Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Eastbound & Down: The Complete… $7.99 (44% sold out)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
16 hrs ago
Captain Phillips (Blu-ray)
$5.99
10 hrs ago
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$7.99
8 hrs ago
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Blu-ray)
$3.99
9 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
15 hrs ago
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
19 hrs ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
15 hrs ago
Noah (Blu-ray)
$9.00
47 min ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

You're Next (Blu-ray)
$5.99
13 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.99

Shaun of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
Old 11-24-2014, 03:17 AM   #3161
Special Member

Nov 2009

Got my copy of The Dirt Bike Kid and while I couldn't be happier with this release there is one thing I am curious about:

On the back cover the Audio is listed as Mono, however my Blu Ray player is reading it as DTS-HD MA 2 CH? I'm guessing the back cover has a typo. Not a big deal just something I noticed.

Anyways thank you very much for this release Scorpion Releasing!
Panasonic Viera TC-P55VT60 - Onkyo TX-NR609 7.1 - (C) Infinity PC351, (FL/FR) Infinity P363's, (Rears) Infinity P163's
Old 11-24-2014, 03:39 AM   #3162
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasRetroKid View Post
Got my copy of The Dirt Bike Kid and while I couldn't be happier with this release there is one thing I am curious about:

On the back cover the Audio is listed as Mono, however my Blu Ray player is reading it as DTS-HD MA 2 CH? I'm guessing the back cover has a typo. Not a big deal just something I noticed.

Anyways thank you very much for this release Scorpion Releasing!
I don't have the disc, but it might not necessarily be a typo. It's not uncommon for a mono audio track to be authored to disc as 2.0 Mono, where each of the two channels are identical. Did you notice any differences in the audio coming from one channel vs. the other?
Old 11-24-2014, 03:46 AM   #3163
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
US of A

Finally arrived.

Thanks given by:
littleprince32 (11-24-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #3164
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I don't have the disc, but it might not necessarily be a typo. It's not uncommon for a mono audio track to be authored to disc as 2.0 Mono, where each of the two channels are identical. Did you notice any differences in the audio coming from one channel vs. the other?
Thanks for the info. I'll have to put my receiver in Direct mode for the audio and then see if the audio is identical coming out of both L and R speakers. Last night when I watched the film I had my receiver matrixing the audio to 7.1 and since the audio track is two channel, I suspect it was indeed spreading the audio around.

This would be the first (to my knowledge) Blu Ray in my collection where the Mono track is 2 CH. I recently watched films like Missing in Action and Death Wish 2 which are a single 1CH Mono track.
Panasonic Viera TC-P55VT60 - Onkyo TX-NR609 7.1 - (C) Infinity PC351, (FL/FR) Infinity P363's, (Rears) Infinity P163's
Old 11-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #3165
Special Member

Nov 2008
In the Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasRetroKid View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll have to put my receiver in Direct mode for the audio and then see if the audio is identical coming out of both L and R speakers. Last night when I watched the film I had my receiver matrixing the audio to 7.1 and since the audio track is two channel, I suspect it was indeed spreading the audio around.

This would be the first (to my knowledge) Blu Ray in my collection where the Mono track is 2 CH. I recently watched films like Missing in Action and Death Wish 2 which are a single 1CH Mono track.
I find 2CH Mono is more commonly used than single CH Mono tracks. Only Warner, Criterion, Blue Underground and Olive really use 1CH as a standard, MGM used both and almost everyone else using 2CH.
Going from my collection, there is twice as many with 2CH compared to 1CH.

The Kraken Godzilla releases in your collection are 2CH Mono.
Thanks given by:
DasRetroKid (11-24-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 02:45 AM   #3166
Expert Member

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Received my copy of SHM massacre today. I have no doubt that Scorpion will improve upon its shipping and order process in the future and will definitely be ordering direct from them for the next batch of LE blus.

Thank you for the hard work put into this release; its a reference transfer release within the horror blu genre.
ISO : Original Capitol / EMI IRON MAIDEN Cd's from the 1980's. PM me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
final exam, releasing, scorpion, scorpion releasing