COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.79
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Ken Burns: The Roosevelts (Blu-ray)
$76.89
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Breakheart Pass (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM   #16101
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
A new custom cover in 2 designs,

[Show spoiler]

there is also inside art, also if anyone has any ideas please by all means share.

Thanks
What about the awesome poster art?
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #16102
Power Member

Aug 2007
Netherlands

Prepping some updates for the coming week, but wanted to leave a sneak peak at this new design first:

Design notes
  • There will be 2 versions: 1-Disc Blu-ray and a 3D+2D+Digital version.
  • I was thinking about a blue border for the 2D version, but I might go with the same gold border as it fits compliments the artwork and title treatment. Alternatively I might go with a silver border and title treatment for the 2D version.
  • As said in point 1, I will initially only design the official combos, if anyone wants a different come like BD+DVD for example they can request it after I'm finished.
  • Initially I was going to let Groot extrude onto the border as well, but it made more sense for only Rocket and Starlord to do it since they're in the front of the frame.
  • Special thanks to djakrse for providing many of the assets from the film which helped me greatly with this design.

Some notes for other designs, no picture updates yet but just to let you know how far I am.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Design notes
  • Fixed some design flaws with the front artwork.
  • Border around the main image has been edited to resemble the border from the official slipcover, but in a similar illustrated design to the main artwork.
  • I now have finalized specs for the back, so I'll be moving ahead with it in the coming weeks.
  • Design should be finished by the end of August, just in time for the official BD release in the US.
  • 2D version in progress.
  • Working on inserts as well. Current version is slipcover only. Still working on making the artwork fit properly with the combo pack banner on the 3D version.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Design notes
  • Fronts for both Phase 1 and 2 are basically done for the slipcover versions, some tweaks may be done.
  • Back designs aren't finalized yet. Multiple concepts on the drawing table.
  • Converting to inserts soon, along with interior artwork for the case.
  • Multiple sizes and formats in progress as requested by some members.

Other designs are all still in progress, but I often fluctuate from cover to cover depending on my ideas. Next update for Captain America and the Marvel collection in the coming week, with maybe some updates from some other previous work in progress designs.
PSN: Mehdi5 XBL: MechanicMan17
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #16103

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier View Post
Prepping some updates for the coming week, but wanted to leave a sneak peak at this new design first:
[Show spoiler]

Design notes
  • There will be 2 versions: 1-Disc Blu-ray and a 3D+2D+Digital version.
  • I was thinking about a blue border for the 2D version, but I might go with the same gold border as it fits compliments the artwork and title treatment. Alternatively I might go with a silver border and title treatment for the 2D version.
  • As said in point 1, I will initially only design the official combos, if anyone wants a different come like BD+DVD for example they can request it after I'm finished.
  • Initially I was going to let Groot extrude onto the border as well, but it made more sense for only Rocket and Starlord to do it since they're in the front of the frame.
  • Special thanks to djakrse for providing many of the assets from the film which helped me greatly with this design.

Some notes for other designs, no picture updates yet but just to let you know how far I am.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Design notes
  • Fixed some design flaws with the front artwork.
  • Border around the main image has been edited to resemble the border from the official slipcover, but in a similar illustrated design to the main artwork.
  • I now have finalized specs for the back, so I'll be moving ahead with it in the coming weeks.
  • Design should be finished by the end of August, just in time for the official BD release in the US.
  • 2D version in progress.
  • Working on inserts as well. Current version is slipcover only. Still working on making the artwork fit properly with the combo pack banner on the 3D version.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Design notes
  • Fronts for both Phase 1 and 2 are basically done for the slipcover versions, some tweaks may be done.
  • Back designs aren't finalized yet. Multiple concepts on the drawing table.
  • Converting to inserts soon, along with interior artwork for the case.
  • Multiple sizes and formats in progress as requested by some members.

Other designs are all still in progress, but I often fluctuate from cover to cover depending on my ideas. Next update for Captain America and the Marvel collection in the coming week, with maybe some updates from some other previous work in progress designs.
Sounds like some great progress!

I'm closing in on finishing up my Cap 2 cover as well. Still tweaking the back design. as well as changing some of the front's layout (i.e. getting rid of critic quotes to give more room for a titlecard and cast list.)

Between Cap 2, Guardians and working on initial designs for the Phase 3 cover layout, it's starting to get interesting.

I'll be showing off some new stuff soon. Prepare your bodies!
"You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny... We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die." - Bane, The Dark Knight Rises
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #16104

Dec 2012

For those that print criterion covers what printer settings and dimension sizes do you use through photoshop, just struggling a bit
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America