COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.82
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Ken Burns: The Roosevelts (Blu-ray)
$76.89
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Breakheart Pass (Blu-ray)
$17.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #301
Nyogen Nyogen is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyogen View Post
Yes my friend, the Spanish i want is Mexican/Latin America because im from Chile South America.
This pack but in Castilian Spanish is in amazon.es and i want know if the pack of amazon.com come Mexican/Latin America Spanish.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english.

Up, answer me please
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #302
iwalkwithedead iwalkwithedead is offline
Junior Member
 
iwalkwithedead's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
1
17
1
Default

I find it odd that 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' is different from the other disc.

Not only does it say "Disc 1 Movie" but also the bottom of the disc has the "Blu-ray Disc" name/logo on top of this blue shape.

very odd.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #303
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkwithedead View Post
I find it odd that 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' is different from the other disc.

Not only does it say "Disc 1 Movie" but also the bottom of the disc has the "Blu-ray Disc" name/logo on top of this blue shape.

very odd.
That's because Warner included Disc 2 of HBP in various box sets up until this 8-film set, when they decided to include only the movie discs of the last three movies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #304
benji888578 benji888578 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2013
124
15
Default

This 8-disc set is now on sale at Best Buy for $49.99 (I have a couple used blu-rays I picked up at blockbuster liquidation, but rental discs, and no DVDs, so I want the movies on blu).

QUESTION: anyone own the UK 11-disc set? Are there some great special features or just fluff? ...I can get it here for $48.75: http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-C...dp/B00AQNOCZ0/ ...OR here for under $45 (including ship cost), but wait for it to ship from UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter...dp/B00543RC0Y/

Or am I ok with just picking this 8-disc set up at Best Buy this week, (minus the 3 special features discs)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #305
dsman71 dsman71 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dsman71's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
765
978
Default

Good thing I read this thread..

I was thinking of getting this release
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OCFHHK?...I2EORZNPBPT6QF

or this release
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00543RC0...I17IODOIY858FQ


the USA version has extras according to the photos... but the UK release seems to have more extras. I currently own the UE editions of 1,2 & 8 part 2 while I own the single blu ray editions of 3-8 part 1...some have 1 disc some have 2 discs, some have slipcovers.. I was thinking of just keeping them separate but part of me wants to unify them and get a box set..
Decisions decisions
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #306
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Power Member
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Good thing I read this thread..

I was thinking of getting this release
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OCFHHK?...I2EORZNPBPT6QF

or this release
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00543RC0...I17IODOIY858FQ


the USA version has extras according to the photos... but the UK release seems to have more extras. I currently own the UE editions of 1,2 & 8 part 2 while I own the single blu ray editions of 3-8 part 1...some have 1 disc some have 2 discs, some have slipcovers.. I was thinking of just keeping them separate but part of me wants to unify them and get a box set..
Decisions decisions
Yes, the UK 8 film set has more extras than the US 8 film set, but not more than the versions that you already own. In fact, it'd be a downgrade since you have the UEs of 1 and 2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #307
benji888578 benji888578 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2013
124
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Yes, the UK 8 film set has more extras than the US 8 film set, but not more than the versions that you already own. In fact, it'd be a downgrade since you have the UEs of 1 and 2.
I also think the only way to get more extras than you already have is to get the hogwarts or wizard's collection.

I decided to get the 8-disc set at best buy for $50, as I enjoy, but not a die-hard fan, nor have I read the books. Perhaps, if one of the aforementioned 31-disc collections gets a deep discount next holiday season, maybe I'll get it. For now, at least I have all the movies on blu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #308
dsman71 dsman71 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dsman71's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
765
978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Yes, the UK 8 film set has more extras than the US 8 film set, but not more than the versions that you already own. In fact, it'd be a downgrade since you have the UEs of 1 and 2.
Oh I wouldnt part with my UEs of 1,2 and 8.... i was thinking of replacing 3-8 part 1 with one of those HP 1-8 sets... how do the extras compare on the set vs. the single releases of 3-8 ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #309
JeffTheMovieGuy JeffTheMovieGuy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JeffTheMovieGuy's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
221
Default

I'd love to pick up that 31 disc set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 AM   #310
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Power Member
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Oh I wouldnt part with my UEs of 1,2 and 8.... i was thinking of replacing 3-8 part 1 with one of those HP 1-8 sets... how do the extras compare on the set vs. the single releases of 3-8 ?
They're the same if you get the UK version. The US version dumps the Bonus Features Discs for the last three movies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #311
benji888578 benji888578 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2013
124
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Oh I wouldnt part with my UEs of 1,2 and 8.... i was thinking of replacing 3-8 part 1 with one of those HP 1-8 sets... how do the extras compare on the set vs. the single releases of 3-8 ?
If you're talking about blu-rays, the discs are identical, just in different packages. It doesn't make sense to replace unless you've somehow caused damage to the discs. ...If you just want to keep them together, then you could get a case for them.

The extra bonus material is only on extra discs, some of which you already have. They don't have two versions of the movies discs with more or less bonus material on those. They only way to get more is to get one of the aforementioned 31-disc sets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #312
djgeneral djgeneral is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
djgeneral's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Michigan
501
224
9
71
Default

I was waiting for an ultimate collection set, but I purchased the "price error"(?) when walmart/amazon had it for 14.99 late last year so that was good enough for me for the time being
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #313
Red Pill 101 Red Pill 101 is offline
Senior Member
 
Red Pill 101's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
35
671
Default Can someone please help/advise?

Could someone please help me out here?

My friend just drove off with my 8 disc Harry Potter set on her roof. Apparently the discs are ok, but the case is trashed. Fortunately I didn't give her the outer sleeve.

Can anyone please advise if this replacement case would work/fit inside the outer sleeve? Will it 'house' the case insert/cover art ok? I know there are different sizes of cases and such, and one size doesn't necessarily fit all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1-VIVA-E...item3382440671

Thanks very much in advance!
My Movie Collection
My 'gear':
Sony 52" KDL-52W4100
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony DVPNS700H
Sony STR-DA2400ES
Onkyo SKS-HT750
Premier Acoustics PA-120
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #314
jstxanothrxstory jstxanothrxstory is online now
Special Member
 
jstxanothrxstory's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH
398
63
9
4
Default

I believe that that's the only 8-disc case still in production, so it should fit. You could always measure the dimensions and compare.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #315
PUsokrJosh305 PUsokrJosh305 is offline
Special Member
 
PUsokrJosh305's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Indiana
45
199
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pill 101 View Post
Could someone please help me out here?

My friend just drove off with my 8 disc Harry Potter set on her roof. Apparently the discs are ok, but the case is trashed. Fortunately I didn't give her the outer sleeve.

Can anyone please advise if this replacement case would work/fit inside the outer sleeve? Will it 'house' the case insert/cover art ok? I know there are different sizes of cases and such, and one size doesn't necessarily fit all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1-VIVA-E...item3382440671

Thanks very much in advance!
I believe WB has a way that you can get a slipcover/ case replaced as long as you tell that what had happened. I know they have a great disc replacement program (ie. Star Wars Clone Wars). I would contact them first before trying to buy something from ebay or any other place
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 PM.