Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Garfield 1 & 2: Fat Cat Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$9.98
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
The Man with No Name Trilogy 4K Remastered Edition (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #1061
The Fallen Deity The Fallen Deity is offline
Power Member
 
The Fallen Deity's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
England
131
37
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamneedle View Post
teal teal city.

compared to the japanese hdtv version - these were posted on originaltrilogy dot com's forum

I can't get over how bad it looks- and i am already cringing at the inevitable review that says that it looks fantastic.


The teal doesn't look that bad in those screencaps.

There's far worse uses of it out there.

If that's what the BD transfer will look like then I'm not complaining.

After all most of the film is set underwater and the new colour palette goes well with those scenes imo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #1062
AmishParadise AmishParadise is offline
Active Member
 
AmishParadise's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
22
Default

All I can say is that I've seen the showing on Cinemax and the word "teal" didn't even enter my mind while watching the film which I've seen a half dozen times or so on DVD. Looked excellent to me and I'm not going to go back and watch it again from my DVR just to assess how "teal" or "not teal" it may look compared to the DVD. Grow tired of discussions regarding screenshots. Jury is always out for me until I see the actual footage in motion firsthand, all preconceived notions set aside. Anyway, can't wait to own this on Blu-ray and would be perfectly happy with the theatrical cut and DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio, no extras. If additional content is offered so be it. Not a deal breaker for me either way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #1063
The Fallen Deity The Fallen Deity is offline
Power Member
 
The Fallen Deity's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
England
131
37
3
Default

Does anyone know if the new transfer of True Lies is on Cinemax as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #1064
AmishParadise AmishParadise is offline
Active Member
 
AmishParadise's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fallen Deity View Post
Does anyone know if the new transfer of True Lies is on Cinemax as well?
Appears to be a new transfer to me. Have it on my DVR. Watched the opening scene only so far which was just as impressive as The Abyss transfer. Will be watching it from start to finish this evening. Will report back if there's anything of interest to share.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #1065
Ill_Be_Back Ill_Be_Back is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Ill_Be_Back's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Northern Ireland
436
1
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
It seems forever waiting for these 2 films!
Will this be the year? I wonder!

Though I'm not so happy about the teal too.

By the way: I heard they have re-done some effects in True Lies? Is this true?
Where did you hear about the effects being redone? That is the first I have heard about it. I know there will be some sort of new extras on the upcoming release.
"I'm going to destroy them." - John 'Breacher' Wharton - Sabotage (2014)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #1066
The Fallen Deity The Fallen Deity is offline
Power Member
 
The Fallen Deity's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
England
131
37
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
Appears to be a new transfer to me. Have it on my DVR. Watched the opening scene only so far which was just as impressive as The Abyss transfer. Will be watching it from start to finish this evening. Will report back if there's anything of interest to share.
Thanks for the info.

I think the best way to tell if it's the new transfer is the colour timing because it'll probably look like most of his other films on BD.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:29 AM   #1067
teamneedle teamneedle is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2009
195
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
All I can say is that I've seen the showing on Cinemax and the word "teal" didn't even enter my mind while watching the film which I've seen a half dozen times or so on DVD. Looked excellent to me and I'm not going to go back and watch it again from my DVR just to assess how "teal" or "not teal" it may look compared to the DVD. Grow tired of discussions regarding screenshots.
some people just can't perceive the fine differences in quality. sometimes I wish my palate would be less particular with films.

anyways, in this case the teal is an issue and its bad, but the crushed blacks are a bigger problem- taking a movie that is already dark and making it darker was not a good call-

Last edited by teamneedle; Today at 04:37 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #1068
AmishParadise AmishParadise is offline
Active Member
 
AmishParadise's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamneedle View Post
some people just can't perceive the fine differences in quality. sometimes I wish my palate would be less particular with films.

anyways, in this case the teal is an issue and its bad, but the crushed blacks are a bigger problem- taking a movie that is already dark and making it darker was not a good call-
Oh please. What are you going on about? Have you even seen the showing on Cinemax? None of your prior replies indicate that you have. Is your only point of reference those crappy looking screenshots you linked to? Not to mention the fact the Blu-ray isn't even out yet.

Last edited by AmishParadise; Today at 05:53 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 PM.