Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #21
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
El Paso, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdot View Post
It's only circular because you are focusing on the wrong points of what I'm saying. Never said anything about the look of dv.
You are taking me way too literally i don't understand your need to argue.
As a fan, I really would like to defend Inland Empire, that's all. We can save the debate for another time if you want
My Letterboxd - My Reviews - My Twitter

Instagram: @abdrewes

•••••••••••
Old 06-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
Chicago

Is it Take My Ball and Go Home month or something.

First Sodebergh, then Lucas and Spielberg and how Lynch.

People like Iron Man.

Boo ****ing hoo.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Interzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdrewes View Post
As a fan, I really would like to defend Inland Empire, that's all. We can save the debate for another time if you want
defend Inland Empire from another fan? thats my point, you arent really reading what im saying. i love it. i bought it day one on DVD and double dipped to blu-ray (as pointless as that may be) as soon as i could. theres nothing to defend.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Canada

Well, it's not surprising, but it is too bad. Lynch is my favorite director ever.

octagon, I'm not really sure what you were saying there, but it is also too bad that Soderbergh is leaving the game.
♪ LONG LIVE THE NOTE!! ♪ LET'S GO BLUES!! ♪
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #25
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
El Paso, Texas

Quote:
defend Inland Empire from another fan? thats my point, you arent really reading what im saying. i love it. i bought it day one on DVD and double dipped to blu-ray (as pointless as that may be) as soon as i could. theres nothing to defend.
Crystal clear. I was just really thrown off by your first post. Suggesting that Inland Empire is not a real film is quite the put down in my eyes. Just one of those trigger words for me...it gets me all Ted Striker

Quote:
i guess i kind of already assumed he had given up on film, its been over a decade since his last real movie.
My Letterboxd - My Reviews - My Twitter

Instagram: @abdrewes

•••••••••••
Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #26

Feb 2011

David Lynch is awesome.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Holly View Post
Well, it's not surprising, but it is too bad. Lynch is my favorite director ever.

octagon, I'm not really sure what you were saying there, but it is also too bad that Soderbergh is leaving the game.
I'm basically rolling my eyes at established filmmakers whinging (though to be fair Lynch didn't come off as cranky or as whiney as the other three) because they can't just walk into a meeting and walk out with checks for tens of millions of dollars.

Every time I read one of these articles I flash to an SCTV bit. Martin Short was playing Jerry Lewis and was (among other things) *****ing about how the twelve year old running the studio that day didn't get a Jerry Lewis.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 06-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
I'm basically rolling my eyes at established filmmakers whinging (though to be fair Lynch didn't come off as cranky or as whiney as the other three) because they can't just walk into a meeting and walk out with checks for tens of millions of dollars.

Every time I read one of these articles I flash to an SCTV bit. Martin Short was playing Jerry Lewis and was (among other things) *****ing about how the twelve year old running the studio that day didn't get a Jerry Lewis.
Lynch and Soderberg I can understand because they probably aren't that rich (maybe worth 10-20 million), but with Spielberg and Lucas you've just got to roll your eyes. I'm guessing they could each put out a Lincoln and Red Tails budgeted film every year until they die using their own money, and not take much of a financial hit at all.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #29
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

This is rather disappointing news. He's a great director, specifically due to his uniqueness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdrewes View Post
I will definitely go for one of the bigger options. David Lynch was my gateway into cinephilia.
I think he was mine too. After I saw Mulholland Drive a year or two ago, my views on films changed for the better.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

We'll always have Dune.

(Yeah, I know. It's my favorite David Lynch film even after all these years. What can I say?)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #31

Nov 2010
Rhode Island

"My ideas are not what you'd call commercial, and money really drives the boat these days."

I know that I may get killed in here for saying this, but that may be one of the most ignorant and dumbest lines of thinking that I have seen in some time. I just went onto imdb and box office mojo, and of the movies that I looked up, only one of his movies made money (and it barely did at that). If he wants to make movies for the artistic integrity, then he should agree with the studios to only get paid once the movie is profitable or pay for the budget out of his own pocket. No one goes into business to intentionally lose money, so I don't get his "corporate greed" line of thinking (towards the studios). End of rant.

After saying that, the only movie of his that I enjoyed was The Elephant Man.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies