Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Bullet to the Head (Blu-ray)
$8.85

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #281
Joshinator1989 Joshinator1989 is offline
Active Member
 
Joshinator1989's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
600
474
1
Default

The main menu on my Blu-ray only lists the scores, does the corrected disc list the different versions instead? Just purchased a copy today.
Also, I noticed that this Blu-ray is OOP on Amazon. Cheapest is close to $70!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #282
RogelioT RogelioT is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2010
California
245
88
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator1989 View Post
The main menu on my Blu-ray only lists the scores, does the corrected disc list the different versions instead?
Yup, you have the uncorrected version. If you want to see the corrected version's menu, look at the blu-ray's "customer images" gallery over on Amazon. There's screenshots of both menus there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #283
Joshinator1989 Joshinator1989 is offline
Active Member
 
Joshinator1989's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
600
474
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogelioT View Post
Yup, you have the uncorrected version. If you want to see the corrected version's menu, look at the blu-ray's "customer images" gallery over on Amazon. There's screenshots of both menus there.
Will be sending out an E-mail today. Thanks for the response.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #284
insomniac013 insomniac013 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2010
Gravity Falls
608
151
1
1
Default

Why is this OOP already
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #285
Sherlock_Jr Sherlock_Jr is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2013
Los Angeles, CA
1226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac013 View Post
Why is this OOP already
There's another ultimate edition planned by Milestone for 2012 (that still hasn't come out yet) which will contain additional footage and Technicolor sections. While this disc was made in conjunction with Milestone, there are things missing from that DVD release, like the SFX/voice tracks that were added to the '29 release. This was confirmed by the owner of Milestone Films on Nitrateville:

"Milestone's DVD is out-of-print right now but a BD edition is in the works for next year. There's a few more surprises, hopefully, and reason to have several copies. Congrats to David S. and I'm looking forward to seeing his edition!"

Last edited by Sherlock_Jr; 04-10-2013 at 05:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #286
HuggyBear73 HuggyBear73 is offline
Special Member
 
HuggyBear73's Avatar
 
May 2011
65
Default

I have the corrected version still sealed that I got from Image. Is this new Milestone edition def coming out you think? I'd like to sell my copy now for big buks if I can.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #287
DVD Phreak DVD Phreak is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
106
Default

It is NOT out of print. Disc-pressing problems caused the lack of stock, according to David Shepard, the producer of the Blu-ray. The problems have been fixed and they hope restocking will occur soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #288
Lacenaire Lacenaire is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
Default

Amazon lists this as being back in stock on May 20. Since Image is now pressing new discs, I would assume that Amazon should finally be getting the corrected version, no?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #289
jedisprite jedisprite is offline
Member
 
jedisprite's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Indiana
155
Default

I need to get this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #290
silentblu silentblu is offline
Senior Member
 
silentblu's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacenaire View Post
Amazon lists this as being back in stock on May 20. Since Image is now pressing new discs, I would assume that Amazon should finally be getting the corrected version, no?
That's my assumption. Anyone know?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #291
NightAire NightAire is offline
Member
 
NightAire's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
5
Question Netflix Source

I just read through this entire thread, and if there was an answer to my question, I missed it:

Does anybody know the source of TPOTO on Netflix's streaming service?

The colors looked over-saturated but the musical score was exceptional. The copyright at the end said 1992. The cover Netflix displays looks like the blu-ray cover. The Technicolor scene was indeed in color, but the Phantom's cape was NOT colored red in the outdoor scene.

I'm hoping the blu-ray looks better than the version on Netflix. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but to me it was watchable but not much more.

I keep watching for Milestone's blu-ray, too... after seeing what was done with Metropolis and the DVD of Nosferatu, I think TPOTH should look better than what I watched!

Last edited by NightAire; 07-19-2013 at 05:25 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #292
booger61801 booger61801 is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2013
Default New and Different Blu-Ray of Phantom released in UK

Amazon UK has announced the November 18 release of a 3 disc (Blu-Ray and DVD) Phantom of the Opera on the BFI label (British Film Institute):
ASIN: B00E65SIL8 (Amazon Stock Index Number)

"BFI Video proudly present this definitive three-disc Dual Format Edition of this celebrated classic of the silent era and horror cinema

Original prints of the film were fully tinted, with some sequences in Technicolor, and a rooftop scene using a special process that enabled the Phantom s cloak to show red against the blue night sky. This Photoplay restoration replicates all these effects, and is accompanied by Carl Davis celebrated score that draws heavily on Gounod's Faust, which is the opera being performed in the film.

Special Features

Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
Newly restored presentation of the tinted and toned 1929 version, with Carl Davis score
High Definition presentation of the 1925 version, with newly-commissioned piano accompaniment
Original trailers from the 1925 and 1929 versions
The Man with the Lantern sequence
Sequences from the sound version
Lon Chaney: A Thousand Faces (2000, Kevin Brownlow, 86 mins, DVD only): Kevin Brownlow's definitive documentary
Fully illustrated booklet with essays, films notes and credits"

No word yet about a North American release.

The DVD is region 2 encoded, but there are no specifics about the Blu-Ray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #293
FelixFlankin FelixFlankin is offline
Active Member
 
FelixFlankin's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
610
Default

I do hope the British version is the "definitive" version, as they state it is. I have been dragging my feet with the US release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #294
The Great Owl The Great Owl is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
586
195
160
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger61801 View Post
Amazon UK has announced the November 18 release of a 3 disc (Blu-Ray and DVD) Phantom of the Opera on the BFI label (British Film Institute):
ASIN: B00E65SIL8 (Amazon Stock Index Number)

"BFI Video proudly present this definitive three-disc Dual Format Edition of this celebrated classic of the silent era and horror cinema

Original prints of the film were fully tinted, with some sequences in Technicolor, and a rooftop scene using a special process that enabled the Phantom s cloak to show red against the blue night sky. This Photoplay restoration replicates all these effects, and is accompanied by Carl Davis celebrated score that draws heavily on Gounod's Faust, which is the opera being performed in the film.

Special Features

Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
Newly restored presentation of the tinted and toned 1929 version, with Carl Davis score
High Definition presentation of the 1925 version, with newly-commissioned piano accompaniment
Original trailers from the 1925 and 1929 versions
The Man with the Lantern sequence
Sequences from the sound version
Lon Chaney: A Thousand Faces (2000, Kevin Brownlow, 86 mins, DVD only): Kevin Brownlow's definitive documentary
Fully illustrated booklet with essays, films notes and credits"

No word yet about a North American release.

The DVD is region 2 encoded, but there are no specifics about the Blu-Ray.
I'm holding out for a North American release with a high definition presentation of the 1925 version, so I'm happy to see that such a transfer does, indeed, exist, and that it is being released somewhere in the world. Hopefully, it will arrive on our shores sooner rather than later.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #295
Braktastic Braktastic is offline
Special Member
 
Braktastic's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
7
Default

Is there are comparison between this release and the UK BFI release anywhere?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #296
slimdude slimdude is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
slimdude's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
-
-
8
Default

A film that's been made in 1929, is going to need major restoration. Besides, who would want to see a 85 year old movie in HD? That's older than the original King Kong! The DVD would be just fine for me.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-31-2013 at 02:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #297
Mansinthe Mansinthe is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mansinthe's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Germany
1021
22
16
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
A film that's been made in 1929, is going to need major restoration. Besides, who would want to see a 85 year old movie in HD? That's older than the original King Kong! The DVD would be just fine for me.

dude you serious?

have you seen fritz langs metropolis , M , Nibelungen or Universals Monster movies? i would LOVE to see more of these classics in HD instead of the fifth release of a stupid popcorn movie we have these days...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #298
slimdude slimdude is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
slimdude's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
-
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
dude you serious?

have you seen fritz langs metropolis , M , Nibelungen or Universals Monster movies? i would LOVE to see more of these classics in HD instead of the fifth release of a stupid popcorn movie we have these days...
I agree 100% about the popcorn movies but, a movie that old, just would not excite me to see it HD. To each its own.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-31-2013 at 02:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 AM.