Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Cinderella (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Lazarus Effect (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Vampyros Lesbos (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Cake (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Cell (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mulan / Mulan II (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #1861
Special Member

Aug 2009
Des Moines, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwoArms View Post
Night at the Museum 3 - $8.49
Alexander and the Terrible... - $6.99
Nightcrawler - $6.99

All retail.
TGGF3E8D code has expired,please update your page.If there is a new $5.00 off code,please post. Thanks
Old 04-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #1862
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

I'll wait for another free shipping sale. Yes, that $1.99 per order is a big disincentive to a cheapskate like me, especially when I'd only be ordering a few. I think Equalizer, Sabotage, and maybe 22 Jump Street (it was very mediocre and unfunny but my OCD completion will make me buy it someday). Other possibilities are: Giver, Into the Storm, and When the Game Stands Tall which would all be blind buys. I haven't yet checked the 2nd page to see if they're all full retail versions.

$5 is as high as I can pay on full retail versions that have their DVDs removed from the combo pack or may have the artwork cut up and have stickers on the hubs. John Wick, Nightcrawler, etc. will have to drop to $5... or I'll just buy them for under $10 brand new.

I would've gotten The Maze Runner and Expendables 3, but that drop to $5 occurred 1 or 2 days after my Target return period ending on the new retail versions I got for $10 - 5% RC = $9.50. I hate those sticker hubs so much that it's worth paying a few dollars more for clean, new versions... $4.50 more is right on the edge.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #1863
Expert Member

Feb 2010
NYC

Received Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and it was a rental copy
Old 04-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #1864
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
Received Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and it was a rental copy
That sucks. It looks like there are both retail and rental available for this one. I've only seen retail copies at the stores around here. When you get a chance, let us know what is missing from the retail copies and I'll update the second post.

Any chance it's just the 2D disc from the 3D combo and not an actual rental version?
Old 04-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #1865
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxx View Post
I'll wait for another free shipping sale. Yes, that $1.99 per order is a big disincentive to a cheapskate like me, especially when I'd only be ordering a few. I think Equalizer, Sabotage, and maybe 22 Jump Street (it was very mediocre and unfunny but my OCD completion will make me buy it someday). Other possibilities are: Giver, Into the Storm, and When the Game Stands Tall which would all be blind buys. I haven't yet checked the 2nd page to see if they're all full retail versions.

$5 is as high as I can pay on full retail versions that have their DVDs removed from the combo pack or may have the artwork cut up and have stickers on the hubs. John Wick, Nightcrawler, etc. will have to drop to $5... or I'll just buy them for under $10 brand new.

I would've gotten The Maze Runner and Expendables 3, but that drop to $5 occurred 1 or 2 days after my Target return period ending on the new retail versions I got for $10 - 5% RC = $9.50. I hate those sticker hubs so much that it's worth paying a few dollars more for clean, new versions... $4.50 more is right on the edge.
Both movies: John Wick and The Expendables 3 from Family Video, does not have lossless audio. Their blu-ray copies only have Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. I returned John Wick for that very reason, and they issued me a refund.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #1866
Expert Member

Feb 2010
NYC

Quote:
That sucks. It looks like there are both retail and rental available for this one. I've only seen retail copies at the stores around here. When you get a chance, let us know what is missing from the retail copies and I'll update the second post.

Any chance it's just the 2D disc from the 3D combo and not an actual rental version?
The DVD cover art says rental exclusive...so I am pretty sure this was the renal only release.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #1867

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxx View Post

Really!? $2 to ship any amount and that's too much. As it ever occurred to you that if $2 is too much maybe you shouldn't be spending any money on leisure items like blu rays?
HT Items for sale: Buttkicker, Acoustic Panels,JBL 8340A speakers, A-lens mount http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=250991
Thanks given by:
DuranFanWI (04-18-2015), FiendCameron (04-17-2015), MikeScott (Today), Quake1028 (04-18-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #1868

Jul 2010
Iowa, USA

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, Unbroken, and Top Five added for $9.99 each.
PSN ID: pts1985
Set up:
50" Samsung 1080p Display
5.1 Samsung home theater system
Playstation 4
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
Dish Hopper

Last edited by perfectionthrusilenc; 04-18-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:02 AM   #1869
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
Received today:

Received today:

"Perhaps Today"
"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"
"As cool as the other side of the pillow"
" R-E-L-A-X relax"
"C'Mon Man!"
"Asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve"...

TIGERS (10-2)
Old 04-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #1870
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
Received today:

Received today:

"Perhaps Today"
"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"
"As cool as the other side of the pillow"
" R-E-L-A-X relax"
"C'Mon Man!"
"Asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve"...

TIGERS (10-2)
Old 04-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #1871
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
Really!? $2 to ship any amount and that's too much. As it ever occurred to you that if $2 is too much maybe you shouldn't be spending any money on leisure items like blu rays?
Don't poke the bear. It really does no good. All he'll do is post another long drawn out rambling justifying his reasonings.
Latest Additions:
Guardians of the Galaxy, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Arrow: Season 2, 22 Jump Street

Last watched: Guardians of the Galaxy

2014 AL Central Division Champs http://tigers.com
Thanks given by:
Lt. Brannigan (04-18-2015), tylerdurden10 (04-19-2015), WillieMLF (Yesterday)
Old 04-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #1872

Jun 2010

Quote:
I'm the same way. For most movies, I don't need them right away anyway. I just wait for a free shipping code and get the ones I want then. By that time, most are cheaper anyway. I have so many movies that I have purchased at great prices I haven't even watched yet. I just stock up when there is free shipping, black Friday, or if amazon has a great deal(I have prime).
Home Theater: 55" Vizio LCD, JVC AVR591 Receiver, Bose Center Channel, JBL surrounds, dual JBL 15" subs. PS3.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:27 AM   #1873
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
$5 sale on 49 USED blurays
[Show spoiler]
22 Jump Street
3 Days to Kill
300: Rise of an Empire
47 Ronin
Amazing Spider-Man 2
American Hustle
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
August: Osage County
Bad Words
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Delivery Man
Dolphin Tale 2
Drive Hard
Elysium
Equalizer
Expendables 3
Fault in Our Stars
Giver
Grudge Match
Hercules
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Into the Storm
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Lee Daniels' The Butler
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Lone Survivor
Maze Runner
Million Ways to Die in the West
Monuments Men
Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Neighbors
Noah
Non-Stop
Other Woman
Purge: Anarchy
Rage
Ride Along
Rio 2
RoboCop
Sabotage
Sex Tape
Sin City: A Dame to Kill 3D
Sin City: A Dame To Kill 2D
Tammy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Blu-ray Disc
Transcendence
Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-ray
When the Game Stands Tall
Wolf of Wall Street
Thanks for posting btw I went ahead and ordered 6 movies Ive wanted to see for a while.
R.I.P TOP GEAR 2002-2015 #Clarkson #Hammond #May
My gear
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
Xbox One /PS4
I Love Taylor Swift
R.I.P Paul Walker 11-30-2013
Thanks given by:
bigjim25 (04-19-2015)
Old 04-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #1874
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Both movies: John Wick and The Expendables 3 from Family Video, does not have lossless audio. Their blu-ray copies only have Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. I returned John Wick for that very reason, and they issued me a refund.
Thanks for the warning. I marked John Wick as a do-not-buy-used in my list. The fact studios make separate crapola releases for the rental market and that dealers of these used BDs don't bother to label which version you get is evil and the reason why most of my used BD purchases are only done at B&Ms where I can see what I'm getting (and even then some packages are deceptively labeled in more pure evil... Trouble with the Curve being a great example... no markings about rental or anything to tell the difference except the special features on the back of the cover).
Quote:
$2 is too much for me on a small order of just a few items especially when I factor in they are going to be missing the DVDs from the combo packs and have stickers on the hubs. It doesn't mean I'm not going to collect BDs but simply wait for a better price or free shipping or buy them new for slightly more. I keep telling myself not to cave in too early because every time I do there are price drops. It's only a handful of items that do not drop in price. Predicting which ones is often tough though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody88 View Post
Don't poke the bear. It really does no good. All he'll do is post another long drawn out rambling justifying his reasonings.
You know me too well. But I'm not going to make a long post because I don't have time nor feel like it right now.
Old Today, 02:58 AM   #1875
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Well, that was quick. Interstellar (retail copy) is available for $9.99.
Old Today, 03:01 AM   #1876
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Quote:
Well, that was quick. Interstellar (retail copy) is available for $9.99.

For retail editions with a second disc of bonus features, does Family Video include them with the pre-viewed/used movie disc?
Old Today, 03:28 AM   #1877
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
For retail editions with a second disc of bonus features, does Family Video include them with the pre-viewed/used movie disc?
I seem to remember receiving a bonus disc before when buying in store, but I can't think of a title off the top of my head that had a separate disc (that I bought from them) right now. If you can think of any that would fall into this category, I can check to see if I bought it there and if it had came with the bonus disc. Or maybe someone else could do the same.

I'm assuming it would, but I really don't know for sure.

edit: Just thought of a couple and checked both of them. Akira and Metallica Through the Never both came with the bonus disc.

Last edited by MrTwoArms; Today at 03:59 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals