Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #661
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Just got back from vacation to find this and another Steelie from Amazon UK waiting for me. Zavvi packaged Roger quite nicely and had no damage. The Amazon UK Steelbook OTOH, had a big hole in the box and damage to the Steelbook. It needs to go back. FWIW, this Roger Rabbit Steelbook is perty cool.
When life gives you limes, make margaritas

Last edited by Waboman; 04-02-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #662

Mar 2013

Very good looking steelbook
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #663

Apr 2012
Milton Keynes, England

Anyone in Australia received theirs yet? Still waiting on mine.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #664

May 2009

I'm in the UK and it still hasn't arrived. The link in their dispatch email never worked. Made me wonder if they ever posted it or if they just sold more pre-orders than they could fulfil.

Emailed them yesterday and asked for a replacement to be sent. Just got email saying my money has been refunded. I don't want a refund, I want the thing I ordered three months ago!

Anyone else had issues with Zavvi items not showing up? Do they use Hermes courier service? I'm now a bit worried about the other items I've got on pre-order with them, over a hundred quids' worth.

Not happy with them.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #665
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Barking, Essex, United Kingdom

Pretty sure it is safe and sound at the home of the herpes driver.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #666
Special Member

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
I'm in the UK and it still hasn't arrived. The link in their dispatch email never worked. Made me wonder if they ever posted it or if they just sold more pre-orders than they could fulfil.

Emailed them yesterday and asked for a replacement to be sent. Just got email saying my money has been refunded. I don't want a refund, I want the thing I ordered three months ago!

Anyone else had issues with Zavvi items not showing up? Do they use Hermes courier service? I'm now a bit worried about the other items I've got on pre-order with them, over a hundred quids' worth.

Not happy with them.
What are Zavvi supposed to do? They've sent it by a service that is usually reasonably reliable (most people received their orders did they not?) and your package has gone missing. They don't have any stock left to send you replacement, so they've refunded your money. What more can they do?
Steelbook™ - 388 ~ Digibooks - 4
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #667
Expert Member

Jul 2012
SoCal, USA

Quote:

Not happy with them.
You might still receive it. That happened to me with Taken 2 steel from Amzn UK. I waited like 3 weeks and never received it. So I contacted Amzn and they refunded me. Then I received it 3 days later (almost a month after they shipped it). I contacted Amzn and told them I received it and they said don't worry about it just keep it. That was pretty cool.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #668
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooloui View Post
What are Zavvi supposed to do? They've sent it by a service that is usually reasonably reliable (most people received their orders did they not?) and your package has gone missing. They don't have any stock left to send you replacement, so they've refunded your money. What more can they do?
I think the point is that it was uncool/unfair for zavvi to list those 60 odd on ebay without holding a few back for possible replacements...they could always list them at a later date once they've allowed for missing/damaged replacements to be sorted
(Pre-)ordered: Alice in Wonderland SB / American Hustle / Beetlejuice SB / CA:TWS SB / Robin Hood SB / The Wolf of Wall Street SB / V for Vendetta SB
For Sale/Trade: Lady & the Tramp UK w/slip + TLM US 2D w/3D slip / Mary Poppins, Lady & the Tramp & Dumbo Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients
Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #669
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:

Not happy with them.
But did they specify whether it got shipped or not? If they shipped it then you likely just got a free copy of a highly sought after steelbook. Just be patient and it will probably show up.

I they specified that they had never shipped it to you, THAT is when I would be upset about the situation.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #670
Contributor

Jun 2012
Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbloke View Post
It's more expensive - £22.99 but this is still available from Zavvi Outlet on Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Who-Framed...item460de52be1
Got mine from Zavvi outlet today.
Mint condition and sent in the new packaging.
Pioneer PDP-LX6090H (ISF calibrated)
Pioneer BDP-LX91
Oppo BDP-105EU
Humax BXR-HD+2
Televés Mira
Sony Xperia™ Z1 Android 4.4.2

My Blu-ray Steelbook Collection
My broadband speed.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #671

Dec 2010
Norway

Great looking steel this one
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #672

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
terrible with steelbook packaging

but trust me, it will come back again. it is not sold out, I am 100% sure about that. Oooooooooooooooooooor this must have been an extremely limited steelbook release (like only 100 made). But I doubt that
On the contrary, mine came beautifully packaged and in perfect mint condition.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #673
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover1069 View Post
On the contrary, mine came beautifully packaged and in perfect mint condition.
different times
Old 04-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #674

Nov 2010

I missed this one sadly and was really annoyed with myself .... I have just bagged one from evilbay for £39.99 bit expensive I know but it's a BEAUTY !

The guy had 5 for sale yesterday and they are now all gone

Think this one will be a proper collector's wet dream
Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 AM   #675
Special Member

May 2011

Hey guys! I live in the US. Gonna start picking up me some steelbooks. Does this Roger Rabbit UK steelbook have the same extras as US version?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #676
Power Member

Jan 2013
Philadelphia suburbs

I would have to check but off the top of my head I think the answers no.
Panasonic TC-P50G25 THX-Onkyo TX-NR1008 THX-Seiki SR212S region B-120G PS3 slim-GoW 250G Xbox360-eD[c]12 LCR-Rythmik FV15HP

Most Wanted steelbooks - Act of Valor FS Steelbook, Saving Private Ryan UK, Alien Anthology UK

Mint sealed steelbooks for trade - Platoon, The Hobbit UK
Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #677

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
Hey guys! I live in the US. Gonna start picking up me some steelbooks. Does this Roger Rabbit UK steelbook have the same extras as US version?

It doesn't have the Toontown confidential text thread. With out looking I can't say about the rest although I think every thing else is there in relation to the US and UK blu-ray versions.

In relation to the Vista series dvd edition I can say the blu-ray doesn't have the fantastic Acme menus nor does it have the academy ratio version with more picture information.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #678

Mar 2014
London, England

Took the plunge on this from an Amazon seller with some vouchers I had. He sent it in a damn bubble mailer and it has a big dent in the top.

What an idiot! Now he's going to have to refund me £40, because he couldn't afford a box
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be Ray Liotta.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #679
Power Member

Jan 2013
Philadelphia suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusZoller View Post
Took the plunge on this from an Amazon seller with some vouchers I had. He sent it in a damn bubble mailer and it has a big dent in the top.

What an idiot! Now he's going to have to refund me £40, because he couldn't afford a box
I guess he will learn for next time. I just don't understand how anyone selling steels doesn't know you must ship them in a box with protection.
Panasonic TC-P50G25 THX-Onkyo TX-NR1008 THX-Seiki SR212S region B-120G PS3 slim-GoW 250G Xbox360-eD[c]12 LCR-Rythmik FV15HP

Most Wanted steelbooks - Act of Valor FS Steelbook, Saving Private Ryan UK, Alien Anthology UK

Mint sealed steelbooks for trade - Platoon, The Hobbit UK
Old 04-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #680

May 2008

Anybody have one sealed copy and looking to trade/sell?
Please pm me
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks