Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #501
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but it looks like Warner will be distributing this Paramount title. They have pre-orders up for it on their site with a release date of 12/24/13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Yeah, Paramount will handle distribution of most new films on Blu-ray and DVD for the first few months then Warner will take over diatribution.

The initial Paramount releases will be combo packs of some variety then when Warner takes over, they will either be BD only or BD with UV only.
I wonder if they will keep distributing the same discs like all the others so far. It doesn't fit the "no unrated" policy they may or may not be on, unless they are only doing the 3D disc which is the theater cut IIRC.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #502

Nov 2010
U.S.A.

Finally snagged this while at Target today because I saw a lone copy of the digibook sitting behind all the regular copies on the shelf. It was only $15 and looks really nice. So glad I waited to pick this up!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #503
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I wonder if they will keep distributing the same discs like all the others so far. It doesn't fit the "no unrated" policy they may or may not be on, unless they are only doing the 3D disc which is the theater cut IIRC.
Thus far, Warner has been distributing the same discs Paramount pressed so the unrated versions will be the only ones available to Warner. Friday the 13th, Old School, and The Ruins are a few releases that are still the unrated versions as before.

Unless Warner wants to spend money on authoring again and Paramount wants to create new HD masters which I seriously doubt is going to happen because more money.

Last edited by steve_dave; 12-11-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #504

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmBufffff View Post
Finally snagged this while at Target today because I saw a lone copy of the digibook sitting behind all the regular copies on the shelf. It was only $15 and looks really nice. So glad I waited to pick this up!
2D or 3D?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #505
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
I finally got to watch H&G for the first time last night (2D). It was an excellent and exciting adventure! The witches were stunning - loved the make up. But I have to confess that I am hot for Gemma Arterton. That babe really gets me going (loved her in Clash of the Titans and Prince of Persia!).

The action was thrilling and the whole concept was a riot - it worked well for my tastes. Edward the troll was a fun diversion.

My fingers are crossed for a sequel. No cast changes please.
Yeah this is yet another movie I'm so glad I ignored the reviews on. I loved it. Humor, action, great and nasty effects
Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #506
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmBufffff View Post
Nice find. I haven't seen a digibook since release week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Thus far, Warner has been distributing the same discs Paramount pressed so the unrated versions will be the only ones available to Warner. Friday the 13th, Old School, and The Ruins are a few releases that are still the unrated versions as before.

Unless Warner wants to spend money on authoring again and Paramount wants to create new HD masters which I seriously doubt is going to happen because more money.
Forgot about The Ruins and Friday the 13th. Yeah, one thing you know is Warner won't spend more money on these, even if they do spend more money on every one of their rental discs, which are clogging up my local library again. Of course with the Ruins we'll probably never see any with new WB barcodes, that disc was sitting and rotting in stores/cheap bins way before this distribution deal. Don't get why that film doesn't get more love, I think it's brilliant and almost as good as the book in unrated form.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #507

Dec 2013
Florida, USA

I redboxed this sucker a while ago and frankly I thought it sucked. Why have a movie take place in the past and then have technology that doesn't fit at all? When Renner's character had diabetes I just burst out laughing. The action scenes were bland and dull and Jermey Renner was just sleepwalking through the whole thing.

Also I'm probably in the minority but I don't find Gemma Arterton particularly attractive, she's meh at best and very annoying, couldn't stand her in Prince of Persia either. I normally enjoy these types of movies but this one just did nothing for me, I'll stick with Army of Darkness.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #508

Nov 2010
U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingDead View Post
2D or 3D?
It was the 2D version which is fine with me, since the extended cut is my preferred version of the movie I wouldn't have had much use for the 3D version anyway. I'm just glad I found this one as it's one of the best looking digi's I've seen.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #509

Mar 2010
Default Walmart Exclusive

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hansel...Blu-ray/88973/

It doesn't make much sense that this would be the unrated version in 3D, since that would mean a brand new encode and disc just for this Walmart reissue. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks. Knowing Walmart they won't even stock this in-store and you will have to order it online. If it is the unrated cut in 3D I would buy it for that reason since the original release only had the theatrical cut in 3D.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #510

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobe1969 View Post
yeah this is yet another movie i'm so glad i ignored the reviews on. I loved it. Humor, action, great and nasty effects
+1
Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #511
Power Member

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (96)

Watched this last night through Amazon streaming (evidently the theatrical cut) and I really enjoyed it! The unrated cut is on my "buy" list. Looking forward to seeing it.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #512
Expert Member

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards View Post
Watched this last night through Amazon streaming (evidently the theatrical cut) and I really enjoyed it! The unrated cut is on my "buy" list. Looking forward to seeing it.
I think the uncut version is ten times better than the streaming one on Netflix and Amazon. You'll likely enjoy it even more.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America