Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.69
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Pokémon: The Movies 1-3 Collection: Pokémon: The First Movie / Pokémon: The Movie 2000 / Pokémon 3: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.27
The Flash: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.19
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.95
The Jungle Book (Blu-ray)
$20.69
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Finding Dory 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.19
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 06-09-2016, 11:06 PM   #561

May 2013

Now, King of Hearts is coming too? More de Broca is always nice. Hopefully they could get their hands on Cartouche one day.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:27 PM   #562
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Just an FYI, DVD Planet has some of the newer Cohen titles at pretty decent prices right now.

Also, if you spend more than $60, you can use coupon code SPOCK, for an extra 10% off.

In their search bar, search for the term COHEN MEDIA GROUP and sort by Blu-ray and newest available.
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. -The Big Lebowski (1998)
Old 06-28-2016, 03:00 AM   #563
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Old 06-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #564
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Howards End 4K Restoration Trailer

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19327

Quote:
Cohen Media has sent us the an official trailer for the recent 4K restoration of dierctor James Ivory's classic film Howards End (1992), starring Anthony Hopkins, Vanessa Redgrave, Helena Bonham Carter, Emma Thompson, and James Wilby.

A Blu-ray release of the 4K restoration is expected to be announced soon.

Restoration credits:

4K restoration from the original camera negative and magnetic soundtrack held at the archive of the George Eastman Museum
Digital restoration completed by Cineric Portugal
5.1 audio track restoration by Audio Mechanics (Burbank)
Color grading by Deluxe Restoration (London) under the supervision of cinematographer Tony Pierce-Roberts and director James Ivory

Synopsis: One of Merchant Ivory's undisputed masterpieces, this adaptation of E.M. Forster's classic 1910 novel is a saga of class relations and changing times in Edwardian England. Margaret Schlegel (Emma Thompson) and her sister Helen (Helena Bonham Carter) become involved with two couples: a wealthy, conservative industrialist (Anthony Hopkins) and his wife (Vanessa Redgrave), and a working-class man (Samuel West) and his mistress (Niccola Duffet). The interwoven fates and misfortunes of these three families and the diverging trajectories of the two sisters' lives are connected to the ownership of Howards End, a beloved country home. A compelling, brilliantly acted study of one woman's struggle to maintain her ideals and integrity in the face of Edwardian society's moribund conformist values.
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 06-29-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Thanks given by:
Brad1963 (06-30-2016), Namuhana (06-29-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 09:29 PM   #565
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The People vs. Fritz Bauer

WINNER OF SIX GERMAN OSCAR AWARDS

Quote:
Germany, 1957. Attorney General Fritz Bauer receives crucial evidence on the whereabouts of SS-Obersturmbannführer Adolf Eichmann. The lieutenant colonel, responsible for the mass deportation of the Jews, is allegedly hiding in Buenos Aires. Bauer, himself Jewish, has been trying to take crimes from the Third Reich to court ever since his return from Danish exile. However, with no success so far due to the fierce German determination to repress its sinister past. Because of his distrust in the German justice system, Fritz Bauer contacts the Israeli secret service Mossad, and, by doing so, commits treason. Bauer is not seeking revenge for the Holocaust -- he is concerned with the German future.

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 07-16-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:00 AM   #566
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydreamer View Post
So, this is the norm now, unfortunately.
It's on my way, and hope to receive it today.
I assume the booklets are the next thing to go after the lossless audio and this.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:15 AM   #567
Expert Member

Sep 2014
California

Has Cohen ever had a sale?
Looking to buy:
Mysterious Island Encore Edition
Experiment in Terror
Our Man Flint
Old 07-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #568
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_31 View Post
Don't think so, but they're reasonably priced at Deep Discount, especially with a coupon
Old 07-16-2016, 01:20 AM   #569
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_31 View Post
DeepDiscount has them 50-60% off sometimes. Just keep tabs there. I don't see much better discounts than that.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:11 AM   #570
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee View Post
Received today from DVD Planet:

Hmm...blue case
Quote:
Originally Posted by easydreamer View Post
So, this is the norm now, unfortunately.
It's on my way, and hope to receive it today.
Yes, it does appear that they've gone to the dark side and switched to standard blue cases. I've got three of their four May releases -- City of Women, A Married Woman, and The Films of Maurice Pialat: Volume 1, and all are in blue cases.
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old 07-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #571
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTIAN CARION: COME WHAT MAY

Winner Critics Award - COLCOA 2016

Nominated for Cesar Award for Best Original Music (Meilleure musique originale)
Ennio Morricone

Quote:
May 1940. To escape the imminent German invasion, the inhabitants of a small village in northern France flee their homes, like so many millions of their compatriots. Max, a German boy, travels with them. His father, Hans, opposed the Nazi regime and was imprisoned in Arras for having lied about his nationality. Hans is eventually set free and sets off to find his son, accompanied by a Scottish soldier who is trying to get back home.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:21 AM   #572

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Yes, it does appear that they've gone to the dark side and switched to standard blue cases. I've got three of their four May releases -- City of Women, A Married Woman, and The Films of Maurice Pialat: Volume 1, and all are in blue cases.
Not only they started using the blue standard cases, they also raised the MSRP for some titles. For example, the MSRP for Under the Sun of Satan is $49.98 & the one for Van Gogh is $55.99. Granted, both of them are 2-disc releases, but the former appears to be 2 BD25s. While the latter looks like 2 BD50s, the MoC version of the same title is 1 disc with all the extras.

I wonder where they are heading now...
Old 07-21-2016, 12:29 AM   #573
Special Member

Dec 2013

I could care less about the cases, but I do hope the habit of releasing premium priced titles with lossy sound is over.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:38 AM   #574

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
FROM DIRECTOR CHRISTIAN CARION: COME WHAT MAY

Winner Critics Award - COLCOA 2016

Nominated for Cesar Award for Best Original Music (Meilleure musique originale)
Ennio Morricone

COME WHAT MAY - Official Theatrical Trailer (HD) - YouTube

Once again, Cohen puts together the best trailers, whether their own creations or a theatrical version like this. Never heard of Come What May, but the trailer - like so many others they have released - has me hooked.
Twilight Time Release Schedule Thread

The Samuel Fuller on Blu-ray Thread

"The last time a man opened the door for me, we were going 60 miles an hour" - Christa, Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street (1973)
Old 07-21-2016, 09:58 AM   #575

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi92 View Post
I could care less about the cases, but I do hope the habit of releasing premium priced titles with lossy sound is over.
I hope so, too. I wonder if including the lossless audio costs them extra money. I don't think so, as it's just the matter of encoding, but why on earth they dropped the lossless audio all of a sudden is beyond me...
Old 07-24-2016, 04:15 AM   #576
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drat View Post
Any idea when Hitchcock/Truffaut will be announced? Seems like it should have a release date by now.
I just saw a promo on HBO for this. They are airing it starting Aug 8. Not the same as having the disc, but I am going watch it and hold it hostage in my DVR until a disc is released.
The Criterion Collection (or simply Criterion) is an American video-distribution company which specializes in licensing "important classic and contemporary films" and selling them to film aficionados.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #577
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Diary of a Chambermaid Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19509

Quote:
The Cohen Media Group will bring to Blu-ray acclaimed director Benoît Jacquot's latest film Diary of a Chambermaid (2015), starring Léa Seydoux, Vincent Lindon, and Clotilde Mollet. The release will be available for purchase on October 4.

Léa Seydoux follows in the footsteps of Paulette Goddard and Jeanne Moreau as Célestine, a resentful young Parisian chambermaid who finds herself exiled to a position in the provinces where she immediately chafes against the noxious iron rules and pettiness of her high-handed bourgeois mistress (Clotilde Mollet), must rebuff the groping advances of Monsieur (Hervé Pierre), and reckon with her fascination with the earthy, brooding gardener Joseph (Vincent Lindon).

Backtracking past the fetishism of Buńuel's version to Octave Mirbeau's original 1900 novel, Benoît Jacquot has one eye on contemporary France: the sense of social stiflement, Célestine's humiliating submission to Madame's onerous terms of employment, Joseph's virulent anti-Semitism. But the turn-of-the-century setting saw the rise of Freud ideas about the human unconscious and so Jacquot takes care to look past the characters' outward behavior and appearance to the repression and compulsions that lie behind.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:39 AM   #578

Dec 2009
With the Ale and Quail Club on a train to Palm Beach

It would be good if the OP were up to date. I use the OP to keep up with what I want to pick up, but I see the last update was in December. I know announcements have been posted in this thread since then, but how many have been released?

Sorry if this sounds like a nag....I don't mean it to. Just a friendly request to the thread keeper (is it now Pro-b??) that if you have time, could you please bring it up to date while the current Deep Discount sale is going on (ends on 7/28). I know keeping up the first post of a release thread is work, so you have my respect (and sympathies).
Twilight Time Release Schedule Thread

The Samuel Fuller on Blu-ray Thread

"The last time a man opened the door for me, we were going 60 miles an hour" - Christa, Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street (1973)
Old 07-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #579
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildude View Post
Just a friendly request to the thread keeper (is it now Pro-b??)...)
Hey Oildude

I will do it this week. We were actually waiting to see if we should move all Cohen titles under one name (there are two listings at the moment: Cohen Media and Cohen Film Collection), but we will take care of it this week.

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 07-27-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #580
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Hey Oildude

I will do it this week. We were actually waiting to see if we should move all Cohen titles under one name (there are two listings at the moment: Cohen Media and Cohen Film Collection), but we will take care of it this week.

Pro-B
I think it would be helpful to separate the Cohen Film Collection and Cohen Media Group titles. Be advised, though, that the database doesn't have these straight. Some titles are in the db as CFC when they are CMG, and vice versa. It doesn't help that sometimes the cover mock-up is wrong (I've mentioned this before, but the cover mock-up in the database for -- for example -- Timbuktu shows the CFC banner, when the actual released disc says CMG).

There may be an exception or two, but generally speaking, films that were released (theatrical release, not BD release) from 2010 on are bannered "Cohen Media Group" and those from earlier are bannered "Cohen Film Collection" (the most recent CFC title that I know of is Costa-Gavras's Amen, from 2002).
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors