Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Alien: Covenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek Beyond 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #5201
cynatnite cynatnite is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
cynatnite's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN
508
381
42
34
Default

Best Buy is no longer selling this. Has it been discontinued altogether?
Happiness is not having to set the alarm for the next day.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #5202
JohnAV JohnAV is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
572
30
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynatnite View Post
Best Buy is no longer selling this. Has it been discontinued altogether?
They sell the UBD-M8500 and via Magnolia sell UBD-M9500, its a old model.

Back in March 2017
Quote:
According to 4kfilme.de in Germany, Samsung will come with 2 new models of 4K Ultra HD blu-ray players this year. UBD-M8500 and UBD-M9500. Release date for Europe is in May. Only the UBD-M9500 will have Bluetooth headphone support, and the UBD-M8500 will also not have the second HDMI out for audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #5203
cynatnite cynatnite is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
cynatnite's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN
508
381
42
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
They sell the UBD-M8500 and via Magnolia sell UBD-M9500, its a old model.

Back in March 2017
I saw the new players. I just hadn't realized they discontinued the K8500.
Happiness is not having to set the alarm for the next day.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #5204
Synchg Synchg is online now
Active Member
 
Jan 2011
Default

question, i got this player and a js8500 TV, when watching 4K HDR movies, do i leave the picture setting on TV to bd-wise or movie? i heard something about gamma curve being more accurate with bd-wise but 10points is disabled, yet movie-mode looks alil too red and is brighter. bd wise feels more balanced with hdr movies but lacking any punch. really curious what i should use
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07 AM   #5205
GeneD5 GeneD5 is offline
Power Member
 
GeneD5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
23
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchg View Post
question, i got this player and a js8500 TV, when watching 4K HDR movies, do i leave the picture setting on TV to bd-wise or movie? i heard something about gamma curve being more accurate with bd-wise but 10points is disabled, yet movie-mode looks alil too red and is brighter. bd wise feels more balanced with hdr movies but lacking any punch. really curious what i should use
I could be off, but I believe BD Wise means that for example if you are watching a 1080 blu, the player will automatically send out a 1080 signal (not upscale before the tv does).
TV: Samsung UN55KS8000
4k Bluray Player: Samsung UBD-K8500
Receiver: Denon AVR-1712
Center: Polk CSiA6
Fronts: Polk RTiA5
Surrounds: Polk FXiA6
Sub: Polk DSW PRO 550
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 PM   #5206
Synchg Synchg is online now
Active Member
 
Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneD5 View Post
I could be off, but I believe BD Wise means that for example if you are watching a 1080 blu, the player will automatically send out a 1080 signal (not upscale before the tv does).
it looks like it's just more than that, but it does send the original resolution source to TV, dvds keep get sent out as 480p, blu rays as 1080, 4k etc etc. Both picture modes detect HDR content. Interestingly enough, the cartooney color saturation is absent in BDWISE
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.