Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
7 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
23 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
14 hrs ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
3 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #261
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

PULP FICTION foul film and characters

RAGING BULL ummm, see above

SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE yawnnnnnn
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #262
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow61095 View Post
So, what does that say about you - trashing the thread? Irony?
As then you are trashing people who like this thread's tastes.......
#1. I'm not trashing the thread. I'm trying to make the thread be seen for what it is so a MOD can either clear it, lock it, or change the title to be appropriate for civil discourse on the matter.

#2. I have not trashed anyone who likes this thread. At no point have I called anyone out for their tastes. In fact, I've stated a couple of times that people are entitled to their opinions.

Quote:
........If you don't like this thread -- so why keep following and reading it --- Wouldn't that be a waste of time?
The internet is a big place, why not find a thread you do like and contribute there?
#1. Because I care for this community and take an active role in trying to keep it in the spirit of celebrating the nature of entertainment. Bringing awareness of threads like this to the right peoples attention makes for a better community. I don't consider caring for my community a waste of time.

#2. I find both types of threads and contribute positively in both. Believe it or not, by NOT calling films overrated and NOT participating in the stream of thought taking place here, I'm contributing more positively than most others since they are all posting purely negative comments by design.

Quote:
Back to the subject of overrated movies and movie franchises: the Christopher Reeve Superman franchise fits that bill.
[Show spoiler]Flying around the world and making it spin backwards. The kiss of forgetfulness. Richard Pryor. Superman IV: The Quest for peace
Again, another example. You just told everyone that likes Superman: The Movie (or anything from the franchise for that matter) that they are somehow wrong and have bad taste for liking them. How is that productive to the community?

Quote:
P.S. ------- Would adding post in a thread that contains nothing to do with the topic of the thread and simply bad mouthing the thread be trolling???
Hahaha... My "bad mouthing" the thread is actually counter to a hotbed of negativity. And it's not even really bad mouthing it since I'm just being realistic in my description of it. Bad mouthing would be far more dramatic and hyperbolized than the stating of the obvious. And, trolling? I'm certainly not trying to provoke anybody's reaction other than a MODs in seeing that this thread is counterproductive to the very design and purpose upon which this site was created.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #263
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet View Post
So does Dolly Parton. So whats your point?
Dolly Parton = epic, in more ways than one....in fact, in two

Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #264

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post

SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE yawnnnnnn
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #265
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude12 View Post

ha ha ha
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #266
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Dallas, TX

Three overrated recent films:

Hanna - Ok movie, but didn't live up to the hype.

Super 8 - Train wreck of a movie. Pun intended.

The Help - I love Emma Stone but I was bored out of my mind. Definitely didn't deserve all of those awards IMO.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #267
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

lord of the rings
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/COD Advance Warfare/The Evil Within/Sunset Overdrive/The Master Chief Collection/Assassin Creed Unity/Far Cry 4
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #268
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Toy Story 3 by a massive, massive margin

99% rotten tomatoes score

8.5 IMDB

83.7% of bluray.com votes gave it 5/5 stars LINK

Extremely high ratings for a movie I havent been bothered to see again after the theaters even though I own it on bluray
==
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #269

Nov 2007
Metairie, Louisiana

TDK-R, Star Trek 2009, Mission Impossible 4.
"They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives......."
Old 01-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #270
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam777 View Post
Three overrated recent films:

Hanna - Ok movie, but didn't live up to the hype.

Super 8 - Train wreck of a movie. Pun intended.

The Help - I love Emma Stone but I was bored out of my mind. Definitely didn't deserve all of those awards IMO.
Did Hanna have a lot of hype ? I don't remember it but like you I thought it was OK, nothing amazing.

Super 8 I thought was really good. The best Kid lead film since goonies. Well it was good till the very end.

As for the Help. I took my mother to see it cause she read the book and loved it and she hated the movie and I did too.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #271
Suspended

Oct 2008

Some that come to mind...

Moonrise Kingdom
Sin City
Ted
Donnie Darko
The Artist
Easy Rider

Just to name a few. I'm sure there are many I've missed.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #272
Special Member

Aug 2008
PA, USA

Quote:

Back to the subject of overrated movies and movie franchises: the Christopher Reeve Superman franchise fits that bill.
[Show spoiler]Flying around the world and making it spin backwards. The kiss of forgetfulness. Richard Pryor. Superman IV: The Quest for peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Again, another example. You just told everyone that likes Superman: The Movie (or anything from the franchise for that matter) that they are somehow wrong and have bad taste for liking them. How is that productive to the community?
I said nothing of the sort. I think you misunderstand what "over-rated" means. The are movies that I like that I think are over-rated by the general public. What I said is I believe that the Superman Franchise as a whole is over-rated because many people overlook the poor parts of the franchise and only concentrate on the good parts of the movies. This does not mean they are bad movies or that someone has bad taste for liking or not liking the movies -- just that these movies are held in high esteem by the General public and it may not be entirely deserved. I have no problem with someone having different opinions than me and discussing that ---- In fact, I like that others have a different opinion than me, because it would be a pretty boring planet if everyone had the same opinions. ---- The purpose of this kind of post is to get others thinking.
Someone may read my post and say, "he's right - I've always thought that those movies were great, but I've been overlooking the flaws that they contain. I still like the movies, but I now have a slightly different opinion on them"
or
"I totally disagree with him. What he thinks are flaws, I think are good parts of the movies."

Either is ok. And thinking and re-examining ones beliefs is productive.
LG 42" 1080p 240Hz LED
60 GB PS3
Onkyo TX-SR605
Klipsch RB51 5.1 system
Sony 32" 1080i CRT (bedroom)
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #273
Special Member

Aug 2008
PA, USA

Quote:

#2. I have not trashed anyone who likes this thread. At no point have I called anyone out for their tastes. In fact, I've stated a couple of times that people are entitled to their opinions.

But, in fact, by attempting to have this thread locked, are you not attempting to silence others opinions - and claiming that having any non positive opinion is wrong and should be banned from forums?

Quote:

Hahaha... My "bad mouthing" the thread is actually counter to a hotbed of negativity. And it's not even really bad mouthing it since I'm just being realistic in my description of it. Bad mouthing would be far more dramatic and hyperbolized than the stating of the obvious. And, trolling? I'm certainly not trying to provoke anybody's reaction other than a MODs in seeing that this thread is counterproductive to the very design and purpose upon which this site was created.
So 2 negatives make a positive????
I always thought the saying was "Two wrongs don't make a right".
Also, FYI - A Mod posted in this thread back on page 1 -- so, there are definitely Mods that are aware of this thread. If you wanted to contact a Mod, why wouldn't you just Private Message them instead of posting in the thread that you claim to despise???

P.S. - I just noticed that your profile has your biography listed as:
Quote:
Biography
I've never met a movie I didn't respect... until 'Cloverfield'!

That seems more negative than some of the comments I have read in this thread.
LG 42" 1080p 240Hz LED
60 GB PS3
Onkyo TX-SR605
Klipsch RB51 5.1 system
Sony 32" 1080i CRT (bedroom)

Last edited by arrow61095; 01-15-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #274
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude12 View Post

Quote:
PULP FICTION

Agree on both of these. Pulp fiction is so juvenile and impossible to get into. Only nthe Uma Thurman story is even remotely interesting but even that gets lame. Tarantino is a hackjob amateur. Period.

Raging Bull = Steaming Bull SH!T.

Sony XBR 65" 4K 850B
Samsung UN6500 LED
Sony BDPS 5200, LG BD570, PS3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STR DH550
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 560

Last edited by s2mikey; 01-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #275
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Quote:

I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #276
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
Moonrise Kingdom
Sin City
Ted
Donnie Darko
The Artist
Easy Rider
I think this is the greatest list ever. Not because I agree with it, but because it's mostly recent films, and then it ends with, of all things, Easy Rider. It's so jarring and out of left field that I have to like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post

Agree on both of these. Pulp fiction is so juvenile and impossible to get into. Only nthe Uma Thurman story is even remotely interesting but even that gets lame. Tarantino is a hackjob amateur. Period.
It's be easier to take you seriously if you didn't have a Lord of the Rings avatar.
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #277
Suspended

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Holly View Post
I think this is the greatest list ever. Not because I agree with it, but because it's mostly recent films, and then it ends with, of all things, Easy Rider. It's so jarring and out of left field that I have to like it!

I actually enjoy each of those films, I just feel they're each a bit overrated. Glad you had a good laugh over it though.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #278
Banned

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Toy Story 3 by a massive, massive margin

99% rotten tomatoes score

8.5 IMDB

83.7% of bluray.com votes gave it 5/5 stars LINK

Extremely high ratings for a movie I havent been bothered to see again after the theaters even though I own it on bluray
It is one of those movies that was popular simply because the audience grew up watching the others movies. It wasn't a bad film, just emotionally manipulative and pure Disney fluff. I never really cared much for the first two movies, so I was kind of indifferent to the whole thing.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #279
Banned

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
Some that come to mind...

Moonrise Kingdom
Sin City
Ted
Donnie Darko
The Artist
Easy Rider

Just to name a few. I'm sure there are many I've missed.
Sin City is a bad movie. I hate it aside from Mickey Rourke.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies