Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Green Room (Blu-ray)
$18.32
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
War & Peace (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Catch Me If You Can (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #801
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

I Confess and Suspicion also coming in Japan besides France:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/I-Confess-Blu-ray/146387/
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Suspicion-Blu-ray/146342/

Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look and colors (with grain), Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, No Mercy, Runaway, Mayerling, Supergirl, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines, The Philadelphia Experiment (1984), Who's that Girl, Madonna Blond Ambition Tour
Foreign films: Sissi Trilogy, Death in Venice, Raise the Red Lantern, Cyrano, Indochine, Cavafy (1996)
Thanks given by:
James Luckard (01-07-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #802
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atfree View Post
Yes, the Aussie blu-ray of Judgment at Nuremberg is region-free. All the Shock releases of the "Hollywood Gold Series" are region free although they have Region B on the back covers.

I have:

Exodus
Journey to the Centre of the Earth
The Devil's Brigade
Lifeboat
Judgment at Nuremberg

They are all region-free and very good releases.
This is great news. Can you tell me if EXODUS, DEVIL'S BRIGADE and NUREMBERG have any extras?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #803
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Texas

Hopefully we'll get I Confess in the states.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #804

Jan 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Echo View Post
This is great news. Can you tell me if EXODUS, DEVIL'S BRIGADE and NUREMBERG have any extras?
Unfortunately, no they do not.
I hate political correctness and the culture of victimization. Your situation is NOT my fault or the fault of anyone other than you. Take responsibility for YOUR life and stop blaming everyone and everything but yourself.
Thanks given by:
Professor Echo (01-07-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #805
Special Member

Sep 2011
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Dial M for Murder - This was an absolutely fantastic movie and one I look forward to the eventual rewatch. The fact that the movie focused on the villain also gave it a different feel than I would have ever expected. It may not be anywhere near Hitchcock's best work, but it is close. I also love how it is pretty much all in one room for the entire thing. The only downside to the movie is that WB could have really done a better job at remastering it since there is A LOT of blurry and soft images for a BD. Nevertheless, I give the movie a solid 8/10 stars.
Unfortunately the problems with Dial M... stem from the way it was shot and wont look much better than it is now.
Returning to Vancouver April 22nd-24th 2016:
The Northwest Horror Show
All uncut on 35mm prints!
Submit your horror shorts today!
Old 01-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #806
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

Master list (Page 1) updated to add I Confess, The Wrong Man & Suspicion.
Alfred Hitchcock films on blu-ray thread. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198166
Old 01-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #807
Expert Member

Feb 2015

There is also an edition of Easy Virtue on Amazon.es that is supposedly region free. will confirm when I get my copy in.

http://www.amazon.es/Vida-alegre-Blu...ds=easy+virtue
Old 01-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #808
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by applemac View Post
There is also an edition of Easy Virtue on Amazon.es that is supposedly region free. will confirm when I get my copy in.

http://www.amazon.es/Vida-alegre-Blu...ds=easy+virtue
It's a bootleg
Old 01-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #809
Suspended

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezpekt View Post
Wait, what? How would Columbia's David Lean collection be "more of a box set" than RKO/Warner Hitchcock collection?

Lean directed three films for Columbia: The Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia and A Passage to India. All three are already on Blu-ray, the first two being from new 4K restorations with decent special editions.

But there already are Warner Hitchcock Blu-ray boxsets released outside North America. I own one.

Warner could easily release another one with The Wrong Man, Suspicion and I Confess, or do one big set with all their Hitchcock films.
You know, I WAS going to buy that set but then I would've had three copies of North by Northwest instead of two. The Digibook release and the release from the Masterpiece Collection USA Boxset, which is already in a multi-disc case which uses Nissens custom coverart. Obviously I still need to buy Strangers on a Train. Pity only one of the cuts is available in full HD while the other is SD. (Unless if I'm mistaken?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
I wonder if I ought to buy the WAC Hitchcock titles from either France or Japan due being lower priced or not. Same exact disc data for all the releases but I figure mildly different coverart and disc labels between them.
Now MGM/FOX needs to follow through with the rest of their titles from the set below: (I'm going to buy the Eureka Masters of Cinema release of LIFEBOAT, eventually.)

Already have The Lodger from a friend. BUT, isn't Criterion going to release it in the future? I know a few from the above set have been released in the UK but not sure if I'd buy them or not since from what I recall they're BD25 instead of BD50.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:52 AM   #810
Expert Member

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's a bootleg
dangit.
there anywhere that mentions that?
Old 01-10-2016, 01:00 AM   #811

Oct 2013
Canada

Quote:
It's a bootleg
I don't even think the film has a proper DVD release anywhere, does it? I remember looking for it at one point, physical or digital, but all the copies I found (whether youtube or Internet Archive whatever) were just awful and pretty much unwatchable (unless one really, really wanted to see it in any form possible, I guess). I think I read that a good print might not even be in existence anymore, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:27 AM   #812
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by applemac View Post
dangit.
there anywhere that mentions that?
The company releasing it (Resen) is notorious for copying existing BD releases from other studies. In this case, they're probably using the French BD as their source. Don't worry about it much since you didn't know, and it's the only region A friendly release anyway.
Thanks given by:
applemac (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:21 AM   #813
Expert Member

Feb 2015

Quote:
The company releasing it (Resen) is notorious for copying existing BD releases from other studies. In this case, they're probably using the French BD as their source. Don't worry about it much since you didn't know, and it's the only region A friendly release anyway.
Thanks for the info.
I really don't like to support bootleggers, but I read on a forum post here that it was region A playable and had different subtitles or something. Hopefully it will eventually come out in region A or the B in the UK and I will be able to get a legitimate copy.
Thanks given by:
MifuneFan (01-10-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #814

Nov 2010
NB, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
You know, I WAS going to buy that set but then I would've had three copies of North by Northwest instead of two.
That made three for me too. I got my first one in a WB Classics collection, and one from the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection, and now this one. It was the cheapest way for me to get Murder and Strangers, even though I didn't need NxNW.
Don't try too hard.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #815

Sep 2011

Quote:
There's a German blu-ray of Easy Virtue paired with The Lodger that came out last July, has it been confirmed as region locked?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #816
Expert Member

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPMA View Post
There's a German blu-ray of Easy Virtue paired with The Lodger that came out last July, has it been confirmed as region locked?
Do you have a link to any info about this one?
Old 02-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #817
Expert Member

Jun 2014
City of Angels

Does the Warner Archive have a regular schedule for release announcements? Is it too greedy to hope for a March/April release for Suspicion?
Old 02-18-2016, 07:44 AM   #818
Expert Member

Feb 2015

Watched I Confess (warner archive release) - It looks absolutely stunning. Keep them coming Warner!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #819
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyF View Post
Does the Warner Archive have a regular schedule for release announcements? Is it too greedy to hope for a March/April release for Suspicion?
Considering it's coming out in France this month from Warner (in 2 days, no less), no it's not too greedy. It should be coming in the US shortly.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #820
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

If anyone is interested in picking up an instant Hitchcock collection, check out my sig below.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America