Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Bullet to the Head (Blu-ray)
$8.85

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #281

Jun 2012

The main menu on my Blu-ray only lists the scores, does the corrected disc list the different versions instead? Just purchased a copy today.
Also, I noticed that this Blu-ray is OOP on Amazon. Cheapest is close to $70!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #282

Apr 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator1989 View Post
The main menu on my Blu-ray only lists the scores, does the corrected disc list the different versions instead?
Yup, you have the uncorrected version. If you want to see the corrected version's menu, look at the blu-ray's "customer images" gallery over on Amazon. There's screenshots of both menus there.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #283

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogelioT View Post
Yup, you have the uncorrected version. If you want to see the corrected version's menu, look at the blu-ray's "customer images" gallery over on Amazon. There's screenshots of both menus there.
Will be sending out an E-mail today. Thanks for the response.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #284
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Why is this OOP already
Old 04-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #285
Banned

Apr 2013
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac013 View Post
Why is this OOP already
There's another ultimate edition planned by Milestone for 2012 (that still hasn't come out yet) which will contain additional footage and Technicolor sections. While this disc was made in conjunction with Milestone, there are things missing from that DVD release, like the SFX/voice tracks that were added to the '29 release. This was confirmed by the owner of Milestone Films on Nitrateville:

"Milestone's DVD is out-of-print right now but a BD edition is in the works for next year. There's a few more surprises, hopefully, and reason to have several copies. Congrats to David S. and I'm looking forward to seeing his edition!"

Last edited by Sherlock_Jr; 04-10-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #286
Special Member

May 2011

I have the corrected version still sealed that I got from Image. Is this new Milestone edition def coming out you think? I'd like to sell my copy now for big buks if I can.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #287

Dec 2008

It is NOT out of print. Disc-pressing problems caused the lack of stock, according to David Shepard, the producer of the Blu-ray. The problems have been fixed and they hope restocking will occur soon.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #288

Jun 2012

Amazon lists this as being back in stock on May 20. Since Image is now pressing new discs, I would assume that Amazon should finally be getting the corrected version, no?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #289

Jun 2012
Indiana

I need to get this.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #290

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacenaire View Post
Amazon lists this as being back in stock on May 20. Since Image is now pressing new discs, I would assume that Amazon should finally be getting the corrected version, no?
That's my assumption. Anyone know?
Old 07-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #291

Sep 2012
Question Netflix Source

I just read through this entire thread, and if there was an answer to my question, I missed it:

Does anybody know the source of TPOTO on Netflix's streaming service?

The colors looked over-saturated but the musical score was exceptional. The copyright at the end said 1992. The cover Netflix displays looks like the blu-ray cover. The Technicolor scene was indeed in color, but the Phantom's cape was NOT colored red in the outdoor scene.

I'm hoping the blu-ray looks better than the version on Netflix. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but to me it was watchable but not much more.

I keep watching for Milestone's blu-ray, too... after seeing what was done with Metropolis and the DVD of Nosferatu, I think TPOTH should look better than what I watched!

Last edited by NightAire; 07-19-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #292

Feb 2013
Default New and Different Blu-Ray of Phantom released in UK

Amazon UK has announced the November 18 release of a 3 disc (Blu-Ray and DVD) Phantom of the Opera on the BFI label (British Film Institute):
ASIN: B00E65SIL8 (Amazon Stock Index Number)

"BFI Video proudly present this definitive three-disc Dual Format Edition of this celebrated classic of the silent era and horror cinema

Original prints of the film were fully tinted, with some sequences in Technicolor, and a rooftop scene using a special process that enabled the Phantom s cloak to show red against the blue night sky. This Photoplay restoration replicates all these effects, and is accompanied by Carl Davis celebrated score that draws heavily on Gounod's Faust, which is the opera being performed in the film.

Special Features

Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
Newly restored presentation of the tinted and toned 1929 version, with Carl Davis score
High Definition presentation of the 1925 version, with newly-commissioned piano accompaniment
Original trailers from the 1925 and 1929 versions
The Man with the Lantern sequence
Sequences from the sound version
Lon Chaney: A Thousand Faces (2000, Kevin Brownlow, 86 mins, DVD only): Kevin Brownlow's definitive documentary
Fully illustrated booklet with essays, films notes and credits"

No word yet about a North American release.

The DVD is region 2 encoded, but there are no specifics about the Blu-Ray.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #293

Feb 2012

I do hope the British version is the "definitive" version, as they state it is. I have been dragging my feet with the US release.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #294
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger61801 View Post
Amazon UK has announced the November 18 release of a 3 disc (Blu-Ray and DVD) Phantom of the Opera on the BFI label (British Film Institute):
ASIN: B00E65SIL8 (Amazon Stock Index Number)

"BFI Video proudly present this definitive three-disc Dual Format Edition of this celebrated classic of the silent era and horror cinema

Original prints of the film were fully tinted, with some sequences in Technicolor, and a rooftop scene using a special process that enabled the Phantom s cloak to show red against the blue night sky. This Photoplay restoration replicates all these effects, and is accompanied by Carl Davis celebrated score that draws heavily on Gounod's Faust, which is the opera being performed in the film.

Special Features

Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
Newly restored presentation of the tinted and toned 1929 version, with Carl Davis score
High Definition presentation of the 1925 version, with newly-commissioned piano accompaniment
Original trailers from the 1925 and 1929 versions
The Man with the Lantern sequence
Sequences from the sound version
Lon Chaney: A Thousand Faces (2000, Kevin Brownlow, 86 mins, DVD only): Kevin Brownlow's definitive documentary
Fully illustrated booklet with essays, films notes and credits"

No word yet about a North American release.

The DVD is region 2 encoded, but there are no specifics about the Blu-Ray.
I'm holding out for a North American release with a high definition presentation of the 1925 version, so I'm happy to see that such a transfer does, indeed, exist, and that it is being released somewhere in the world. Hopefully, it will arrive on our shores sooner rather than later.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #295
Special Member

Nov 2007

Is there are comparison between this release and the UK BFI release anywhere?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #296
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

A film that's been made in 1929, is going to need major restoration. Besides, who would want to see a 85 year old movie in HD? That's older than the original King Kong! The DVD would be just fine for me.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-31-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #297
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
A film that's been made in 1929, is going to need major restoration. Besides, who would want to see a 85 year old movie in HD? That's older than the original King Kong! The DVD would be just fine for me.

dude you serious?

have you seen fritz langs metropolis , M , Nibelungen or Universals Monster movies? i would LOVE to see more of these classics in HD instead of the fifth release of a stupid popcorn movie we have these days...
Old 12-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #298
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
dude you serious?

have you seen fritz langs metropolis , M , Nibelungen or Universals Monster movies? i would LOVE to see more of these classics in HD instead of the fifth release of a stupid popcorn movie we have these days...
I agree 100% about the popcorn movies but, a movie that old, just would not excite me to see it HD. To each its own.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-31-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America