COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Charlie Countryman (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$18.98
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #2921
dallywhitty dallywhitty is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
453
256
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Tomorrow Never Dies > Goldeneye
Couldn't agree more. I didn't think much of GoldenEye, but Tomorrow Never Dies was better than I expected.
Favourite film: Blade Runner --- Favourite director: David Lynch
Favourite album: Movement by New Order --- Favourite novel: It by Stephen King
Currently reading: The Dead Zone by Stephen King

Temptation's calling you, a secret reply.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #2922
Bluyoda Bluyoda is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bluyoda's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Dagobah
44
491
104
2
Default

Finally got around to watching the latest Bond trilogy.
Skyline and Casino R. are pretty darn fine movies, and Quantum of S. is good.

I didn't see anyone mention it, so I am wondering: Is it just me, or does this one have a lot of banding, particularly in the Scotland (burning house) scenes?
That was a real banding orgy there on my HDTV!

The Macau scenes were drop dead gorgeous though, and much of the rest as well.

Maybe my setup is prone to banding????
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #2923
bsweetness bsweetness is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bsweetness's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
408
429
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Tomorrow Never Dies > Goldeneye
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Couldn't agree more. I didn't think much of GoldenEye, but Tomorrow Never Dies was better than I expected.


Glad to see Tomorrow Never Dies getting some love.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #2924
stvn1974 stvn1974 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Oklahoma
2
Default

For me Casino Royale and Skyfall are 5 star films. Quantum Of Solace doesn't even seem like it's own film but one long deleted scene that was added back into CR which also makes it a 5 star film for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #2925
Rinzler Rinzler is offline
Power Member
 
Rinzler's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
365
125
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluyoda View Post
Finally got around to watching the latest Bond trilogy.
Skyline and Casino R. are pretty darn fine movies, and Quantum of S. is good.

I didn't see anyone mention it, so I am wondering: Is it just me, or does this one have a lot of banding, particularly in the Scotland (burning house) scenes?
That was a real banding orgy there on my HDTV!

The Macau scenes were drop dead gorgeous though, and much of the rest as well.

Maybe my setup is prone to banding????
I haven't noticed any banding... perhaps it is your display? What kind/brand?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #2926
dallywhitty dallywhitty is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
453
256
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post


Glad to see Tomorrow Never Dies getting some love.
Yeah! My favourite of Brosnan's. By the way, I recently saw The World is Not Enough for the first time. Christmas Jones aside, it was really good!

In regards to the Daniel Craig trilogy - Casino Royale is my second favourite Bond film behind On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Quantum of Solace is a mess (although it does have its merits) and Skyfall is a great film which concludes the trilogy nicely and makes me excited for Bond 24!
Favourite film: Blade Runner --- Favourite director: David Lynch
Favourite album: Movement by New Order --- Favourite novel: It by Stephen King
Currently reading: The Dead Zone by Stephen King

Temptation's calling you, a secret reply.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #2927
Bluyoda Bluyoda is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bluyoda's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Dagobah
44
491
104
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
I haven't noticed any banding... perhaps it is your display? What kind/brand?
It's a Pioneer-Kuro 50inch. It's fantastic.
My BD player is an Oppo-83SE.

I have calibrated my setup using 3 different calibration discs.
I don't understand why there is banding on my setup.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #2928
Markgway Markgway is offline
Expert Member
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
Default

I got SKYFALL on BD for Xmas.

Many good points, but the script problems remain as problematic as ever.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #2929
Rinzler Rinzler is offline
Power Member
 
Rinzler's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
365
125
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluyoda View Post
It's a Pioneer-Kuro 50inch. It's fantastic.
My BD player is an Oppo-83SE.

I have calibrated my setup using 3 different calibration discs.
I don't understand why there is banding on my setup.
That's odd... ever notice it with anything else?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #2930
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
North Richland Hills
24
790
192
125
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
I got SKYFALL on BD for Xmas.

Many good points, but the script problems remain as problematic as ever.
How would you rate it?
Top 20 Favorite Films: 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Shawshank Redemption 3. Pulp Fiction 4. The Empire Strikes Back 5. The Departed 6. The Lord of the Rings 7. Casino Royale 8. The Lion King 9. District 9 10. No Country For Old Men 11. Tropic Thunder 12. Traffic 13. Jaws 14. Superbad 15. Inception 16. The Iron Giant 17. Vertigo 18. Saving Private Ryan 19. Alien 20. Children of Men
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #2931
Canada Canada is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
404
11
39
Default

Skyfall was a great Bond on par with Goldfinger and Casino Royal one of my top 5 Bond films for sure, Javier Bardem was so good as Silva.
Home Theater Geeks Overcome Bond quotes USA the Greatest country in the world? Immigrant Song Hall of the Mountain King Spring Breakers Mulholland Drive
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever!
Front Speakers B&W 683 Center B&W HTM61 surrounds B&W 685
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #2932
MrHT MrHT is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrHT's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
160
1
Default

$4.99 at Amazon! What retailer are they price matching?
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #2933
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
1
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
$4.99 at Amazon! What retailer are they price matching?
Too difficult to type http://www.bestbuy.com ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #2934
KaineKinetic KaineKinetic is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KaineKinetic's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
493
37
9
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic
Default

Are they ever going to continue the Casino/Quantum storyline? That was my biggest issue with Skyfall. I really liked that storyline. I'm also in the minority that prefers Casino and Quantum over Skyfall.
While it is a good movie, I just really fail to understand HOW it made a billion in Box Office. I just don't think it was that good.
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #2935
jwerk jwerk is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
jwerk's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza
129
19
5
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Too difficult to type http://www.bestbuy.com ?
Too difficult to type a positive response just once?
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread

Girls: Season 2 digital copy (full code) for trade.
Looking for Vudu: Eastbound & Down S4, Hannibal S2, Helix S1
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #2936
MrHT MrHT is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrHT's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
160
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Too difficult to type http://www.bestbuy.com ?
Well I'll be damned. I was over there this morning and didn't see any $5 sale sign at the store. Best Buy is becoming to be a mess.
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #2937
baheidstu baheidstu is online now
Power Member
 
baheidstu's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Canada
794
67
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
Are they ever going to continue the Casino/Quantum storyline? That was my biggest issue with Skyfall. I really liked that storyline. I'm also in the minority that prefers Casino and Quantum over Skyfall.
While it is a good movie, I just really fail to understand HOW it made a billion in Box Office. I just don't think it was that good.
It's a possibility. Goldfinger featured an independent villian while the two movies before it and the three after it all featured SPECTRE. They really need to explore Quantum a bit more, perhaps ultimately leading to the reveal of a master villain on the scale of Blofeld.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #2938
Markgway Markgway is offline
Expert Member
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalorian View Post
how would you rate it?
2.5/5
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #2939
Bucky Bucky is offline
Special Member
 
Bucky's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Maryland
345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
It's a possibility. Goldfinger featured an independent villian while the two movies before it and the three after it all featured SPECTRE. They really need to explore Quantum a bit more, perhaps ultimately leading to the reveal of a master villain on the scale of Blofeld.
I hope that is the case but in those days they were doing a Bond movie every year so it was only two years between From Russia with Love and Thunderball, with Goldfinger in between. If they bring Quantum back for Bond 24 it will be seven years since Quantum of Solace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #2940
KaineKinetic KaineKinetic is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KaineKinetic's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
493
37
9
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
I hope that is the case but in those days they were doing a Bond movie every year so it was only two years between From Russia with Love and Thunderball, with Goldfinger in between. If they bring Quantum back for Bond 24 it will be seven years since Quantum of Solace.
That'd be better than an unresolved story.
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 PM.