Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #541

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards View Post
I entered 3 non-unique codes from the list and received 1 point each. Is that normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
Uhh... NO. That's disconcerting. I think I'm finally able to enter some new (non-unique) codes in just over 2 hours, so I'll chime back in to let you know how I faired on the same.
You sir, are indeed correct. I just entered 3 BDs, and as they went in the brief "30 points" pop-up appeared, but now they're just listed as ONE POINT each in my account transactions. WOAH. I'm hoping this is just a technical glitch that they're going to fix, and not a moving-forward type of change to their rewards. Lots of other strange stuff with the entries too, like the Moneyball BD code shows up as The Vow, and if you put in some of the codes that duplicated between titles, it'll give you the DVD points first, then the next entry gets BD points (30 Minutes BD/Ghostrider DVD).

Weird...
Collector of stuff...
Old 03-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #542

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
You sir, are indeed correct. I just entered 3 BDs, and as they went in the brief "30 points" pop-up appeared, but now they're just listed as ONE POINT each in my account transactions. WOAH. I'm hoping this is just a technical glitch that they're going to fix, and not a moving-forward type of change to their rewards. Lots of other strange stuff with the entries too, like the Moneyball BD code shows up as The Vow, and if you put in some of the codes that duplicated between titles, it'll give you the DVD points first, then the next entry gets BD points (30 Minutes BD/Ghostrider DVD).

Weird...
Non-unique codes are working for me. It looks like they were just changing it up so DVD's would only be worth 25 points instead of 30 (for cardholders, anyway). I just entered Sparkle, That's My Boy and Straw Dogs DVDs and got 25 each. Better than a kick in the butt I suppose.
BD Release Wishlist: Charlie Wilson's War, The Buddy Holly Story, Me & Orson Welles, Man On the Moon, Sullivan's Travels, War of the Worlds (Pal), The Lady Eve, The Wizard, Ordinary People, You Can Count On Me, Cool Runnings, The Most Dangerous Game, The King of Kong
Old 03-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #543

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
Non-unique codes are working for me. It looks like they were just changing it up so DVD's would only be worth 25 points instead of 30 (for cardholders, anyway). I just entered Sparkle, That's My Boy and Straw Dogs DVDs and got 25 each. Better than a kick in the butt I suppose.
Interesting. I've got 3 more BD entries to do today, so I guess we'll find out. It's definitely not an issue of DVD/BD though (for the most part). It's an issue of just getting 1 point for Blu-rays, as opposed to the usual 30 (for non-card members). That's obviously way out of whack (and still hasn't been fixed).

UPDATE: Nope, still getting 1 point apiece for my 3 additional BD entries today. Oy!
Collector of stuff...

Last edited by Matt C.; 03-07-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #544

May 2008

Yikes, one point does nothing at all. Is that happening for all non-cardholders?
BD Release Wishlist: Charlie Wilson's War, The Buddy Holly Story, Me & Orson Welles, Man On the Moon, Sullivan's Travels, War of the Worlds (Pal), The Lady Eve, The Wizard, Ordinary People, You Can Count On Me, Cool Runnings, The Most Dangerous Game, The King of Kong
Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #545

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Thumbs down The party's over...

Sony's response regarding this issue:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards Online Support.

Unfortunately, the older titles are now worth 1 point per disc registered, you
can earn more points by registering the newer titles.
Wow. Just like that. No comments anywhere regarding this change that just took place in the past 3.5 weeks. Absolutely uncool, especially for new Rewards members (unlike myself), and especially considering their website actually says the Blu-ray was worth 30 points when it was entered. Not sure how they can arbitrarily and summarily contradict and overwrite the point values like that on their own site within 2 seconds of eachother. I'm a non-card holder, btw, so I'm not sure if that really only applies to us (as Dmarvin seems to be implying above since his non-unique codes still seem to work fine). So a month's worth of (10) older Blu-ray entries is now equal to ONE day of Wheel of Fortune entry. Go figure. Again, this really stinks for anyone just joining the club. I've had my run already, so I've really got nothing to complain about. It's just the least Sony could do, to make some kind of announcement to their members regarding this extremely drastic change to the point values.

Whatever. Fun while it lasted, I suppose...
Collector of stuff...

Last edited by Matt C.; 03-08-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #546
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoNuts View Post
The Amazing Spider Man 2 game. 50 points for logging in and 200 for sharing on Facebook.

http://www.theamazingspiderman.com/g...g/?hs308=email

After you install the player, just hit the Sony Rewards link at the bottom. You don't have to actually play the game, but it looks like you have to install the player first before you can hit the rewards link..
Thanks!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:19 AM   #547

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Yep, I'm having issues with this myself. There is no link for Sony Rewards after the game is loaded, or after I've played it. I tried both IE11 and Chrome browsers.
I just took another look at this issue, and when I go to the site from an Anonymizer link, I can finally see the Sony Rewards logo. I guess they have implemented some sort of filter for regions (I'm in Canada)?

Unfortunately, the Unity player doesn't seem to load when I surf to the site from an anonymous provider so I'm still working on this one.
Panasonic 65VT50 | Mitsubishi HC4900 Projector | OPPO BDP-93 | Emotiva UMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Mirage OMD-15,OMD-C1,OMD-5 | Rythmik D15SE x 2 | 100" Screen | Emotiva XDA-1
Old 03-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #548

Aug 2013
Salisbury, MD

I just opened Looper on blu, and here is the un-used code that came out of it if anybody wants it...

P2YNSA48
Old 03-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #549

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micking00 View Post
I just opened Looper on blu, and here is the un-used code that came out of it if anybody wants it... P2YNSA48
Thanks for the offer, but that's actually just a "universal" code for all Looper Blu's (not-unique to your specific BD), so everyone here's already used it quite a while back. All Sony BDs up through 8/13 had universal codes that everyone could use/mooch off of (even if you didn't own the movie). The "unique" codes (unfortunately) just started for new releases that came out over the past 6 months, or so.

Nice of you to try to help us out though!
Collector of stuff...
Old 03-19-2014, 04:53 AM   #550

Apr 2011

currently have 1876 pts but 1755 of them are due to expire on the 31st

trying to get up to 1999 so that I can at least redeem for a blu.. them dropping
older blus to 1 pt sure isn't helping
Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #551

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark808 View Post

trying to get up to 1999 so that I can at least redeem for a blu.. them dropping
That sucks. You've already played the Spidey game, I'm sure. Uploading a Pompeii movie ticket or two would obviously get you there too. Other than that, there's only 90 WoF points left for this month, and 10 points max on older blu's sure doesn't help, like you mentioned. I'd guess your only shot is to get one of the newer (30/45 point) blu's entered. You could always try to trade for one on the board here if you don't have any available.

Otherwise, it looks like 90 WoF points, one new blu, and 3 old blu's is your only shot (assuming you don't have the Sony credit card). You'd still be 100 - 200 points short on the sales tax, but I'd guess you could deal with that separately.

Or, you could pick something from the smaller handful of (less popular) 1,499 point Blu-ray titles they have available as well. Good luck!
Collector of stuff...
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #552
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark808 View Post

Why don't you just pay the extra buck or two that you don't have in points to cover it? You know you have that option right? I have a bunch of points expiring at the end of the month as well and don't have enough to get American Hustle for free but will only be paying around like $9 shipped.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #553

Apr 2011

didn't know about the option to 'pay' to make up the difference in points..

anyhow I never got around to installing the Spidey game.. just did it and
received the 50 bonus points as well as another 200 for sharing it on FB

had enough to cover the 1999 pts (plus 94 pts for taxes)
Old 03-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #554
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Yep that option has been there from day one. 1 point equals 1 cent so if you need 500 points to cover the rest of the transaction you can just pay them the $5 balance. I actually forgot about the 500 points I got from the Music Unlimited trial promotion that just ended so I actually ended up scoring American Hustle for $4.10 shipped.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #555

Apr 2014

hey guys, new here but im close to get a game so if anyone has the codes for the blu rays that are currently in the rewards options (captain phillips, cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2, llewin davis and american hustle) that can reply to me i will be so grateful, thanks!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America