character rather than playing himself like he does most of the time.

Adrien Brody is another actor Marvel should take a look at as well.
If Johnny Deep could channel his "Secret Window" and "Nick of Time" performances....then we'd have a winner. Alas, he won't be doing it anyways. I do believe he's capable of pulling off a good performance and always thought he'd be a great Riddler for Batman. He might be eyeing a different property depending on what resulted from his Marvel meeting....he's a good business man, he'd not let Marvel pull too much on the purse strings. Adrien Brody though....seems tailor made for this.
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop

What really happened to Farscape!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #422
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

Quote:
Lastly, he responded "we'll see" when asked if his take on Doctor Strange will have more of a horror tone than the other movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Not a chance. If Marvel has proven anything lately it's that they have a strict template for churning the MCU these days, and we're certainly not going to get a cool horror supernatural driven flick.
"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 06-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #423
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Not a chance. If Marvel has proven anything lately it's that they have a strict template for churning the MCU these days, and we're certainly not going to get a cool horror supernatural driven flick.

Template? Their last film was a 70s-esque political/espionage thriller and their next is a sci-fi space opera.
Click to See My List of Every Movie I've Ever Seen!

Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe: 1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2. Marvel's The Avengers 3. Captain America: The First Avenger 4. Iron Man 5. Iron Man 3 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Iron Man 2 8. Thor 9. The Incredible Hulk
Old 06-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #424
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
Template? Their last film was a 70s-esque political/espionage thriller and their next is a sci-fi space opera.

This. Never say never.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #425
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
This. Never say never.

In an increasingly superhero saturated market, the key to avoiding fatigue is diversification. I think Marvel is demonstrating this, so I wouldn't give up hope that they'll bring something unique to Doc Strange.

Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe: 1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2. Marvel's The Avengers 3. Captain America: The First Avenger 4. Iron Man 5. Iron Man 3 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Iron Man 2 8. Thor 9. The Incredible Hulk
Thanks given by:
Walts Ghost (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #426
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
In an increasingly superhero saturated market, the key to avoiding fatigue is diversification. I think Marvel is demonstrating this, so I wouldn't give up hope that they'll bring something unique to Doc Strange.

I think Phase 2 has showed that, as much as people complain about 'Iron Man 3', it was a techno thriller in the vein of a Tom Clancy novel. 'Thor 2' was much more of a fantasy epic. 'The Winter Solider' was a 70's political thriller. 'Guardians' is a space opera. They have a similar tone through the films, but it doesn't change the fact that they've tried different things with each one. I think it's safe to say 'Doctor Strange' will be very different than what came before.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Thanks given by:
Comicman494 (06-19-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #427
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Prometheus writer? Interesting.
ಠ_ಠ
Old 06-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #428
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
I think Phase 2 has showed that, as much as people complain about 'Iron Man 3', it was a techno thriller in the vein of a Tom Clancy novel. 'Thor 2' was much more of a fantasy epic. 'The Winter Solider' was a 70's political thriller. 'Guardians' is a space opera. They have a similar tone through the films, but it doesn't change the fact that they've tried different things with each one. I think it's safe to say 'Doctor Strange' will be very different than what came before.

Well put, my friend.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:38 AM   #429
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
‘Prometheus’ Writer Jon Spaihts to Pen Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange;’ Jared Leto On Short List

Ant-Man? Who’s that? The latest newsmaker for Marvel is strange. Dr. Stephen Strange, to be exact. Marvel recently announced Scott Derrickson (Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose) as director of Doctor Strange (or Dr. Strange; we’re not certain which title will be used) and now one more piece of the movie’s puzzle has been revealed. Jon Spaihts, best known for writing the first draft of Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, and also for the sci-fi / romance / thriller Passengers, has been hired to script.

After the break, we’ve got a few more details on that hire, and also Derrickson’s own comments about the project.

Info about Spaihts comes from Deadline, and from the writer himself.

Spaihts is the latest in a line of people who have contributed to the development of Strange, but he’s likely to stick it out until the end. At one point, the film was being written by Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. But now, word is they want to get started ASAP and have an impressive list of actors they’re going after for the lead role.

Who will play Strange, the surgeon who becomes the Sorcerer Surpreme of the Marvel Universe? We don’t know yet, but there is (of course) a short list. That list includes Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy, as previously reported, and Jared Leto is also officially on the list. That said, Leto was recently reported as the likely successor to Will Smith in Brilliance, which could rule out Strange.

Meanwhile, Derrickson has explained his interest in the character. Speaking to JoBlo he said:

Quote:
I think when you consider the work that I’ve done it makes sense that he’d be my favorite comic book character, at least in the Marvel universe. Probably the only comic character in that mainstream world that I’m suited to. I feel such an affinity for the character and the story and the ambition of those comics, especially the original Stan Lee and Steve Ditko “Strange Tales” – I think those are my favorite of all of them. The entire history of the comics is extraordinary.
(Strange Tales was for a time one of Marvel’s oldest comics. It began as an anthology in 1951, and helped usher in the “Marvel Age of Comics” when Jack Kirby returned to Marvel to work on the book in 1959. Kirby’s sci-fi monster stories were pretty nuts; track down reprints of the ’59-’61 stuff to read stories that are prototypes for what Marvel eventually became. Stephen Strange was introduced in the book in ’63, and a couple years later Strange Tales was also where Nick Fury was remade as a modern Agent of SHIELD.)
Derrickson continued,

Quote:
I wanted it really bad. More than any other project that I’ve gone after, I felt compelled to do everything in my power to get on that project. Genuinely felt like I was the right guy to do it…. I think the nicest surprise for me, the most unexpected surprise, is the positive reaction. Both to me getting the film – I guess I expected the detractors, and they just haven’t been there, it’s all been quite positive. More than that, it’s just the general enthusiasm for Doctor Strange. I think people who know the comic world and the Marvel universe, they all feel the same way I do, which is, ‘This is the Marvel movie we’re all ready to see now.’ This movie needs to exist. The outpouring of excitement that people have shown is the thing I’ve been most pleasantly surprised.
Slashfilm
Walt Disney

Follow me:

Last edited by Walts Ghost; 06-19-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #430
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Quote:
Guess my post wasn't good enough? Have at it, Walt.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-22-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #431
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Sounds great . Although, I cannot imagine Jared Leto playing Doctor Strange, if he does get the role .
Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #432
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Well, with Prometheus folk onboard, this can't possibly suck! .....I hope.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #433
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Sounds great . Although, I cannot imagine Jared Leto playing Doctor Strange, if he does get the role .
He does need a haircut.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #434
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
Default Doctor Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
Well, with Prometheus folk onboard, this can't possibly suck! .....I hope.

Well, with this particular one at least. As long as Ridley Scott isn't in the editing bay, we should be fine.
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 06-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #435
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
He does need a haircut.
Yes, I agree.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:29 AM   #436
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Edgar Ramirez Is Talking With Doctor Strange Team About A Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...m-about-a-role

i chatted with venezuelan actor edgar ramirez this weekend for his new supernatural thriller deliver us from evil, wherein he plays an unorthodox jesuit priest and exorcist. At the very end of the interview, i asked him if his deliver us from evil director scott derrickson had approached him about being in his next film, marvel's doctor strange.

"we're talking," replied ramirez. "we've been talking." he wouldn't specify if the part is that of doctor stephen strange or perhaps his nemesis baron mordo.

Ramirez's other credits include carlos, the bourne ultimatum, vantage point, zero dark thirty, wrath of the titans, che, and the new simon bolivar biopic the liberator. He'll next shoot the remake of point break where he plays bodhi, the role played in the original film by patrick swayze.

Ramirez popped up on the fanboy radar in 2011 for the role of khan in star trek into darkness. He passed on the role, which ultimately went to benedict cumberbatch who, as the casting gods would have it, is now reportedly up for the role of doctor strange. Could we see khan and the man who passed on being khan in the same film?

We need to emphasize again that it's just parties talking to each other about the project right now. It doesn't mean that edgar ramirez is attached, signed or committed to doing the doctor strange movie. It might not pan out. Either way, ramirez's incantation skills and demon-battling abilities are on display in deliver us from evil if you want to check it out when it opens july 2.

Marvel studios honcho kevin feige recently revealed that doctor strange starts filming in spring 2015 and that casting will happen within the next few months. Prometheus' jon spaihts is now rewriting the script.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!

Last edited by UK_fan_05; 06-24-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #437
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_fan_05 View Post
Edgar Ramirez Is Talking With Doctor Strange Team About A Role
Do you think he could play Doctor Strange ?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies